should this be ok?

katie

I am getting a touch up on saturday and I want to give myself a conditioner wash tomorrow(thursday).Would that irritate my scalp washing my hair so soon to my touchup? Has anyone ever done this?

Peachtree

Personally, for me, a two day window is not enough. I prefer waiting at least 3 days. But definitely a conditioner wash before having a touch up is a smart move

Titansgirl

Katie, I did that and didn't have a problem w/ my relaxer. I think it is important for you or whoever is putting in your relaxer to base your scalp really well. I normally wash my hair 3 to 4 days before my relaxer, but I didn't do a protein treatment, and I had to do one before the relaxer was applied....

ny2atl

I see as usual... everyone's scalp is different. I made a mistake of doing a conditioner wash on a Wednesday and got my touch up that Saturday and my perm burned, even the shampoo burned! I was glad I didn't have any scabs. Whoa!

This past Saturday, I got another touch up and decided to do my conditioner wash on Tuesday instead of Wednesday (4 days instead of 3) and that extra day did make a difference.

katie

Thanks for respnding evryone.
I think I wont do the wash then.I find my scalp is sensitive