shrinkage blues

choconillaprincess

I've been fotki lurking today and i came across a fotki friend's profile that i hadnt visited in a while. i did my bc about a yr before she did and we cut to about the same length. And I'm soOo jealous rite now because her hair looks so much longer than mine! our length is roughly the same (around BSL- I've had a few setbacks) and we both have 3c/3b hair but she doesnt have nearly the shrinkage i do! i know everyone's hair is different and blah blah blah but i'm just feeling a lil down in the dumps because i feel like i've been doin all this hair growing and its not even noticeable because my hair shrinks about FIFTY PERCENT! this sucks so much... but i'll never go back to the chemicals... i kno i shouldnt be comparing my hair to anyone else's but sumtimes i just cant help it... anyone else get the shrinkage blues?

cherryhair123

You just learn to accept it. Your hair is so pretty. I wouldn't even try to relax the curl even with natural products (which is usually the only way to reduce shrinkage).

that_1_grrrl

Are you sure her hair isn't longer? It's kind of hard to tell with curly hair sometimes.

But I feel you. I don't have shrinkage blues, but I do have the comparing-my-growth-to-others blues. I try not to do it, but sometimes a person's hair will just get to me.

choconillaprincess

^^^ yea maybe thats wut it is... i normally dont fret about my shrinkage but it just got to me this time... yea our hair is the same length she had fotos of her hair straightened... my hair shrinks to shoulder-grazing(on a good day) and hers hangs past... *sigh* oh well

that_1_grrrl

^^^ yea maybe thats wut it is... i normally dont fret about my shrinkage but it just got to me this time... yea our hair is the same length she had fotos of her hair straightened... my hair shrinks to shoulder-grazing(on a good day) and hers hangs past... *sigh* oh well

*hugs* Give it some time, your hair might start to hang like that too. You hair is so gorgeous, I wouldn't really worry about it. :grin: But, take your time and :ohwell: :nono: and :sad: about it. Lol, we all need that every so often.