*Sigh* Crooked Cut

AlwaysNatural

Hey, im 17, new to the board, lurked on here for about a year, and when faced with this dilemma decided, hey why don't I join maybe these intelligent ladies can chime in some advice on what I should do.

I went to the hairdresser, i am a 4B Natural very very thick hair, and only the salon seems to be able to press my hair right (or my sister, but she hates doing hair). I have a steamer and all of that stuff and i could do it myself, but its a very labouring and long task, and since i have fibromyalgia and joint pain its hard for me to really do it myself (and i haven't really entirely mastered how to straighten my hair myself without damaging it or getting everything straight). Anyways...ontopic sorry basically I hadn't had a treatment in a long time because i kept protective styling with weaves so i decided after 4-5 months of not visiting the salon to get my hair straightened...you know see my progress and assuming i needed a protein treatment i decided to go. If they wanted to give me a trim -- which they did didn't really bother me. All the stylist there are good at straightening my natural hair so i let any of them do my hair, i prefer the owner to do it but meh...

anyways very long story short, she parted my hair weirdly, trimmed my hair and then curled up the ends. I later then realized that the left side of my hair is 1" if not more shorter than the right....i already lost a lot of length... the front of my hair prior to the trim was about 11" matching up closely with my 14" weaves, is their a way i can grow the left side up evenly without having to cut my hair? Because i really, the way i am feeling do not want to ever let anyone trim my hair again, i was skeptical about it...but i felt kind of intimidated by the stylist so i just let her do whatever, if i go back they're just going to offer to fix it...and make my hair even shorter i don't know any other stylist in my area that can operate with natural hair or really trust...so not quite sure what to do.

Sorry I have a tendency to type a lot, what im trying to say is this:

Is it possible to grow the left side of my hair back to the same length as the right without having to get my hair cut again?

Here's a pic, and no it has nothing to do with how its parted no matter what unless worn up you can clearly see the difference i took it in but i thought it was originally because of how it was parted and curled until i gave it a light press in the morning. Though my mother begs to differ, you see it too right?

(sides reversed because taken on ipod)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/5/alwaysnatural.jpg/

The back of my hair is still decent though.... about 3" away from apl i'd say..just the sides that are bothering me.

Last edited:

Natty_Virgo

Damn I am mad she cut your hair that uneven. Don't ever go back to her.

I hope some of these ladies can tell you something good. I have never heard of growing out just one side.

nikkigill

oh wow... never go back. based on the pic, i would sew it rt back up and not look at it for 6-8 mos and then it'll be at the desired length to even it back up.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
It will grow back! Welcome AlwaysNatural. I have Fibro too, so I understand not having the energy, strength, or desire to do your own hair. :( I'm sorry the salon cut your hair like that. You didn't ask for an asymmetrical bob... SMH

AlwaysNatural

oh wow... never go back. based on the pic, i would sew it rt back up and not look at it for 6-8 mos and then it'll be at the desired length to even it back up.

Yeah....I was thinking of just rocking clip in extensions and then either weave it up or rocking a wig....

BostonMaria

I agree with nikkigill. I say weave it up, baby your hair, then revisit when you're ready for a trim. Please don't EVER go back to the woman. So sorry this happened to you.

Sent from my fancy iPhone using LHCF

ms.blue

Did the stylist think you wouldn't notice? I agree w/ everyone and just weave it up until you are comfortable cutting your hair even.

AlwaysNatural

She curled the ends up and didnt charge me for the protein treatment....and i guess assumed i would not notice. Makes sense now...*sigh* i guess in the future i'll only let them just straighten my hair and deny all requests to trim...unless by the owner.

Looks decent when worn like this....though so i guess i can live.

Attachments

• ipodpics 024.JPG
    ipodpics 024.JPG
    223.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

AlwaysNatural

Update*** I went back with a friend, let the owner fixed it. The girl who messed up my hair claimed she never did it and that thats the way it was. Called me a liar who is trying to scheme for money. I have no problems with money, lol why would i jack up my hair i was growing out for 7 months...for a little 30 dollars, cmon man. She went on a fit, she got in trouble she still claims she never made a mistake "i never make mistakes" then accused my friend who went with me with probably experimenting with my hair. My friend set it off, i told her to stop talking she talks too much but if i went by myself i probably would have just started crying. Long story short it got cut...they told me "it will grow back" she only gave me 20 dollars back but the owner is a respectable person and believes me. And yeah all my effort is down the drain. Everything could be worse..i tell myself...or i could have no hair...so being shoulder length isn't so bad..

Darenia

You have had such a great and positive attitude through this entire thing.

Honestly the salon owner should have given you a complete refund and an apology for your troubles (not "it will grow back"). Hair cuts/trims can be very stressful for many women. Unfortunatly there are people who will take advantage of your youth and they should be ashamed of themselves. That stylist behaved foolishly and has probably behaved this way before.

But at the end of the day you can be proud of yourself knowing you dealt with the situation and conducted yourself respectably and honestly.

Happy Hair Growing and looking forward to your future updates.:yep:

knjsavy

Sorry this happened to you, your hair is still gorgeous looking and will grow back. Welcome and happy growing

reeko43

Welcome! That woman should not be working for that salon anymore! That is not the way to treat a customer! Did other patrons hear her talking to you like that? You handled yourself well. I have grown out many bad cuts over the years. You will definitely have your length back. Just take good care of your hair.

fashion87

Welcome!!
I'm glad you even went back to the salon, alot of people wouldn't have to avoid the confrontation :yep:. Kudos to you!!!!!