::Sigh:: The quest for the perfect leave in conditioner!

Porsche19

I’ve gone through tons of leave-ins, never finding the right one. My most recent love, motions nourish has a changed formula and I don’t like the changes. After this bottle, it will be my last.

I’ll make a list of leave-ins that I’ve tried and reasons that I stopped using them:

1) Aphogee pro-Vitamin Leave-in conditioner- it’s ok, but it comes in a small bottle... which just will not do it for me.

2) Elasta QP H-Two leave-in - left my hair drier than with other leave ins and it also comes in a too small bottle.

3) Infusium 23- I still use this, but only on those rare occasions in which I use heat on my hair. I don’t like the results when I air-dry with it.

4) Motions Nourish-changed formula

5) NTM Leave in-left hair dry

6) Razac- loved it for a long time, but it has no “good” ingredients like proteins/vitamins/oils. I notice that my hair looks better when I use a leave in with the good stuff.

7) Fantasia IC leave-in- doesn’t list the ingredients, so I won’t use it.

That’s all.

Now, I need a leave in. I don’t know which way to turn. I really need some recommendations... it’s hard to even search for good ones because I’ve either tried it, or it doesn’t fit in with my “requirements”

What I require from a leave-in conditioner :ohwell:

As you may have noticed from my list, I prefer liquid leave-ins. Or at least, I used too. Now I’ll try creamy ones since all of the liquids are failing on me.

I also can’t work with small bottles. I’m on a BUDGET and I use a lot of leave in conditioner. One bottle should last me for at least 3 weeks. So even if it’s a really good leave in and comes in a small bottle, I will not use it.

It has to be at the most 5 or 6 dollars, part of the budget thing.

I know that this is a crazy way to ask, but I’m desperate. Help anyone?

Bunny77

Try Giovanni Direct. You can buy it at health food stores for about $6 and it should last you at least 3 weeks. It feels just like regular conditioner and the bottle is 8.5 oz.

HairQueen

Hiya, I am a newbie should really introduce myself on this board.

Kera care leave -in conditioner is brilliant! I use it and love it. Its a creamy one (i don't like liquid ones they make my hair too wet). Its quite pricey but its worth it let me know how it goes.

Hair queen

Allandra

Porsche19 said:
6) Razac- loved it for a long time, but it has no “good” ingredients like proteins/vitamins/oils. I notice that my hair looks better when I use a leave in with the good stuff.
Please tell us what 'you' consider good ingredients so we can better help you out. What is 'the good stuff' for your hair?

Leslie_C

I was gonna suggest giovanni direct too. You can also get some of the higher end ones pretty cheap on ebay. Before I came to the boards I used to use always 911 leave in for extra dry hair and it worked fine. A lot of regular cheapo conditioners work well as a leave in if used in a small amount (Im thinking some of the suave generic ones). Pantene conditioning detangler spray is great too, but I havent used it alone before....Ive mainly used it for detangling only....gonna have to try that!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I use Motions Nourish leave-in. I started using it during the end of 2003. When did they change the formula???

Angelicus

Porche, I know how frustrating this is! I had so many leave-ins and none of them "wowed" me. I have really thick hair and the only thing that works for me is L'Oreal Natures Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment (LUST). Yes, it is a regular conditioner, but it is the best leave in for my hair because it leaves it smooth and shiny. It's thick and a little goes a long way.

It is pricey, but you can buy a trial packet for $1.99 @ sallys. (ugh, why do i sound like a commercial?).

Good Luck and happy hair growing!

hotshot

i recommend:
aussie hair insurance
stay sof fro

i also prefer rinse out conditioners as leave ins:
dove intense moisture
natures gate herbal
elucence MB
suave milk and honey

SouthernGirl

I used to use Salerm 21 with great results before I switched to MNT. Based on your other products listed and what I think you might be looking for, I'd say try Salerm.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Champagne_Wishes said:
Has anyone tried that leave-in by Black n' Sassy called Caribbean Leave-in? That stuff looks so promising.

:down:

I hated this on both my relaxed and natural hair. I had instant gumminess and build-up. :( It smells good, though.

atlantatiffany

i have a hard time finding leave ins also.

so far i like

arosci, i have only found it at the hair cuttery, $7

kenra, $11

i just ordered oyin greg's juic and asha's silkwater.

i really like the first two, but i am switching to more natural products.

Isis

Some leave-ins can be great buys because they last longer than 3 weeks:

Nexxus Headress (creamy)
Biolage Leave-In Hair Tonic (more watery)

Since one doesn't need to use as much of these in the hair they can be economical.

MonaLisa

DangerouslyShy said:
I use Salerm annd I love it.

you didnt like NTM silk touch leave in

DS...that's the first thing my mind went to. I'm like...wow. I'm so in love with that ish that I have no desire to use another leave in.

Bap

Does anyone know where i could buy salerm @ in Chicago?

Currently:Shoulders length
First Goal:to keep my hair healthy
Second Goal: Brastrap length

Asa i can get my hubby to fix his camera i will post some pics.
Have a bless day

Tene

Nexxus Humectress
Suave Awapuhi
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner
Sebastian Detangling Milk Leave In
Giovanni Direct
Nexxus Headress
Bain De Terre Detangling Shine Leave In

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I love using African Pride African Miracle leave-in conditioner hair & scalp strengthening tonic. It cost $4.29 to $5. It makes my hair shiny, soft with no frizz and it also strengthens my hair strands. I was trying to find the ingredients on a website but I couldn't find it. It has mostly herbs as the main ingredients. Here is a picture of the bottle:

I hope this helps I prefer using this than the Nexxus volumizing leave-in conditoner.

Allandra

Pantene Detangle Light Spray Conditioner <-- I also use this. I mainly use it for detangling, but it makes a good leave-in too.

melodee

Biolage Leave In Tonic is a good watery leave in.
I also like African Pride, I use the braid spray as a leave in.

The L'oreal Moisture Therapy leave in is a good creamy leave in.

LacioLacio is nice too.