Silk Amino Acid in my mascara- WOW!

nflight

So I recntly read a thread here about adding silk amino acid to your mascara to aid in eyelash growth. My eyelids are essentially bald and I had considered Latisse, but had heard lukewarm reviews and scary side effects. Three weeks ago I ordered silk amino acid and added several/many drops of it to my mascara tube. I then washed/sterilized an old wand and set it aside. For the past 21 days this has been my routine pretty faithfully - (though not religiously):

1. Before bed I dip the clean dry wand into the SAA and apply a drop directly to the baseof my lashes, making sure not to get it in my eyes. One drop. I think rinse the wand with hot hot water and let it air dry.

2. In the morning I apply my mascara as usual (which also has the SAA)

Nothing happened ...it seemed.

Yesterday, my DH asked if I was wearing false lashes!.... I looked at myself and I realized my lashes are full and long and beautiful and 'normal'- not sparse. I've been so focused on length that I missed the subtle change in density. The lashes filled in.

There's no magic, but it did produce results. I'm a believer!:drunk:

Foufie

thanks for this, I lost a few wearing falsies and they seem to have left me with much less density. This is probably a dumb question but where can i purchase SAA?

Reecie

That sounds awesome OP... I guess another "Pro" to add to the list of amazing things that SAAs can achieve. I will so have to try this. AND YOU SHOULD KNOW RIGHT NOW OP

..... we will all be asking to see some pics, so get your camera ready and take some. :click:. I'm just playing.... no I'm not. :bat:

AMAKA127

I added SAA to my MAC prime and prep lash and it has been doing wonders for my lashes for the last month. I've also had a serious problem with my eyebrows growing in after getting them waxed so often, so I apply SAA to a small eye brow brush and brush it on. Happy with the results so far

nflight

..... we will all be asking to see some pics, so get your camera ready and take some. :click:. I'm just playing.... no I'm not. :bat:
[/QUOTE]

I WISH I'd taken pix. I now realize the act of taking a 'before' means you believe there will be a change in the 'after'. I didn't expect much. Lesson learned. And the baseball emoticon is flat hilarious!!!

LivingDol1

i need to try this. :)

i'm always jealous of other people who have super thick perfect eyelashes. i used to wear the individual fake lashes but i haven't gotten them done in like a year. part of me wants to... maybe just... once... they're fun... hmm...

i'll try SAA first. :D

Adaoba2012

I added SAA to my mascara primer and I can't tell if my lashes have got any longer but I'm gonna try and remain consistent. I don't even know how long I have been doing it! I'm gonna add it to my mascara too so I can get a double effect. Oh and you can get a 5% discount on lotioncrafter.com with the code LHCF2010!

nflight

i need to try this. :)

i'm always jealous of other people who have super thick perfect eyelashes. i used to wear the individual fake lashes but i haven't gotten them done in like a year. part of me wants to... maybe just... once... they're fun... hmm...

i'll try SAA first. :D

O, trust and believe- if I could figure out how to apply a fake lash I would definitely be working them. I've tried endlessly and spent a mint. I just look crazy. The SAA was plan B. Thank goodness it worked. Now want to double up on my applications so I have fans on my lids! My poor DH says he hates he mentioned it. :drunk:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
ooh i need to order me some of that shoot; my eyelashes are so thin and wispy. i wonder if it would work on eyebrows too? ♥

Salsarisma

Thanks for the post OP. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to add it to my mascara or add it only to the wand. I just got my SAA in the mail and plan to start using it this weekend.

Tiye

I added SAA to my mascara primer and I can't tell if my lashes have got any longer but I'm gonna try and remain consistent. I don't even know how long I have been doing it! I'm gonna add it to my mascara too so I can get a double effect. Oh and you can get a 5% discount on lotioncrafter.com with the code LHCF2010!

I like this lotioncrafter place - good prices and they have small sizes.

And they're informative too. I just found out I shouldn't be throwing out my vanilla bean pods. Doh!

http://www.lotioncrafter.com/vanilla-bean-specks-certified-organic.html
Vanilla Bean Specks - Certified Organic
Vanilla Bean Specks are created from grinding vanilla bean pods after the fragrant vanilla oleoresin has been extracted. The pods are dried, ground and sifted to create a rich brown fiber perfect for use in gentle exfoliant products. Our Vanilla Bean Specks have a pleasant, faint vanilla scent.

Thanks! :)

ChasingBliss

I've been adding SAA to my mascara for years and it really works. :yep:

Wow, just by looking at your lashes in your siggy I can see this works...assuming that that's not an old pic with false lashes.

I need eyebrow help mostly....but thicker eyelashes are always nice. Looking into this.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Started today. My eyelashes were always normal, then I started getting fake lashes and they took my eyelashes out. They grew back in but sparse.

Here's a before picture. I added a drop of SAA to my mascara , I also cleaned a separate wand to dip directly into the SAA.

Attachments

• 20140222_104327.jpg
    20140222_104327.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 116