Neutral Protein Filler vs Silk Amino Acid

Silk Amino Acid or Neutral Protein Filler?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LaidBak

I like being able to add a light protein boost to my usual DC concoction. I've used both Neutral Protein Filler and Silk Amino Acid in the past. I'm trying to decide which one to stick with.
If you've used either or both, which do you think is better? Why?
(trying to post a poll but not sure how)

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm partial to the Protein Filler because even though my hair hated protein as a relaxed head, adding it to my conditioners gave me so much softness.

Haven't used it as a natural, but my hair now loves protein, so I'm sure NPF will still give me great results.

When I used SAA, the results were... meh. :ohwell:

PJaye

I think it depends upon what type of boost you are looking for.

For instance, I will use the Neutral Protein Filler when I want the strengthening properties of hydrolyzed keratin & keratin amino acids, the moisturizing effects of wheat protein and aloe vera along with a nice porosity and pH balancing kicker. Conversely, I will use the SAA when I want greater elasticity and “silkiness,” and as a protective measure before flat ironing.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@LaidBak Hey Girlie! Yes, I've used both. I am now using the NPF to Spritz my Pre-Relaxed Hair before relaxing.

I ended up giving away my SAA's. I do have Joico Silk Results which I was spritzing on previously relaxed hair, before I found NPF in my stash and pulled it out and started using it for this purpose.

Angelicus

I never purchased SAA. I have, however, purchased the Neutral Protein Filler before coloring and have perfect dye application every time. People think my hair is naturally black lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
LaidBak I think I got really great results spritzing the NPF on my previously relaxed hair last relaxer.

Imma try it again when I self-relax over Labor Day weekend.:yep:

There was really no need for me to add it to DC'ers, because I buy Protein DC'ers anyway, so it was just sitting there.:perplexed

But I'm lovin' using it this way.:grin:

LaidBak

@LaidBak I think I got really great results spritzing the NPF on my previously relaxed hair last relaxer.

Imma try it again when I self-relax over Labor Day weekend.:yep:

There was really no need for me to add it to DC'ers, because I buy Protein DC'ers anyway, so it was just sitting there.:perplexed

But I'm lovin' using it this way.:grin:

Its seems like the perfect way to equalize porosity before a relaxer, just like before coloring! I never even thought of that. *jots it down in my hair journal*

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I am still Spritzing Neutral Protein Filler on Previously Relaxed Hair prior to relaxing to help with overlap to strengthen and act like a barrier on that Previously Relaxed Hair.

winona

i mix neutral protein filler in my shampoo mix biweekly. It keeps my hair strong without overload.