SILK ELEMENTS at SALLYS

BrooklynSouth

Today, went to Sallys to buy SE lye relaxer. I had that bad, switching to lye, substitute beautician {trying to heed Shamboosie, somewhat} relaxer burn after my last touch-up, so wanted to check LHCF for suggestions before my next touch-up by my regular beautician. I decided to make my choice based upon member results good and bad. I picked up the Silk ELEMENTS megasilk regular lye, SE 1 ounce moisturizing conditioner 0.99 cents, the SE 33 ounce neutralizer $5.99 plus the ISOPLUS color alarm neutralizer bonus 8 ounce bottles 2 pack for $1.39. The SE relaxer 15 ounces would have been $3.49 with my SALLYs card but was at register $2.99...wow..I will not know how the relaxer works until the end of December but the price was right.

I am puzzled though about conditioning for 10 minutes before neutralizing,how has it worked for you, {instructions read this way}? Would it be alright to neutralize then condition as was usually done?
Thanks

Nita81

I've tried it both ways condish/poo and poo/condish. I get the same results. I use the SE poo and Elucence condish.

Tee

I have tried it both ways and would say do which ever you perfer. Congrats on the lye. I use this one also. I think it was Andre' Walker who said, 'No Lye is a Lie.' (I read his book and Shamboosie around the same time. I know both of them speak against No Lye.) That line has stuck with me.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

gymfreak336

Well, I used a neutralizing conditioner for ten mins before I rinsed and neutralized with poo. I get softer hair this way. I used motions chamomile neutralizing conditioner.