Silk Peptide powder and Marine Collagen

s_terry

Surprisingly, I couldn't find alot of info about these two protiens on the net and what it does for hair. Several ladies have talked about and NewFlowers has been sweet enough to share her tips with me.

The question is, who is using these, how do you use it, and what improvements/advantages have you seen in your hair?

Thanks Ladies!

Yup, your questions are silly and shall remain unanswered. :look:

:lachen: Just kidding!! I'm the resident thread killer here so you will NEVER take my title....

I use Marine Collagen. :yep: I added some in my moisturizer. And I use it in my deep conditioners sometimes. It gives me more strength and elasticty (sp?). My hair really really hates hard proteins so this 'softer' one does a great job at striking the balance.

That's about all I can tell you.. :( I'm sorry I cant be more helpful. I am interested in the Silk Peptide powder myself. I know Brownie uses it (along w/ Silk Powder) and really really loves it. I plan on ordering some next week hopefully.

I did a little searching and found this: http://www.jajagroup.com/HBADivision/silk_protein.shtml

Not a lot of information, but it reads:

Apply silk protein to hair

After silk protein on the hair dries, it becomes a transparent crystalline protective film. This film can directly prevent the hair being damaged by alkaline materials in hair products. This protective film can increase the hair elasticity and increase the hair's natural shine. It has a very special protective function in hair products.

I live!!!!!:lachen: Whewww, I was starting to wonder. Thanks ladies for your input. I do appreciate it! Anyone else had any experience with these products?

You've already got my take on it - but I am bumping this back to the top because there are several other ladies here who use these.

I add the Silk Peptide and Marine Collagen to deep conditioners. Sometimes I add to my leave ins also. Here is some info from www.snowdriftfarms.com:

Marine Collagen
INCI: Hydrolyzed Collagen
This marine hydrolyzed collagen provides moisturizing benefits for both skin and hair. With its polysaccharides, vitamins and essential sea minerals, it aids in the healing and structuring of connective tissue.
For use in shampoos, conditioners, hair treatments, leave-ins, styling products, bodywashes, body lotions, body treatments, cleansers, toners, facial moisturizers, face treatments, makeup foundation, mascara, lipsticks, color cosmetics.

Here is silk peptide info from www.newdirectionsaromatics.com

INCI: Hydrolyzed Silk
Description: Silk Peptide are a highly purified grade of natural silk power, processed in such a way as to retain the original physical structure and chemical composition of silk. This is a 100% natural silk protein, in a fine powder form for ease of use. It also has the unusual quality of holding and releasing moisture depending on the temperature and humidity of the surroundings. This product is easy to use, as it bonds well with essential oils, fragrant oils, colours and base materials used in skin and hair care. It is also stable over a wide range of pH levels again confirming the suitability of Silk Peptide for personal treatment products.
Application: Can be used in a wide variety of products such as shampoo, conditioner, hair treatment, body wash, body lotion, cleanser, toner, makeup foundation, lipstick, mascara, color cosmetics.

Back