Silk Wrap PICS!!

Aviah

Thank you so much for posting this! I asked a question about this maybe a week or so ago, and didn't get many responses but yes it can be done!
Sorry I didn't see that, what did you want to know?

OP your hair looks very nice. one question, those rollers didnt snag your strands? i tried them and i almost shed a tear.

They sound like they're snagging, but like I said, I checked the rollers after, and there were relatively few hairs in there! Have to be gentle as possible!

I just read up on some old threads with Velcro rollers, and found that you have to unroll the rollers the same way they were put in and not try to pull them out like smooth rollers. I'll lose even less hair next time!

Last edited:

Angelicus

Dang. this is my first time seeing you with straight hair. wow! It looks really good and HEALTHY!

ftiffreneee

Great job...very pretty!! I tried this same process last weekend, it was an epic fail. The smooth rollers are very difficult to hold in place. I used the magnetic clips but they still slid out, maybe i should wait until I attain a little more length. Gorgeous hair!

Aviah

Great job...very pretty!! I tried this same process last weekend, it was an epic fail. The smooth rollers are very difficult to hold in place. I used the magnetic clips but they still slid out, maybe i should wait until I attain a little more length. Gorgeous hair!

Not everyone likes velcro rollers, but if you're willing to try them they may work out better. Be careful with them!

I just wanted to know if it could be done on our tight curl and get smooth results, the products used etc.
The pic below shows my naked hair. I think the key is getting the rollers to stretch your hair as much as possible and allowing it to dry fully before removing them. HTH

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 40

ladyfay

I love the hair pics! Did you use sponge rollers to achieve those curls after you did the silk wrap? Also do you roll your hair up at night or wrap? Lastly, how long does this last? I'm natural as well and willing to try this myself, or maybe a salon.

Last edited:

Aviah

I love the hair pics! Did you use sponge rollers to achieve those curls after you did the silk wrap? Also do you roll your hair up at night or wrap? Lastly, how long does this last? I'm natural as well and willing to try this myself, or maybe a salon.

The last pic was put in the wrong place, that was just after I took out the rollers, before the silk wrap part. If I want it straight I'll wrap it. This is my first time doing this but it should last a week for me, because my hair is dry I need to DC it weekly. No water in my hair only lasts so long!

Here's how I get "real" curls-I did about 5 bantu knots on my hair with a little coconut oil on the ends and covered with a satin scarf, here's the result:

Attachments

• curls.jpg
    curls.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Ediese

Thanks for sharing! I wish I could get my hair that straight with just rollers. Yours look fantastic!