As promised...my silk wrap process w/pics.

Spiffy

I do not think 4.5 hours is that bad. That's how long it usually takes in a salon for a hair appointment, or at least for me it does.

coconow2007

Looks great. I had silk wrap down at a salon but have been hesitant to try it on my own - but I did really like the results.

happylife

What type of bands did you use for your pony tail?

What heat setting do you use?

Do you have any cautionary tales about ponytail rollerwraps?

Sorry for all the questions....I really admire your hair!

Vonnieluvs08

Love it!! Beautiful as always!!

I tried the ponytail rollerset with silk wrap and loved it except my hair is uber thick and it didn't dry completely so I still had to use heat. I'm going to try your method when my hair gets longer. Thanks for sharing.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
What type of bands did you use for your pony tail?

What heat setting do you use?

Do you have any cautionary tales about ponytail rollerwraps?

Sorry for all the questions....I really admire your hair!
I use small rubberbands.

Heat setting 1 on the maxiglide.

Not really any cautionary tales except go very light on any product you use before setting becaue it will weigh your hair down and you won't get that light bouncy curl. I used a small amount of hair milk and lottabody to re-wet each section.

Oh and when doing the silk wrap part, only do one layer of saran wrap and make sure the top part is closed. If you do too many layers of saran it dosen't straighten as well.

freecurl

Wow, absolutely beautiful!!! My ponytail rollerset turned out horrible. You've inspired me to try it again.

NYDee

The silk wrap makes me sweat which ends up making my hair frizzy a bit. Defeats the purpose for me.