silky hair without chems

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Is there a way to get silky hair with out chemicals? i just want to reduce the poof/frizz in my hair with out using alot of products. I dont want a speech about being "really" natural and what not. I have a spongy texture that frizzes at the root and coils on the ends and it looks very unflattering on me when i try to wear it out. and since it has weird curl pattens when it dries it makes a shape of a cube!:nono:(does any one have this too?) but i figure if i can get my hair silkier the roots wont poof and my hair wont look like a cube and i can wear my wash n gos easier

*sigh* If my hair was longer i wouldn't be complaining. i would just put it in a bun and be content:cloud9:

JustKiya

I don't know - and I wish I did, as that would make my two strand twists last FOREVER - it's the roots puffing up that knocks me down every time.

If you are cool with using heat, a quick flatiron to the root would do it....

brownsugar25

Is there a way to get silky hair with out chemicals? i just want to reduce the poof/frizz in my hair with out using alot of products. I dont want a speech about being "really" natural and what not. I have a spongy texture that frizzes at the root and coils on the ends and it looks very unflattering on me when i try to wear it out. and since it has weird curl pattens when it dries it makes a shape of a cube!:nono:(does any one have this too?) but i figure if i can get my hair silkier the roots wont poof and my hair wont look like a cube and i can wear my wash n gos easier

*sigh* If my hair was longer i wouldn't be complaining. i would just put it in a bun and be content:cloud9:

you may want to try Indian oils for treatment, they have changed my life. After a while my hair started to lay down.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Thanks for the compliment theprincess098!

I know what you mean nappywomyn i cant even get decent twists because it poofs instantly. fresh twists looks a month old:ohwell:

and can i get specific oils that might help brownsugar25?
my hair dosnt work well will oils though.

Mook's hair

Silky...
You should try stuff with silk amino acids or Silk peptides.
Or you could do like Sareca and just order the pure stuff from lotioncrafter.com

I haven't bought this yet but I will soon.

JustKiya

Silky...
You should try stuff with silk amino acids or Silk peptides.
Or you could do like Sareca and just order the pure stuff from lotioncrafter.com

I haven't bought this yet but I will soon.

Hrrrrmmm - I'm using SAA and honeyquat in my daily mositure mix - I've noticed my hair has been crazy soft, but I haven't noticed any extra silkiness - maybe I'm not using enough....

JustKiya

Thanks for the compliment theprincess098!

I know what you mean nappywomyn i cant even get decent twists because it poofs instantly. fresh twists looks a month old:ohwell:

and can i get specific oils that might help brownsugar25?
my hair dosnt work well will oils though.

Oooh - one trick that I use (this works best if you use something a lil sticky - gel, honey based treatment, something) is to give each 'half' of the twist a little twirls around my finger (like I'm twisting it into a rope) as I do my twists - if I can get it good and tight at the bottom (and have a 'firm' leave-in that will hold it that way) they will be SUPER tight and sharp looking..... until I get them wet. Then, well. :lol: it's right back to the usual....

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Oooh - one trick that I use (this works best if you use something a lil sticky - gel, honey based treatment, something) is to give each 'half' of the twist a little twirls around my finger (like I'm twisting it into a rope) as I do my twists - if I can get it good and tight at the bottom (and have a 'firm' leave-in that will hold it that way) they will be SUPER tight and sharp looking..... until I get them wet. Then, well. :lol: it's right back to the usual....

thanks for the tip. I will do this next time i do twists

Nonie

I don't know - and I wish I did, as that would make my two strand twists last FOREVER - it's the roots puffing up that knocks me down every time.

If you are cool with using heat, a quick flatiron to the root would do it....

JK, have you considered braiding the roots of your twists? I find that helps the twists last a long time w/o getting puffy, even w/ several washes.

Last edited: