Single Ladies: More Prayers For a Godly Husband.

LoveisYou

you dont think God would show us what we are doing wrong? Like he is just going to say "They dont know, so they alright"....No the bible says the Spirit of God will lead us into ALL truths . What we dont know he will manifest it to us...

You said :"That's my point, holiness, righteousness, sanctification etc. is a process, but it's not a perfect one. I don't believe any of us will reach perfection until we leave this Earth"

Yes our process may not be perfect in the sense that we will pass everytime tests, but the outcome of our process will be perfection, if we stay the course. Perfection means to be free from flaw.

If you dont drink no more, you are perfected in that area. If you dont fornicate ,you are perfected in that area. If you dont steal, are perfected in that area. so on and so on.....So just as Christ has freed you from these areas, he will go down the list and perfect them all....

Psalms 138:8The LORD will perfect that which concerns me

I will say this again for the 10th time...all perfection is in to walk and fullfill all the commandments of God....Do you think a Christian can do this???

I never said that at all:nono:, not once did I say God couldn't show us where we are wrong. Why would anyone say that? I think we are beginning to speak circles around each other (which is one of the drawbacks of having a discussion online) so I'll simply step away from the discussion. Nevertheless, it was insightful.

LucieLoo12

A recognition that we are weak without Christ and that we need Him to overcome sin is not the same as willfully choosing to sin. We can recognize our weaknesses and shortcomings and lean on Christ because He has given us a way out of temptation, or we can choose to say woe is me, I can't help myself. Two very different choices!
I also believe that all of us, even Christians bear the consequences of our sins. We may be saved from eternal damnation (if we are truly repentant), but we will reap what we sow.

no one is saying we dont need Christ to obtain perfection. We know we cant do this without Him, because it's done through his spirit....What we are saying is that this vision of perfection can be obtained.

LucieLoo12

That's exactly what I do, have been doing and still.....I am unclear. I'll pray, because Jesus died for the atonement for our sins, not just when we were living in sin but also for when we sin as Chrisitans. I am not in anyway shape or form encouraging willful sins, yet I don't see in the scriptures or otherwise how any man can truly be without sin, there are sins we commit unknowingly! We are commanded to awake to righteous, we are commanded to flee from sin, but I still don't see how those scriptures support the idea of perfection. We can flee from sin, we can seek after righteousness, we can be holy, and still not be perfect. That's my point, holiness, righteousness, sanctification etc. is a process, but it's not a perfect one. I don't believe any of us will reach perfection until we leave this Earth.

I never said that at all:nono:, not once did I say God couldn't show us where we are wrong. Why would anyone say that? I think we are beginning to speak circles around each other (which is one of the drawbacks of having a discussion online) so I'll simply step away from the discussion. Nevertheless, it was insightful.

This why I made the comment. You said what about the sins we are committing unknowingly, and I said God will show us what we need to work on....

LoveisYou

no one is saying we dont need Christ to obtain perfection. We know we cant do this without Him, because it's done through his spirit....What we are saying is that this vision of perfection can be obtained.

I understood what you are saying, by nature I never limit my answers to just responding I always expound. I am not accusing anyone of saying anything, please understand that! I can easily disagree without accusing, I am NOT accusing, I am simply expounding.

auparavant

So I guess everyone is going to heaven....even if they have "spots and blemishes"...

First, I commend you for continually opening up this difficult issue because it shows everyone just how open and transparent we are to be about life and that it can help those who don't have it to ask. Secondly, I'd like to tell you...I forgot...hold up....suffering from CRS..OH...that in catholic tradition, all those unrepented venial sins are going to be cleansed in the state of purgatory. It's a place where the redeemed go to be totally cleansed from all sin. Something as an aside but also something that made me further reflect upon salvation, we know that those who are martyrs go straight to heaven in our tradition. I don't believe it's only christians either. Any man who lays down his life for another is the greatest christian of all. It so greatly touched me in my life, it helped me to partly see some of the depth of G-d's love for all men. G-d always has the best gifts.

John 15:13

New International Version (NIV)

13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

LucieLoo12

you are getting defensive....I am simply pointing out what we agree on..........................

I understood what you are saying, by nature I never limit my answers to just responding I always expound. I am not accusing anyone of saying anything, please understand that! I can easily disagree without accusing, I am NOT accusing, I am simply expounding.

LoveisYou

This why I made the comment. You said what about the sins we are committing unknowingly, and I said God will show us what we need to work on....

Yes but I never said God cannot show us, I may commit a sin unknowingly now and God can reveal it to me later. Saying you commit a sin unknowingly is not the same as saying God will not show us what we need to work on. There are things I did YEARS AGO that God is showing me now. Never did I say God can't show us what we need to work on, that is a complete assumption and an extreme conclusion.

LoveisYou

you are getting defensive....I am simply pointing out what we agree on..........................

I am not getting defensive I am explaining myself because you read a whole lot of untrue assumptions in my posts. It was clear you misunderstood some of what I said, I am simply clearing that up, that's all. Nevertheless, have a good day, as I said before I am done!

LucieLoo12

well maybe if you would have broken it down the way you just did now..I would have understood it...but you didnt. Thats why I took it the way I did..

Thanks for the explanation...:yep:

Yes but I never said God cannot show us, I may commit a sin unknowingly now and God can reveal it to me later. Saying you commit a sin unknowingly is not the same as saying God will not show us what we need to work on. There are things I did YEARS AGO that God is showing me now. Never did I say God can't show us what we need to work on, that is a complete assumption and an extreme conclusion.

loolalooh

loolalooh - Hopefully this will explain how I feel....

I equate being a Christian with not doing sins that you KNOW are wrong and that you COMPLETELY stop any sin that has been brought to your attention as wrong.

For instance, you read in the bible that stealing is wrong. So in order to be a Christian, you do not steal.

Let's say you used to tell lies to people not knowing it was wrong until you read your bible, to be a Christian, you would no longer keep on lying after you read in the bible that bearing false witness is wrong.

Same with any other sin that you KNOW is wrong, you don't do it if you are a true Christian.

Now if it's a sin of ignorance and has been brought to your attention, you refrain from it. Like if you didn't know using profanity was wrong and you read in the bible "avoid filthy communication", you pray for forgiveness and don't use any more profane words.

That's a true Christian.... not one that keeps on doing it after they know it's wrong. Doing the same sin over and over is not struggling, that's giving in to the flesh and enjoying that sin, not walking by the Spirit.

So I am not saying you are automatically sinless when you become a Christian, but that you refrain from sin after you KNOW FOR A FACT is wrong.

Hope that makes sense.

The problem I see is that there are people calling themselves true Christians and are indulging in known sin over and over and saying they can ask for forgiveness, do the sin again, and still be forgiven over and over. That's not right. And it's not even striving for perfection as so many of you say. They say, "Oh, we are sinners saved by grace," but the Lord said not to take advantage of his grace in Romans 6.

Poohbear:

Okay, I think I understand what you are saying. We are more or less in agreeance:yep:; maybe my words haven't been clear.

I'll use myself as an example. Last year, I walked away completely from the sexual sin. That whole time, I knew it was wrong, but yet I kept on doing it. It got to a point where I was like "What am I doing? How can I possibly love God yet do that which He does not like?" He was giving me a "way out of temptation" each time. He would say pray. He would say read the Bible. Etc. But each time, I just "chose" to commit the sin. Then I would feel guilty afterwards. So yea, one day, I just switched. One day, I allowed the "power of sin" to be broken through Christ in me, and since then, I have not committed that sin. I didn't feel like a "true" Christian until that moment.

These days, my walk is more about God revealing things to me that are not so obvious sins (i.e., what I call "unconscious" sins). For example, the sin of worrying. I'll start worrying about this or that, then after a while, I get convicted about it and stop. Then I pray for forgiveness.

These days, my walk is also about God helping me shed ingrained sins that have become part of my subconscious. For example, I found out something last week and my automatic response was to say the curse word equivalent of "crap". I didn't say it out anger; it was just a reflex word like "ouch". So later, I was like "Did I really just say that? I'm supposed to be a child of God." So, in that moment, God brought a subconscious sin to my conscious and showed me that I need to shed that sin of using such words.

That's part of the renewal process. He shows me new sins almost daily. Now, there are times that I get tempted to do willful sins, but each time, His voice enters my mind and says "you have a choice, which master will you serve." Part of the path to perfection is to answer "I choose you, O' Lord".

So yes, I agree with you. There is a problem that "there are people calling themselves true Christians and are indulging in known sin over and over and saying they can ask for forgiveness, do the sin again, and still be forgiven over and over." I agree; it is "not right." I agree; "it's not even striving for perfection."

LucieLoo12

It's not a tradegy that has come forth. Things were explained and questions was asked..yes it did come off topic...but it still stayed on God and the word..It didnt not venture off into foolishness

LucieLoo12

because thanks is not enough! beautiful! :yep:

@Poohbear:

Okay, I think I understand what you are saying. We are more or less in agreeance:yep:; maybe my words haven't been clear.

I'll use myself as an example. Last year, I walked away completely from the sexual sin. That whole time, I knew it was wrong, but yet I kept on doing it. It got to a point where I was like "What am I doing? How can I possibly love God yet do that which He does not like?" He was giving me a "way out of temptation" each time. He would say pray. He would say read the Bible. Etc. But each time, I just "chose" to commit the sin. Then I would feel guilty afterwards. So yea, one day, I just switched. One day, I allowed the "power of sin" to be broken through Christ in me, and since then, I have not committed that sin. I didn't feel like a "true" Christian until that moment.

These days, my walk is more about God revealing things to me that are not so obvious sins (i.e., what I call "unconscious" sins). For example, the sin of worrying. I'll start worrying about this or that, then after a while, I get convicted about it and stop. Then I pray for forgiveness.

These days, my walk is also about God helping me shed ingrained sins that have become part of my subconscious. For example, I found out something last week and my automatic response was to say the curse word equivalent of "crap". I didn't say it out anger; it was just a reflex word like "ouch". So later, I was like "Did I really just say that? I'm supposed to be a child of God." So, in that moment, God brought a subconscious sin to my conscious and showed me that I need to shed that sin of using such words.

That's part of the renewal process. He shows me new sins almost daily. Now, there are times that I get tempted to do willful sins, but each time, His voice enters my mind and says "you have a choice, which master will you serve." Part of the path to perfection is to answer "I choose you, O' Lord".

So yes, I agree with you. There is a problem that "there are people calling themselves true Christians and are indulging in known sin over and over and saying they can ask for forgiveness, do the sin again, and still be forgiven over and over." I agree; it is "not right." I agree; "it's not even striving for perfection."

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Poohbear:

After all these posts from different threads, :lol: I now understand where you are coming from. :grin: Thanks for sharing.

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
My goodness... this thread has just been taken over. OP simply wanted to list prayers for a godly husband and look at what we have done. smh

Anyways, carry on.

Thats what Im saying..I came in here for encouragement and reassurance and the message has been completely overtaken by a debate...I dont understand why someone cant pray for whatever it is THEY want to pray for..You dont have to agree with it and you definitely dont have to like it..Why be so adamant about what someone else wants in their life? How does that affect the next person? Im really disappointed at the way this thread has turned.
And yes, I am praying for my godly husband and will continue to do so until he finds me..

Poohbear

Thats what Im saying..I came in here for encouragement and reassurance and the message has been completely overtaken by a debate...I dont understand why someone cant pray for whatever it is THEY want to pray for..You dont have to agree with it and you definitely dont have to like it..Why be so adamant about what someone else wants in their life? How does that affect the next person? Im really disappointed at the way this thread has turned.
And yes, I am praying for my godly husband and will continue to do so until he finds me..
Who said any of this crap? No one said people cant pray for whatever they want to pray for...no one here is being adamant about what someone else wants in their life... post a prayer for a godly husband if you don't like how the thread turned... geez.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Who said any of this crap? No one said people cant pray for whatever they want to pray for...no one here is being adamant about what someone else wants in their life... post a prayer for a godly husband if you don't like how the thread turned... geez.

^^This attitude:nono:

ETA: And I'm pointing it out with love not judgement. We all have to watch how we say what we say.

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I realize that but I'm not in here claiming to be this holy righteous true Christian either...

I'm confused. What are you doing then? Gathering facts until you're ready to be a Christian--as defined by you, someone who never commits a sin that they know is wrong?

As for the bolded, I don't understand why your posts have to be full of sarcasm all the time either.

Poohbear

I'm confused. What are you doing then? Gathering facts until you're ready to be a Christian--as defined by you, someone who never commits a sin that they know is wrong?

As for the bolded, I don't understand why your posts have to be full of sarcasm all the time either.
LaFemmeNaturelle

Well you were so quick to say I had an attitude all because I said the word "crap". I know that's not the best word to use but I wasn't sure how else to describe what I felt about it at the time.

For the times I have asked questions, the purpose is to see where people are coming from and to better understand why they think and believe the way they do. And to make them really think deep down about why they think and believe the way they do.

And yes, a true Christian does not commit sin that they know is wrong. Since I do commit sin that I know is wrong, I am not a true Christian...:ohwell:

LoveisYou

@LaFemmeNaturelle

Well you were so quick to say I had an attitude all because I said the word "crap". I know that's not the best word to use but I wasn't sure how else to describe what I felt about it at the time.

For the times I have asked questions, the purpose is to see where people are coming from and to better understand why they think and believe the way they do. And to make them really think deep down about why they think and believe the way they do.

And yes, a true Christian does not commit sin that they know is wrong. Since I do commit sin that I know is wrong, I am not a true Christian...:ohwell:

Do you think you've achieved your purpose?

Do you believe most people on the forum haven't thought deeply about their beliefs and why they believe what they believe?

Or do you think they need some sort of guide, someone to challenge them so they can start thinking about their beliefs?

I honestly raised by brows when I read that......I don't believe your intentions are bad at all, I just think that most of us on here are already critical thinkers....I don't think we need the above. That's my honest opinion.

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

LaFemmeNaturelle

Thanks for explaining. I wanted to point out that I did not say you had AN attitude, I said watch out for THIS attitude. I use the word attitude in the true meaning of the word, not the way it is commonly used (as in having AN attitude...we all have attitudes).

PinkPebbles

My goodness... this thread has just been taken over. OP simply wanted to list prayers for a godly husband and look at what we have done. smh

Anyways, carry on.

I agree...this thread has truly been hijacked.

For those who want to talk about sin all day long, create a 'sin thread' and make it a sticky. Hopefully, that will prevent other threads from being hijacked....smh

Poohbear

PinkPebbles

Bumping these lovely prayers for anyone who may have missed it.

There is an attack on marriage, relationships, and singles who desire to be married. And I believe in the power of prayer. God can break every stronghold erected in our lives from the enemy; and destroy every hinderance, stumbliing block, and delay tactics.

Be Blessed.