Sis in-law + relax my 5yr old's hair = Kick a$$

syze6

Sis in-law + relax my 5yr old\'s hair = Kick a$$

What's up ladies!

I went on a vacation to the bahamas and my brother watched my children for three days. I returned on the third day only to find that on the first day of keeping my daughter, my sisister in-law applied a relaxer to my daughters hair.I was out of control
mad.gif
How dare she do that
mad.gif
I kicked her a$$
whip.gif
I had combed my daughter hair in tiny braids before I left. She claimed she couldn;t do any thing with it and they were going to a picnic. B%$$# should have left it alone. Everytime I look at my daughters hair I want to drive out to bolingbrook and kick her A$$ again. My daughter told me that the day she relaxed her hair she dropped her daughter off at school; and headed straight to the beauty supply store. She was not on the way to a picnic
mad.gif
I cursed my brother out and he said he didn't know. He though she had hot combed her hair as I usually do. Should I let it grow out. My brother says I went too far with the physical. Ladies who out there feels me.

Re: Sis in-law + relax my 5yr old\'s hair = Kick a$$

I would've done the same thing. She crossed the line BIG TIME
shocked.gif

She crossed the line, but I can not advocate violence. Kickin' her a$$ will not undo what has already been done (although, I am sure it made you feel a lot better!
grin.gif

All you can do now is make sure you monitor your daughter's hair and take extra special care of it. I would definately grow it out. She is too young to have a relaxer in her hair (What was you sis in-law thinking?
confused.gif
)

OMG! I can't believe she did that. Are you sure she didn't do that on purpose to make you mad? That is a universal no-no; a decision only to be made by a parent. I don't think you went to far. I would let it grow out because she's still to young to keep up a relaxer. I'm so sorry you and your baby had to go through that.
kiss.gif

DAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

I dont believe in violence to settle the problem...but on this occasion I think I would have left my principles at the door! Just kidding.

She would have known I was upset though.

WHY would she take it upon herself to do something so drastic? She doesnt know your childs medical conditions...what if the child had an sever allergic reaction to the chemicals?!?!!? What if it would have gotten in her eyes?!?!?!?!? What if she chemically burned her?!!!?!??!

She would definitely be sleeping with one eye open...

I think she should apologize publicly and explain to the child she made a huge mistake by doing that to her hair.

You dont even want to give someone elses kid MEDICINE...let alone a relaxer!

I don't blame you one bit!!!! She was TOTALLY out of line!! I'd transition your daughter back to natural. Also, be sure the Sister in law AND your brother pay money to keep your daughter's hair up! They owe you AT LEAST THAT much!!

I feel you girl! I would have been HOTTT!!!
mad.gif
How dare she put a relaxer in your baby's hair??? A relaxer can be very damaging to a small child's hair. It is not up to her to make the decision to relax your daughter's hair. That's a decision for you to make. I would have kicked her *** too. She crossed the line!
mad.gif

Wow! You physically went to blows?!

Anyhoo- I can totally understand how you feel. Let the baby's hair grow out. I would not cut it. Like everyone else has said, just monitor it and take extra care of it.

Man! I'm so sorry...
frown.gif

Re: Sis in-law + relax my 5yr old\'s hair = Kick a$

Heck no and sometimes it's the only way and if not then it's mos def the theraputic way!

syze6,
Good Brooke says: Yes girl you went too far.
<font color="red">Better Brooke says: Driving all the way out to Boilingbrook, you should've had her drive to your house kicked that a$$ then let her take an ambulance home.</font>
Good Brooke says: Violence is not the answer
<font color="red">Better Brooke says: A proper ass whuppin' is the answer to ev'ry problem.</font>
Good Brooke says: I too cannot condone this violence
<font color="red"> Better Brooke says: But I will help you if you feel the urge to do it again</font>

Both Brooke's say let the relaxer grow out and just take very tender care of it and her.

Your SIL couldn't find someone to braid your daughters hair till you got back?? She's way out of place!! I think some people are so casual when it comes to relaxers, they automatically think its okay to slap one in baby's head. Well, as young as your daughter is, it shouldn't take long for it to grow out.

That is unbelievable. What if your daughter had scalp allergies on eczema? I kept my god daughter last year for an entire week. Her mom put her in braids also. She went swimming daily at summer camp. By the end of the week her hair was a sight. I washed her hair with Keracare and Elucence products and called it a day.

Good Luck with her hair in the future. And try not to do any harm to your sister-in-law.

Wow - that's deep. Not cool at all.
naughty.gif
Your brother AND SIL need to understand this was crossing the line.
whip.gif
I can't believe your brother didn't know what your SIL did. Maybe I'm naive, but I know my husband and I communicate in major things like this (yes this is major). Even though when it comes to hair stuff I would have the last word. My brother and SIL are the same way. They communicate on all levels in terms of the kids.

Even with my step daughter - I totally respect what her mother decides with her hair and I follow the guidelines SET BY my step daughter's mother. Period the end, no question.

You may have gone a little too far with the physical thing. LOL - if it was me - SIL would be banned form my presence going forward (or at least for a VERY LONG TIME).

I agree they should pay for the maintaining of your daughter's hair until it is completely natural again.

I'm really sorry to hear about this.

That's outrageous. It's not the hair thing, it's the principal. You don't make a binding decision about someone's child without their consent.

Personally, I'd have whipped up on my brother for not having my back. When he and Miss "I couldn't do anything with her hair" are divorced becasue she clearly doesn't think about anybody but herself he'd best be apologizing.

i cannot believe that someone would do this
shocked.gif
i would EXPLODE if someone did something to my son's hair without my okay ESPECIALLY a chemical process
nono.gif
i still remember the first chemical that was put in my hair, and although i have a relaxer today, the whole experience when i was a child was very traumatizing for me. I wish i could kick her butt for you
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
luvSLave said:
Personally, I'd have whipped up on my brother too for not having my back.

[/ QUOTE ] It's not too late .

What is wrong with
swearing.gif
people! I met a young lady in a braid salon several months ago, and a family member put a vigoral in her 3 year olds hair!!! Why the hell do people think they can do what ever they want with other peoples children!! Especially hair.
nono.gif
Such a shame.. I'm sorry this happen to your baby!

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
syze6,
<font color="red">Better Brooke says: Driving all the way out to Broilingbrook, you should've had her drive to your house kicked that a$$ then let her take an ambulance home.</font>
<font color="red">Better Brooke says: A proper ass whuppin' is the answer to ev'ry problem.</font>
<font color="red"> Better Brooke says: But I will help you if you feel the urge to do it again</font>

Both Brooke's say let the relaxer grow out and just take very tender care of it and her.

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

You aint right!!!

WWPD

What would Pookey do?

<font color="red"> Hey Sis... </font> <font color="black"> (Make sure I come in real nice and quiet like nothing is wrong) </font> <font color="red"> I noticed my daughters hair is straightened. If I remember correctly, I put it in braids before I left. That style needed no maintenance so I am confused about why it was taken down? </font>
<font color="black"> Of course she would have no answer to that </font>
<font color="red"> Let me stop you before you start lying. You put a chemical on my childs head without any regard for her saftey or well being. You dont know if she is allergic to CARROTS let alone a relaxer. For you to take it upon yourself and do something like that without discussing it with me first takes a lot of cahoonas. I dont want you to mistake my calm tone in what I am about to say as a sign that I am not upset... If you EVER....EVER...touch my childs hair again without my permission, so help me, I will do everything in my power to make your life uncomfortable. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!?!?!?</font>

She would be looking at me like:
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
[ QUOTE ]
luvSLave said:
Personally, I'd have whipped up on my brother too for not having my back.

[/ QUOTE ] It's not too late .

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

i dont blame you one darn bit!!!

i have a 4 yr old daughter and i dont let ANYONE TOUCH HER HAIR!!! unless i take her to the salon to get it washed and rollerset for a special occassion.

last summer my kids stayed with my mother for a month for the first 2 weeks my daughters hair was braided and i knew she would have to take it out and do ponies.but i left her strict instructions on washing and conditioning.

i have a 4 yr old son and he has his own personal barber that he sees every 2 wks since he was 1. my mother begged me could SHE cut his hair! HEYAL NO! i told her bush it ,put a doorag on it ,buy a hat by by no means is she to play barber shop in his head!

i dont play that shiznat!!

my mother in law wants to play in my daughters hair so bad...i told her to buy a doll!

i have a question did you really hit her?

LMAO, i dont blame you one damn bit

Did you slap her or did you just do a physical blow out?If you didn't slap her you need to go back and slap her silly until the nonsense has been debuke out of her a*ss.

Okay sorry about that...don't mean to condone violence but she went there. I agree with everyone, let the relaxer grow out and take good care of your daugther's hair. Next time you leave her with family just put her in braids. I don't like braids for kids but if people are going to act this way might as well find a way to block the hair from their hands.

Wow. You hit her??? Did your daughter see that???

I can not believe she would be so presumptuous. Let it grow out. How long is her hair?

I wouldn't have hit her where it hurt her physically. I hit where it hurts worse - financially. I would have been in court so fast. I would have made up some tort that she inflicted.

And you had her hair in tiny braids. Doesn't that scream - YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMB ME????

quote:
i dont play that shiznat!!
my mother in law wants to play in my daughters hair so bad...i told her to buy a doll!

[/ QUOTE ]
lachen70.gif

girl, i ain't even mad at you! my ex's sister relaxed my daughters hair w/o my permission when she was young also. i felt so helpless (and very small compared to that big girl!!). i wish i had the nerve to step up like you did! i'm with better brooke on this one...A proper ass whuppin' is the answer to ev'ry problem.
spank.gif

-aregee

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
And you had her hair in tiny braids. Doesn't that scream - YOU DON'T HAVE TO COMB ME????

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know!??!?!?!

I don't just understand people today - ***** girl should not have touched that child's head.

[ QUOTE ]
pookeylou said:
What would Pookey do?

<font color="red"> Hey Sis... </font> <font color="black"> (Make sure I come in real nice and quiet like nothing is wrong) </font> <font color="red"> I noticed my daughters hair is straightened. If I remember correctly, I put it in braids before I left. That style needed no maintenance so I am confused about why it was taken down? </font>
<font color="black"> Of course she would have no answer to that </font>
<font color="red"> Let me stop you before you start lying. You put a chemical on my childs head without any regard for her saftey or well being. You dont know if she is allergic to CARROTS let alone a relaxer. For you to take it upon yourself and do something like that without discussing it with me first takes a lot of cahoonas. I dont want you to mistake my calm tone in what I am about to say as a sign that I am not upset... If you EVER....EVER...touch my childs hair again without my permission, so help me, I will do everything in my power to make your life uncomfortable. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!!?!?!?</font>
She would be looking at me like:
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Pookey but her lookin' all
shocked.gif
baffled and bewildered will be just the provocation I'd need. I'm so mad I need to go cool off, I'mma go look for some natural products to help ease the baby's transisition, I will PM you syze6
kiss.gif
kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
syze6,
<font color="red">Better Brooke says: Driving all the way out to Boilingbrook, you should've had her drive to your house kicked that a$$ then let her take an ambulance home.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif

[ QUOTE ]
chanou said:
Did you slap her or did you just do a physical blow out?If you didn't slap her you need to go back and slap her silly until the nonsense has been debuke from her a*ss.

Okay sorry about that...don't mean to condone violence but she went there. I agree with everyone, let the relaxer grow out and take good care of your daugther's hair. Next time you leave her with family just put her in braids. I don't like braids for kids but if people are going to act this way might as well find a way to block the hair from their hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
I luv it!!

I DONT BELIVE U WERE OUT OF LINE
mad.gif
, AM angry just reading the post,soo much that I just cant Image, but I WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THINGS, PHYSICAL YES, beat her
spank.gif
, y is something that someone should not do to someone eles child, What She could not call u, She did not know how to use a phone Or wait till u landed, I think she wanted to do it, There is no way she did not realize that she was crossing the line
naughty.gif
, r u mother, She need to know her place and step back
swearing.gif
, It not just about hair, it about ur child, its about how fast she ran and got the relaxer, its the FACT THAT SHE LIED TO UR FACE , No respect NOne, kick
whip.gif
, SIL , I take this really personal, because I was made to get a perm, and also this makes me feel as if someone just crossed the line, personal space and respect. Let her know her place but dont break the family up. Make her pay to deal with ur childs hair as it grows out, if its visit to the Salon or whatever I would make her pay for it all thinks she slick
naughty.gif
sorry for going off
ohwell.gif

you should have kicked her ***. someone put a relaxer in my cousins head at 5 she is 30 and still can grow no hair. her scalp was damanged

Back