Sixteen Going on natural Part 2

Sylvia

OMGosh I am so confused. I started my natural journey about 3 months ago.I have about an inch of new growth, but I didnt cut off my relaxed shoulder lenght hair yet. My stylist says that my relaxed hair is not as damaged as we thought it was before, so now I am having second thoughts. I love my hair straight! My hair is so soft and long, but I am sick of paying 75 bucks every two months to get my hair relaxed. I love the idea of being relaxer free and going nautral, but I wouldnt like to have my hair curly every single day. I would want it straight all the time, but I work out alot so it would revert like everyday. sorry this is so long...but which would be better for me...stay relaxed, or go natural?

gabrielle2

which is better is up to you. look at the pros and cons of each (relaxed & natural) and then make the best decision for u.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
[ QUOTE ]
Sylvia said:
OMGosh I am so confused. I started my natural journey about 3 months ago.I have about an inch of new growth, but I didnt cut off my relaxed shoulder lenght hair yet. My stylist says that my relaxed hair is not as damaged as we thought it was before, so now I am having second thoughts. I love my hair straight! My hair is so soft and long, but I am sick of paying 75 bucks every two months to get my hair relaxed. I love the idea of being relaxer free and going nautral, but I wouldnt like to have my hair curly every single day. I would want it straight all the time, but I work out alot so it would revert like everyday. sorry this is so long...but which would be better for me...stay relaxed, or go natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. Have you tried stretching out your relaxers? I know you said that you like the straight look and get them done every 2 months...but how about a semi-straight look? I am stretching out my relaxers longer seeing what it is like to deal with my natural texture. Perhaps that will help your with your decision. Conditioner washes are a huge help in stretching them out.

I'm glad that your hair isn't as damaged as you once thought.

patience

Only you can decide what's best for YOU and your hair. YOU are the one who will have to deal with your hair. If you like your hair straight 100% of the time, then going natural may not be for you. However, only you can make that decision. As was stated, weigh the pros and cons of each and make a decision that's right for you.

Ayeshia

It sounds like relaxers are in your best interest if you like to wear your hair st8 100% of the time. I would rather staighten my relaxed hair with minimal heat , than to have natural hair and trying to staighten it will high amounts of heat to only damage the curl pattern in the long run