SL 2015

KaramelKutie803

Shared this in the TWA thread and just wanted to share it here as well. Tried something new with my hair when I went out last night. Did a wash and go and pinned it up into a somewhat frohawk. My first time attempting it but I kind of liked it. Got a lot of compliments on it so I'm pleased. I did however had a hard time pinning the sides with bobby pins, they were very loose. Anybody else do frohawks and have a better way of holding up the sides or tips for using bobby pins to do it?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141123_193216.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141123_193216.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 57

faithVA

Shared this in the TWA thread and just wanted to share it here as well. Tried something new with my hair when I went out last night. Did a wash and go and pinned it up into a somewhat frohawk. My first time attempting it but I kind of liked it. Got a lot of compliments on it so I'm pleased. I did however had a hard time pinning the sides with bobby pins, they were very loose. Anybody else do frohawks and have a better way of holding up the sides or tips for using bobby pins to do it?

Really cute. It's great to have a good hair day.

faithVA

Oiled my scalp with the safflower oil with eo blend and baggied on my way to work. I think this is a good addition to my regimen for the upcoming months.

Sholapie

What length are you now?
just coming out of twa stage having BC'd to a fade in Jan

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning?
Natural

What's your plan to reach SL?
Low manipulation low stress styles, gentle detangling and regular moisture.

What's your regimen?
Hopefully...Dc once a week, cowash and finger detangle twice a week, wash and go to style and I hope to throw some Bantu knot outs in the mix

Anything else you want to share?
I think i'll call shoulder length when my sides touch my shoulders, the back is almost there thanks to my mullet style and the front will reach there in 2034 :lol:
Happy growing everyone!

Post your starting pic:
I'll post a pic of my stretched hair Dec 30th :)

Last edited:

Wenbev

Oiled my scalp with the safflower oil with eo blend and baggied on my way to work. I think this is a good addition to my regimen for the upcoming months.

Ms Faith you'll have to let me know how that safflower oil goes.

faithVA

Ms Faith you'll have to let me know how that safflower oil goes.

I will. We will all know by my length check in December. That's enough time to see some type of change.

Honestly I've not seen any results from any growth aid including jbco. My hair just doesn't seem to be impressed. Lol

lovely_locks

Right now I am working hard on keeping my hair and scalp moisturized in this New England weather. This is the time of year my hair goes crazy. it's dry and breaks and just doesn't like the cold, dry air lol

HappilyLiberal

What length are you now?

TWA... I have maybe an inch in some places... less than that everywhere else!

Natural

Moisturize every day and cover my hair at night.

What's your regimen?

LOC faithfully. When I get about three inches of hair I will also put my hair in twists once a week.

Pray for me because I am doing an all-around challenge to lose weight, grow hair, and get some articles out so I can transition back to academia.

I will get a picture posted by January 1st.

Love2Live

Right now I am working hard on keeping my hair and scalp moisturized in this New England weather. This is the time of year my hair goes crazy. it's dry and breaks and just doesn't like the cold, dry air lol

I know the feeling! I am in New England as well and I never saw my hair suffer as much breakage as it did last summer. What are you using to moisturize?

lovely_locks

I know the feeling! I am in New England as well and I never saw my hair suffer as much breakage as it did last summer. What are you using to moisturize?

I am trying to use up what I have before I get anything new. I am using shea moisture oil right now. What are you using?

Sholapie

I need to measure how many inches I need so I have some kind of idea of how long it'll take, SL feels so far away.
On the bright side, I will not have to worry about my hair rubbing my shoulders/clothes for a long time :D

faithVA

I put in two strand twists last night. I did an oil rinse, used kknt and then twisted. I'm going to try wetting my hair each night to see if my hair/twist can handle being rinsed.

I can tell my twist are slightly longer than the last time I did them. They are wearable but just slightly. Since I didn't seal, they are drying out and they shrink up and stick out as they shrink :look:

If I can rinse in twist then in early spring I may switch over to 2 strand twists vs. the flat twists. But for now I will be returning to flat twist on Wednesday, my next wash day.

faithVA

[USER=253834 said:
lovely_locks[/USER];20846227]My scalp has been extra dry. It seems my oil is great for my hair but it my scalp. Any suggestions?

How often are you washing your hair or wetting your scalp?

The oil will help seal in moisture but if your scalp isn't getting enough moisture then it won't help much. You can try spritzing your scalp more often. You can also trying baggying or gheing :look:

faithVA

Haven't worn a twist out in a while. My front is coming along nicely. It is starting to hang just a bit and look fuller. I still have a long way to go with the back. Hopefully the next 4 months will give me a fuller twist out in the back.

lovely_locks

How often are you washing your hair or wetting your scalp? The oil will help seal in moisture but if your scalp isn't getting enough moisture then it won't help much. You can try spritzing your scalp more often. You can also trying baggying or gheing :look:

It depends. I wash my hair about twice a week on average. I am scared if bagging. I don't want my hair smell. I swear when I sleep. I'll try sprit zing.

faithVA

[USER=253834 said:
lovely_locks[/USER];20849987].

It depends. I wash my hair about twice a week on average. I am scared if bagging. I don't want my hair smell. I swear when I sleep. I'll try sprit zing.

Are you washing with anything that could be drying or has drying ingredients?

Whimsy

OK I'm joining! faithVA

What length are you now?

Chin Length / Neck Length now. My hair is all different lengths lol

Transitioning back to natural. (Last perm was in May)

Just stick to my usual regimen. It works for me, it got me to hip length, it'll get me back there again....till I cut it again....and do this all over...lmao.

What's your regimen?

daily moisture, weekly shampoos, cowashing mainly, no heat, wear curly, or up.

Until this morning I didn't really care about growing my hair out...now I feel like I really wanna. #hairADD

Post your starting pic:

I don't have a current one .... this is the most recent - http://www.okdani.com/natural-hair-regimen

faithVA

OK I'm joining! faithVA

What length are you now?

Chin Length / Neck Length now. My hair is all different lengths lol

Transitioning back to natural. (Last perm was in May)

Just stick to my usual regimen. It works for me, it got me to hip length, it'll get me back there again....till I cut it again....and do this all over...lmao.

What's your regimen?

daily moisture, weekly shampoos, cowashing mainly, no heat, wear curly, or up.

Until this morning I didn't really care about growing my hair out...now I feel like I really wanna. #hairADD

Post your starting pic:

I don't have a current one .... this is the most recent - http://www.okdani.com/natural-hair-regimen

Welcome Whimsy. Glad to have you.

faithVA

Tried a flat twist/curly updo for the Christmas party. I so rarely wear my hair out my coworkers were surprised I had any hair :lol: They will probably be disappointed to see it back in twist on Monday :lol:

I ended up doing it in a rush last night but it came out pretty good.

CurlsTop.jpg

BackTwist.jpg

SideTwist.jpg

lovely_locks

Tried a flat twist/curly updo for the Christmas party. I so rarely wear my hair out my coworkers were surprised I had any hair :lol: They will probably be disappointed to see it back in twist on Monday :lol: I ended up doing it in a rush last night but it came out pretty good.

Your hair is so thick and beautiful! That's a rush job!? It looks really nice.