2024 - SL/APL Challenge/Support Thread

faithVA

Took my two strands out Saturday and just wore my hair loose for 2 days because I didn't feel like doing my hair. She held up well but I no better than to push a good thing. Tonight, I shampooed, conditioned, applied leave-in and styling foam. I will wear flat twist for the next two weeks. I'm still deciding if I'm going to do two weeks in each style.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I took my mini braids out after four weeks. My hair did very well in them, but the take down was a lot. My hair is currently blow dried straight and in a ponytail. For length retention, I know I won’t be able to maintain this ponytail. I’m undecided if I want to install mini braids again.

faithVA

I wanted to shampoo and restyle this morning but I was in a big hurry. So with my flat twists still in, I rinsed my hair in the shower. Then I took down each one, detangled, put in some foam and retwisted. Since it got water this week, I will be holding onto these until next weekend. I never thought to do this before but I may add this to my regime so I can wear flat twist for 2 weeks.

I'm also trying to use up some products. In the past I've participated in the Use Up Your Stash challenge. I don't have a lot to use up, so I will just post about it in here. I'm working on using up this foam. I need to declutter some this month and I will just throw some things away.

I think for now I will do 4 weeks of flat twists followed by 2 weeks of two strands until my 2 strands are longer and I can pull them up/back. Also doing flat twists for 4 weeks will help me see some visual growth when I do put in 2 strands and it will be more rewarding :yep:

faithVA

Finally got around to cleansing my hair. Nothing special, just back up in flat twist. Will rotate to two strands near the end of the month..

I did some pull test on wet hair and I can see some progress. I need it long enough by the end of Spring to put it in a puff. Looks like I am making progress toward it.

faithVA

I didn't realize it had been this long since I last did my hair. And I didn't feel like doing it today. With my flat twist in, I put my hair under the shower head. Then I took out one twist at a time, removed the shed hair and then retwisted it. This is going to be a 2024 staple. It gives my hair and scalp water, is fast, easy and I can do it more often.

I may do this every 3 to 4 days and then cleanse, condition and style every 2 to 3 weeks.

faithVA

I didn't wait as long this time. I tried out a new shampoo and conditioner. Both are OK and better than others I have tried. I will probably use the shampoo as a body wash and use the conditioner. I keep forgetting I want a fragrance-free shampoo so I need to hunt for that. I really didn't feel like doing my hair so I used foam and put the back in a banana clip bun and flat twisted the front. I'm trying to use up this foam. I think I will use it one more time and then toss the rest.

The banana clip bun with the flat twist in the front is fast but I'm always concerned about sleeping in it. But it does give me another style option. I think by the end of the summer, I won't need to do the flat twist in the front and I may be able to put all of my hair into a bun.

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I washed and blew out my hair. I finished putting in some mini twists this morning, missed church and the whole nine. :drunk:. They came out amazing though. I'm getting good at this DIY thing! I'm hoping to keep them in for at least a month. The bald spot at my nape is still giving me trouble. I'm going to baby it for the next 6 months. If it doesn't improve by September, I will go see a dermatologist or something.

faithVA

I don't know where the time goes. I would swear I just shampooed my hair a week ago. Maybe I rinsed and reset mid week? :perplexed:

Anyway, I did the whole routine tonight because I'm going into the office tomorrow. I decided to style in 2 stages this time. After air drying a bit, I used the K18 as a leave-in, waited 4 minutes and then used the TGIN leave-in. I was too lazy to add water. Maybe next time. Then I took each of the 4 sections and put in 3 to 4 twist per section. Tomorrow morning I will take out the twist and put in flat twist. My hair and my ends should be smoother this way.

I decided next month for check-in, I will blow dry and straighten my hair for my length check. I think I just want to wear my hair straight a few times a year, so every 4 months is a good schedule.

faithVA

I guess I'm on a 10 day run. Maybe it will be better when its warmer.

Kept it simple: shampoo, condition, leave in, foam and 2 flat twist.

Next time I plan to hang around the house for a weekend I plan to try a one product wash and go.

CoiledOrchids

washed my hair yesterday. I used my SM jbco shampoo and some aussie moist conditioner.
the process was quick and easy. I am still using my castor oil & sulfur 8 braid spray at night.

faithVA

I finally got to my hair today. I started with a bond repair and left that in a while. Then I shampooed. I didnt condition because I used the K18. I was going to deep condition afterwards but I got busy. My hair is in 4 bantu knots.

Tomorrow I will wet my hair and apply the deep conditioner and put it in a puff. I'm busy tomorrow to so I will rinse on Monday and style.

Getting my hair into 4 bantus is a nice accomplishment. I'm appreciating this progress.

MzSwift

I finally got to my hair today. I started with a bond repair and left that in a while. Then I shampooed. I didnt condition because I used the K18. I was going to deep condition afterwards but I got busy. My hair is in 4 bantu knots.

Tomorrow I will wet my hair and apply the deep conditioner and put it in a puff. I'm busy tomorrow to so I will rinse on Monday and style.

Getting my hair into 4 bantus is a nice accomplishment. I'm appreciating this progress.

I remember back in the day, ladies used to have good results DCing on dry hair.