sleek rollerset relaxed hair

TexturedTresses

Hey, I've been doing rollersets for a while and I love them. Lately, I havn't been getting that sleek flatiron look I really want. I'm looking for products that will help me get a really sleek salon roller set. I'm also looking for products that will moisturize while still keeping that sleek look and tame flyaways. I've been looking at different smoothing conditioners and such so I can find something that works. Thanks in advance for your help!

janeemat

Lottabody setting lotion (mostly water), lacio lacio and Mizani Thermastrength Heat-Protecting Serum gives me that salon silky rollerset.

lovebug10

Paul Mitchell Leave in Conditioner + Paul Mitchell SUper Skinny Serum + a spray bottle of plain old water. Put the Leave in throughout your hair when its all wet and then as you roll spray the hair with water to make sure its wet & clings to the roller. Add the supper skinny serum as you go through each section and before you pass the comb. It gives SO MUCH slip! Good luck!

danysedai

I stopped using setting lotion.
I DC faithfully, ensuring that my hair is moisturized.
I use Kerastase Ciment Thermique or Nutri Thermique for heat protection
AG Fast Food, Silicon Mix leave in for leave in conditioners
Kerastase Oil, Shu Uemura oil or any of the other oil serums I have.
All this in not too many quantities.
AND LET THE ROLLERSET DRY! Don't skimp on the time, everytime I go under for 1 hour my hair feels and looks dry but it isn't. I need to add more time to my set now that my hair is longer.

TexturedTresses

AND LET THE ROLLERSET DRY! Don't skimp on the time, everytime I go under for 1 hour my hair feels and looks dry but it isn't. I need to add more time to my set now that my hair is longer.
I think this might be my problem, my hair is long and i am impatient. After I get antsy, I leave the dryer and think this may be why my sets are not as sleek as they used to be.

janeemat

I just purchased these two leave ins. I plan to try them on my next rollerset.

Your Cheeziness

It's not so much your product, it's the technique. If you put enough tension and make sure your hair is wet so that it sticks to the roller, you'll get a smooth set. If your hair isn't smooth on the roller, it won't dry that way.

Doing a wrap right after adds to giving it a sleeker look and tons of body. The best rollersets I get is simply with a leave in and serum.

DominicanBrazilian82

danysedai said:

I so agree about the dry part. Your hair should be lifted from the roller when it is dry. Or it should move back and forth when you push the hair back and forth on the roller. If even one strand sticks, your hair is not dry.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

DominicanBrazilian82

Your Cheeziness said:
It's not so much your product, it's the technique. If you put enough tension and make sure your hair is wet so that it sticks to the roller, you'll get a smooth set. If your hair isn't smooth on the roller, it won't dry that way.

Doing a wrap right after adds to giving it a sleeker look and tons of body. The best rollersets I get is simply with a leave in and serum.

Technique and appliance makes for a good Rollerset. I have very shiny relaxed hair. When my hair is suffering from moisture depravation or damage, it is dry and brittle looking. Tabletop hair dryers give my hair that dry look. Salon quality hair dryers (Pibbs style dryers) are what gives my hair a sleek and finished Rollerset.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF