I need an URGENT reply!!!!

Nanyanika

Within the next hour i will be rollerstting my sister's hair for the first time ever, she wants her hair to look nice for her bithday torrmorrow, ladies i need some advice on how to rollerset lol
i want it to turn out fantastic, I will be using L'anza straight shampoo and conditioner, to help tame the hair so its easy to straighten, can i use Arosci leave in for rollerset, then silk therapy serum is this okay? should i keep products to a minimuum so that i could a achieve a sleek look with body, someone please reply.

Huggette

make sure to keep the sections somewhat small and not to thick, wet, and apply proper tension--you what tight. not pulling but tight. and don't forget to smooth out each section w/a comb. i like to use end papers to achieve smooth ends. it also helps protect the ends from heat damage.

KinksnCurlz

Arosci

Silk therapy - if it's made for wet hair then i say
if not, then pass on it. Be VERY lite with the serum, b/c of the thickness. It can make her hair feel 'heavy' which is
when done.

Do you have Elasta QP Oil Recovery (leave-in), if u do, use a little of this, this product is excellent

If not, the arosci alone is fine. Oh and if you have end papers

Oh and check out Lindy's album, she has a pic of her rollerset which i just made a copy of
and will b keeping for future reference

Once hair is sectioned (for a roller), comb the hair straight up and in the opposite direction of the roller. (ie. pretend u r putting a roller in the back of her head, you are rolling her hair under, you will need to comb her hair towards the front of here face and put the roller in it while it is still in that direction. That way, when you roll the entire roller up, it will be tight
)

ETA:

Once the hair is dry, remove the rollers and wrap it in a doobie (hair around the head), put her back underneath the dryer for about 15 mins. Viola... body and shine

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I'm not familiar with the Arosci and silk therapy serum, but I can say that you want to minimize product usage in roller sets. I usually use a leave in spray conditioner while setting all by itself. This prevents heavy hair after it has dried and allows room for bounce. If you are using a number of products at one time, use all of them sparingly.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Huggette said:
make sure to keep the sections somewhat small and not to thick, wet, and apply proper tension--you what tight. not pulling but tight. and don't forget to smooth out each section w/a comb. i like to use end papers to achieve smooth ends. it also helps protect the ends from heat damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice, but i haven't got any ends paper, plus if i did i wouldn't know how to use it, could i use greaseproof paper, you know the one you bake with?

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
Browndilocks said:
I'm not familiar with the Arosci and silk therapy serum, but I can say that you want to minimize product usage in roller sets. I usually use a leave in spray conditioner while setting all by itself. This prevents heavy hair after it has dried and allows room for bounce. If you are using a number of products at one time, use all of them sparingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great....now i know that i'm on the right lines.

Nanyanika

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Arosci

Silk therapy - if it's made for wet hair then i say
if not, then pass on it. Be VERY lite with the serum, b/c of the thickness. It can make her hair feel 'heavy' which is
when done.

Do you have Elasta QP Oil Recovery (leave-in), if u do, use a little of this, this product is excellent

If not, the arosci alone is fine. Oh and if you have end papers

Oh and check out Lindy's album, she has a pic of her rollerset which i just made a copy of
and will b keeping for future reference

Once hair is sectioned (for a roller), comb the hair straight up and in the opposite direction of the roller. (ie. pretend u r putting a roller in the back of her head, you are rolling her hair under, you will need to comb her hair towards the front of here face and put the roller in it while it is still in that direction. That way, when you roll the entire roller up, it will be tight
)

ETA:

Once the hair is dry, remove the rollers and wrap it in a doobie (hair around the head), put her back underneath the dryer for about 15 mins. Viola... body and shine

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep..all those products..listed!!! are made for wet/dry styling.unfortunately i have no Elasta recovery oil..so i'll stick with arosci, thanks for your great advice.. i'm gonna take a look at lindy's album.

SoniT

I agree with what everyone else said. Make sure you use minimal products so the hair won't feel so heavy. You don't HAVE to use endpapers (sometimes I don't) but end papers are good at keeping the ends smooth. If you don't use end papers, make sure you smooth out the ends really well before rolling. Good luck! I'm sure you're sister's hair will turn out beeeaautiful!