slim fast for hair growth?

PinkLily

I've noticed that when I drink slim fast for breakfast every day, my hair seems to grow faster and it seems a little stronger. I stopped buying it for a few months b/c it was getting expensive, but I think I noticed a difference in my hair. I mainly drink it b/c I'd rather sleep another 20 min than get up to make breakfast, but it is really healthy and has lots of vitamins, including biotin. Has anyone else noticed this?

Falon

Maybe the slim fast is providing nutrients you don't normally get when you have other things for breakfast. Do you usually skip breakfast? Or eat something with empty calories?

PinkLily

well, i started drinking it in college so that I wouldn't skip breakfast, so that could be it. If I don't buy slim fast I'll usually make instant oatmeal at work or buy something. I was just looking at the vitamin list on the can one day and noticed biotin. Hmm...

Falon

Then maybe that is it. I know oatmeal is healthy but a serving of it wouldn't have as many vitamins as a can of slimfast. I remember it being heavily fortified with vitamins. I might go back to drinking it for breakfast instead of my usual carb filled croissant. I will let you know if it does anything for my hair.

Eiano

It could be the protein.. I'm eating more fish, and am noticing that my hair is shinier and thicker.

Ayeshia

I love slim fast it tastes so good esp the vanilla. I used to sneak it when my mom left home for work when i was little :sekret: :lick: Its LOADED with vitamins and minerals :) My mom calls it Sh*t Fast because it gave her the runs. I wonder how it would taste with Soy Milk?

Last edited:

PinkLily

LOL at "S*** FAST" :lachen: That's a trip. Yeah, I think the soy ones are better if dairy's an issue for you, I haven't tasted those, but my mom likes them. I like Creamy Milk Chocolate and Strawberries N Cream :) Y'all are right, it's probably the vitamins.

Cinnabuns

Ayeshia said:
I love slim fast it tastes so good esp the vanilla. I used to sneak it when my mom left home for work when i was little :sekret: :lick: Its LOADED with vitamins and minerals :) My mom calls it Sh*t Fast because it gave her the runs. I wonder how it would taste with Soy Milk?

Yeah I totally love the ones that are pre-made with Soy Milk in it instead of regular milk. The flavors are so good. :D

Angelicus

Slim Fast are yummy. I do enjoy the Soy flavors. I am unsure if they were the reason why I got a 3 inch growth spurt between May and August because I was drinking them during the time my hair grows the fastest anyway. They do contain a lot of vitamins and minerals though. I am greedy. I eat a meal with my slim fast.