So I used Silk Elements Lye Last Night

KhandiB

and I can say that I am happy with the relaxer.. I processed for 25 minutes and my hair still didnt get 100% straight :lol:

Talk about resistant... :lol:

But I will most likely make it my regular relaxer, I enjoy the way it made my hair feel afterwards... My hair looks silky sexy :eyebrows2:

I just decided that Im not gonna burn the heck out of my scalp and/or overprocess my hair trying to bone straight my hair, I like the way it turned out.. Its basically this one part of my hair that just always stays wavy ... I dont know why...

Id definitely reccommend (sp) it though...

crlsweetie912

We want pics! We want pics!
OT: toosexy, where in the heck do you find all those pretty makeup photos in your siggy? You siggies are always fierce!!!

yourleoqueen

So much for August 28th huh, LOL. Did you use Regular or Super? You may have to take a page from Supergirls book and let it marinate for bout a hour. I do know what you mean though bout having one section that just will not straighten. When I touched-up I got bone straight except for this one small area behind my right ear that still has some kink. I guess that's just my resistant patch, I'm gonna start there first next touch-up and see if it smoothes out.

Glad you like Silk Elemnts, isn't the smell heavenly? People don't be lookin at you with that 'She got a perm last night' look. Don't ack like ya'll don't know the look.

Come on wit da pics!

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love this relaxer. The smell is much much much better than relaxers I've used in the past. I used Gentle Treatment for years, and that stuff smelled horrid. I switched to Optimum for a while, but I don't remember if that one had a smell. Ah well, I'm satisfied with Silk Elements. I use the Regular.

KhandiB

yourleoqueen said:
So much for August 28th huh, LOL. Did you use Regular or Super? You may have to take a page from Supergirls book and let it marinate for bout a hour. I do know what you mean though bout having one section that just will not straighten. When I touched-up I got bone straight except for this one small area behind my right ear that still has some kink. I guess that's just my resistant patch, I'm gonna start there first next touch-up and see if it smoothes out.

Glad you like Silk Elemnts, isn't the smell heavenly? People don't be lookin at you with that 'She got a perm last night' look. Don't ack like ya'll don't know the look.

Come on wit da pics!

I used Super.. Regular has never worked on my head…
Aug 28th was a miscalculation.. I thought that was 12 weeks but actually 12 weeks was this Friday coming up.. and I have some events to go to between thrusday and saturday so I couldn’t wait, and since Im not blowdrying right now, I needed to do it so that I could airdry it enough to flat iron 2 nite :lol:

I couldn’t wait. LOL..
So much of my hair came out tho, I started crying again.. My husband was like baby your hair looks no different.. :cry:

And yes it smells LOVELY!!!!

I am going to take pics 2nite guys.. PROMISE!

Kimberly

Good deal...I think this will be my next relaxer. All ya'lls good reviews....my hair is resistant, too, but my scalp is scared of a Super.

I'm glad it worked well for you.

Sosoothing

Our sally's store only has the No-lye silk elements and refuses to sell me anything Lye.

KhandiB, did you get yours online?

I tried silk elements no-lye 2 months ago and it wasnt too bad. Next time Im opting for no-lye in super strength.

yourleoqueen

khandiB said:
So much of my hair came out tho, I started crying again
I shed like a mad woman after a 5 month stretch, NEVUH again! I can do three months no problem, so I have my next touch up scheduled for mid-October but I may try to make it til early Nov.

Silk Elements is the BEST! I am fighting the urge to go stock up in case they discontinue it. Does perm go bad? Ya'll bettuh tell me yeah, cuz if not Imma have a closet full. Maybe we need to send Sally some 'please don't stop making this stuff' e-mails just to be on the safe side.

KhandiB

I took a pic but im not happy :ohwell:
didnt obtain alot of length

and the pic is wack cuz Im using a wack camera...

But if you wanna see you can got to my fotki :ohwell:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
woo-hoo, 2 more weeks until I'm done with my 3 month/12 week stretch!!!

I don't mean to hi-jack her thread, but since we're on the subject about the oh so wonderful Silk Elements, about how many uses can you get out of one jar? I bought my first jar back in January, and I believe I've gotten about 3 uses already (Jan, March, May). I still have enough left for one more use.

kbody4

KhandiB said:
I took a pic but im not happy :ohwell:
didnt obtain alot of length

and the pic is wack cuz Im using a wack camera...

But if you wanna see you can got to my fotki :ohwell:

Ok, KhandiB I think you're having a hair anorexia moment:lol: . Your hair is fierce and it did grow!!. I looked at your previous photo before the new ones, and I see length.

Last edited:

KhandiB

Maybe So :lol:

kbody4 said:
Ok, KhandiB I think you're having a hair anorexia moment:lol: . Your hair is fierce and it did grow!!. I looked at your previous photo before the new ones, and I see length.

HoneyDew

kbody4 said:

I know right! I am going to have bring a therapist to the Baltimore Meet N Greet for her. :)

kbody4

HoneyDew said:
I know right! I am going to have bring a therapist to the Baltimore Meet N Greet for her. :)

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea :lol: KhandiB whatever it is that you're using/doing keep it up!! I think you are making me a believer to try Silk Elements Lye relaxer, although I would have to use mild :)

crlsweetie912

HoneyDew said:

she has admitted her hair anorexia and is in recovery!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

OT: I can't wait to meet all of you ladies at the meet and greet in Baltimore!!!!