So, it's a new year.

DrC

Did you hit your hair goal in 2012? I hit mine in October. Back in April I cut my APL hair to NL and it returned back to APL in 6 months. I guess my new goal for 2013 is to hit BSL.

1BalancedBeauty

I didn't really have any length goals for myself. I've been natural going on 3 years, have never flat-ironed or blown out my hair once to check the length. Because of the constant shrinkage, I stopped caring after a while.

My twisted hair pretty much looks the same length as it did a year ago, but when you pull on it, you can see it's much longer than back then (probably APL now).

Anyways, I decided to commit to locking my hair and started the locking process on New Year day with 2-strand twists. A lot of people are used to seeing me in twists all the time so I won't even be telling people in my personal life that I'm locking... Don't need to hear their random opinions. LOL.

Should be an interesting year ahead.

DrC

Nah but it's okay, I'mma make my goal in 2013!

Btw where are the pics?!

Hi Aireen! Happy New Year! :wave: blaaaah! You putting me on front street for pics. Lol My hair is in yarn braids right now. I guess I will take a few out the back and take pics if that will suffice...?

BTW: What length are you now?

SmileyNY

My goal was to make WL. When I straightened my hair for NYE, the longest layer barely hit WL... But I wasn't satisfied with my ends.... So I decided to cut my hair yesterday. It was nerve wrecking!!! :lol: However, now I'm a thick & even BSL.

It's weird... even though my hair is shorter, it felt longer b/c the ends are thicker than I'm used to. However, I co-washed my hair today, so it's no longer straight... Now I feel bald! :lol: I'm looking forward to babying my new ends and seeing my hair grow with this new thickness :yep:

cocosweet

I hit my goal length by the hairs on my chinny chin chin. I'm the girl in the race who trips and falls across the finish line but I finished.:lol:

BrownieBrie

I cut off 4-5 inches in February and I wanted to get back to APL, which I did. My ends still look good and I am hoping to be a MBL by the end of this year. After that I am going to just maintain it.

Aireen

Hi @Aireen! Happy New Year! :wave: blaaaah! You putting me on front street for pics. Lol My hair is in yarn braids right now. I guess I will take a few out the back and take pics if that will suffice...?

BTW: What length are you now?
Happy New Yearrrrr! :) I'm sooo holding you to that promise, you know I love me some big natural hair.

I'm back to BSB, aiming for WL this year again. :grin:

tiffjust2002

Yes I did, I was hoping to make it to APL and I did in Sept of 2012, my goal for this year is to hit MBL and I think I should be there by Sept or Oct of this year. I am just grazing BSL now.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I made my goal of APL in October but my ends were frightening so I cut 2inches but with hardcore ps and cowashing everyday. I made it to the top of APL, so I'm happy.

daae

Goal was APL for last year

did not make it. I will make APL by the summer and BSL by winter 2013!!!

If my goal was to end my transition and become natural, yes, I hit my goal.

As for my length, no. But, I'm closer now since my hair is one texture now and not competing with my former relaxed ends.

NikkiQ

My goal was to hit APL and I did in August. I've cut about 3" off since October,but still APL. 2013 goal is BSL. MBL is a bit far fetched,but I'm gonna try anyway :lol:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

belletropjolie

I didn't make my hair target but I'm OK with that.

I started the year at a very full SL (1st pic), made APL in March and was full BSL in June (2nd and 3rd pic)

I was grazing MBL by September but I was very unhappy with my ends and some thinness so I decided to cut back to APL in December (4th pic).

My hair looks fuller now but Im still struggling with a lot of splits and mid strand splits. Nonetheless, I'm optimistic that I'll get good growth. Hoping to hit WL this year or at least a very full MBL.

**Pretty please don't quote pics, I going to take them down in a bit

Attachments

• IMG_0206.JPG
    IMG_0206.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 28
  • hair shot2.jpg
    hair shot2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 35
  • pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 26
  • back pic.jpg
    back pic.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 26

naturalmanenyc

No, didn't make it since I got a few trims, including a trim today. I'm at APL but would still like to hit BSL when straight....which is strange since I rarely wear my hair straight anyway.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Made goal of APL in June, but missed second goal of BSL by December. Experienced breakage between August and December :( . So I'm starting out the year APL with a goal of BSL by August...I need prayer, LOL.

Lita

One of my goals,to retain moisture better & it's working..

Happy Hair Growing!

Seamonster

My goals kept changing.
1. My first goal was to hit BSL :nono:
2. My second goal happened when I big chopped off the thin ends.
3. I wanted thick hair. I got it. :woot:
4. Final goal thick APL hair when straightened. Started thinking, I never wear my hair straight, why am I making hair goals for something silly like that? So I didn't straighten, the world will never know.

This year, I am setting style goals instead of just length goals
1. Keep my thick wash n go
2. Grow to a Curly A-line Twist out

I have no idea how long my hair will need to be for this so I am just going to enjoy the ride.

RZILYNT

Made my goal to only use the same products all year.Big chopped from top of hip bone Sept 2011 to neck length.
As of this past weekend I am APL stretched.New goal BSL end of 2013.
RZ~