So Proud of Myself!!!

ms_kenesha

I am sooooo proud of myself. Last night I embarked on a journey....the journey to twisting my own hair. On Friday I bought ORS Lock & Twist gel, because I was going to try and get an appointment to get comb coils done somewhere & I didn't want anyone trying to use that crusty brown pre-con gel on my hair. So, I am a procrastinator to the 'inth degree so I never called for an appointment anywhere. But last night I decided I really wanted to do something different to my hair. So, I get out my spray bottle spritz the front of my hair get out the gel and do three diagonal flat-twists in the front. I go out to my fiance and ask him how do they look, he says they look good. So, I think okay I'll just wear my hair like this to work tomorrow. Then I go in the bedroom and start watching Charmed (which I love) and then I start thinking, HEY maybe I should two-strand twist ALL OF MY HAIR. So, I grab the spray bottle and gel, start from the bottom, and do the grab and twist method. So, after Charmed, the Sopranos, and Deadwood, I have a head full of two strand twists and three flat twists in the front. I am so psyched....also three of my coworkers said they liked my hair.

NapturalGlory

WOW! you had the patience to watch all those WB shows in order to do 2 strand twists? Amazing.

I'm glad twists have worked out for you! I think I will try doing cornrows or flat twists in the front of my hair where i can see better. Then bantu knots in back.

lsubabiedee

hmmm....i twisted my hair on saturday nite for the first time since being natural....ummm....some people commented on how they liked them....but i think my hair is way too fine for them....AND THE TWISTOUT WAS HORRIBLE....

Soooo....ms_kenesha, u did them on dry hair??

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
lsubabiedee said:
hmmm....i twisted my hair on saturday nite for the first time since being natural....ummm....some people commented on how they liked them....but i think my hair is way too fine for them....AND THE TWISTOUT WAS HORRIBLE....

Soooo....ms_kenesha, u did them on dry hair??

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly dry because I misted my hair in sections before I twisted.

frankie

Congratulations on a successful hair experiment...it sounds beautiful...when are you gonna post a pic so we can see?

ms_kenesha

Hey Frankie, I was just thinking to myself I need to take a picture. I don't have a digicam, but I'll see what I can do. I wish I had a picture phone.