So what do I do?

pureebony

I have been weaving my hair for the past 2 months and I am getting great growth, 1 inch per month to be exact. But to tell the truth, my hair is still very dry and brittle- what do I do? I don't know how to really moisturize my hair in a weave... it gives me good growth but I don't want my hair to break because of lake of moisture.

Can you all offer any advice, for a daily maintenance etc.

I have seen Tiffers hair, how its grown so long and healthy, and Im tired of people saying black hair doesn't grow long- I wanna prove them wrong!!

Thanks.

When I'm in a weave (sew-in) I use hawaiian silky 14 in 1 moisturizer to keep my hair moisturized, I oil my scalp with doo gro mega thick oil and after that I spray the moisturizer on my hair and I do this every other day and my hair is not dry and breaking when I remove my sew-in.

Oh I see, so I should just moisturize it, like spray it every day? Will this be enough?

how often do you wash your hair in a weave?

Also when ever I try to wash my weave it looks a mess....

Thanks for the shoutout! That's so sweet!!!! :grin: :hugxplode:

I highly recommend Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 Miracle Worker! It's very moisturizing, and it's a spray, so you can really get it in all the nooks and crannies :D

Thanks tiffers! Im going to grab some this week! ok another question, I noticed you co washed allot, do you think i can do this with a weave? and how often?

Thanks!

I wore weaves for about a year and I wasn't able to co-wash as much as I wanted to because the slippy condish would undo my cornrows!

I also realized that, although my hair grew like crazy underneath (I was also on Biotin 1000 mc[g] too), it was really dry and brittle underneath.

I REALLY do believe that the weave hair actually "leached" some of my natural hair's moisture!

I don't think washing too often would be good with a weave. It'd get raggedy REAL fast, and like pp said, your cornrows will come undone. Some ladies wash twice a week with a weave, others wash once a week. I think washing less often will preserve the weave more

You can still moisturize daily, though! :yep:

Back