What do You Guys Think??

Owest

So Wavy Baby
I've been using Surge for a little over a week now, and my roots are almost 1/4 of an inch(my hair was relaxed May 9). Usually I get about .5 inch of new growth per month, so you can imagine why I was both skeptical and astonished at 1/4 inch already. My "new growth" is also much more manageable and soft. I was talking to my friend about it and he took one look at the product and my new growth, and said "that's not new growth, that's wavy hair from Surge wetting your roots". Now I know Surge is very watery and my next relaxer is 8 weeks away, so I have a while until I can clearly see any results. What do you guys think of his explanation? Is it possible Surge just causes shrinkage or reversion?

Karonica

I think it's possible that your hair is growing. 1/4 inch in a week isn't impossible, so it definitely could be growth.

Neen

I heard reversion is not possible...once it's straight, it stays straight. Chemical bonds or whatever have been broken down and there is no way they will re-appear. Sounds like new growth to me.

Karonica

I agree with Neen. I don't believe hair that has been straightened can revert, unless it was never processed fully to begin with (meaning it was underprocessed/texturized).

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
Owest said:
Is it possible Surge just causes shrinkage or reversion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend is partially right.

My hair is chemically straightened about 75% straight. Surge can't undo this. The rollserset mechanically straightens it the rest of the way. Surge can revert this. So when I'm Surging daily, I can't wear a straight style.
I wear a bun instead.

RabiaElaine

Owest

I've been using Surge for a little over a week also. My hair was relaxed 3 weeks ago, so I started it on week 2 after a wash. My roots were completely relaxed and I am already noticing results maybe a little less than a quarter of an inch, so I don't think that too much reversion is taking place on any roots that weren't fully straightened. You are seeing some extra growth due to surge.

Read the thread called Post Your Surge Results, you can see what some people have experience there.

I met a girl yesterday in the BSS, who has been using Surge for 2 months and has noticed 2-3 inches of growth, after touching up. She never got that much length in between relaxers before, so Surge is helping.

Owest

So Wavy Baby
I hope you all are right...I was flyin high
, and he shot right me down
By the way my roots were completely straight too when I relaxed my hair, I hope it is new growth.

MoezThunder

You won't believe it till your next relaxer. In 30 days I gained, to the exact measure, 1 inch. I went from 15 1/2 to 16 1/2 in 30 days. I measure from crown to ends after every 30 days of using Surge 2x per day.