So What's The Deal With Neutralizers?

Faith

I know that products like Mizani (lye and no lye) you use the same neutralizing shampoo.
But lets say you use Phyto and you run out of neutralizer. Can you use ANOTHER neutralizer to finish? The point is just to bring the pH down right?

Arcadian

well, its safest to always use the neutralizer in the kit, HOWEVER, if you run out and you have neutralizing shampoo from another kit or bought on its own (isoplus has one?) its probably not going to hurt to use it to finish the job.

So though I can say yes I've done it and suffered no ill effects, I wouldn't say its ok to do it all the time though (thats me being cautious)

HTH

-A

secretdiamond

I think you can use any neutralizer. There's one I used for all my relaxers-- the Isoplus one that was like a dollar or something.

But since I'm planning on using Phyto soon, I got the Profectiv one, since others have mentioned it not being able to wash out well. The Profectiv has the 'instant' neutralizing so I'm hoping even if it doesn't wash out all the way, at least the pH is brought down, then follow up with the phyto one. The Profectiv mousse actually says on the bottle "Can be used for all no-lye and lye relaxers" on it. So you can use any neutralizing shampoo to wash the relaxer out.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I love the Profectiv one. It is very easy to apply.

I also love the ORS Aloe one. Very yummy.