Some New Birth Members calling for Eddie Long to step down!

Another viable option is just to up and find another church home. That would kill his high-living off the back of the struggling right away.

As for the Church and the Pastor that formed the rally:

Eddie Long Being Pressured to Resign in Georgia Rally Headed by Another Bishop - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Of all days for the people of God to stage a rally.... Sunday when they should be in Church 'rallying' in prayer against the forces of darkness, and especially on of all days which is 'Halloween'. :nono:

I cannot help but wonder, 'which spirit is rising' here?

I dunno :nono:

I definitely agree that he should step down; right now him remaining in the pulpit and still keeping preaching engagements, 'appears' he is being arrogant as opposed to humility.

But this rally makes the Church look silly and powerless against their own. Couldn't there have been a more 'civil' way to handle this? It's more like a spectacle than a rational choice of action to resort to.

All of this for one man? There are other ways to handle this. Truly there are ways, that would give honour to God and to the Church.

It makes no sense. :nono: :nono: :nono:

preach it shimmie

@luthiengirlie :love2: For you.

I just feel so sad about this whole thing. And I am disappointed to see / hear of this 'parade' of two pastors and those who are afraid to say 'no', and not follow.

What will it accomplish that prayer will not? I just don't understand the purpose rather than go another route. It's a circus event. It's not Bible. :nono:

ETA: I can 'see' if they were going to the Atlanta City 'Hall' to kneel and pray for the entire Body of Christ, the Church [as a whole -- not just New Birth's ] in it's entirety, for the Church's healing, for souls to not be lost as a result of these scandals and the media; and to openly pray for God's forgiveness for the Body of Christ for not taking it's responsibility more seriously.

But in protest of 'one man', that's not going do anything except show discord in the Body of Christ.

Last edited:
God is NOT the author of confusion...

As for the Church and the Pastor that formed the rally:

Eddie Long Being Pressured to Resign in Georgia Rally Headed by Another Bishop - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Of all days for the people of God to stage a rally.... Sunday when they should be in Church 'rallying' in prayer against the forces of darkness, and especially on of all days which is 'Halloween'. :nono:

I cannot help but wonder, 'which spirit is rising' here?

I dunno :nono:

I definitely agree that he should step down; right now him remaining in the pulpit and still keeping preaching engagements, 'appears' he is being arrogant as opposed to humility.

But this rally makes the Church look silly and powerless against their own. Couldn't there have been a more 'civil' way to handle this? It's more like a spectacle than a rational choice of action to resort to.

All of this for one man? There are other ways to handle this. Truly there are ways, that would give honour to God and to the Church.

It makes no sense. :nono: :nono: :nono:

Last edited:
God is NOT the author of confusion...

Amen... Laela.

However, they're not going to stop the parades.

Coming Soon to 'YOUR' Neighborhood:

South Carolina minister leads rally demanding Bishop Long step down

By Shelia M. Poole
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
6:37 p.m. Sunday, October 31, 2010

A South Carolina minister Sunday demanded that Bishop Eddie Long step down as senior pastor of New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in the wake of allegations that he coerced four young men into sexual relationships.

At a rally on the Georgia Capitol steps on Washington Street, Bishop H. "Prophet" Walker from the True Light Pentecost Church in Spartanburg, S.C., said Long "had no right to continue as a leader of the Christian church."

While Walker conceded he had no authority in dealing with Long, he wanted New Birth members to urge Long to give up his post. "They have to understand that this is their church, not Bishop Long's," Walker said.

About 75 people attended the rally, though most appeared to be members of Walker's church and there were several children. The women wore white robes and had their hair covered by lace scarves and the men wore black. Walker was dressed in a beige suit and sported a long gray beard.

Reuben Armstrong, a Dallas radio and TV talk show host and author, said Long should step down, at least until the cases are resolved. He also criticized Long for preaching a prosperity message.

"It's a shame that the church is becoming a corporate entity with the pastor acting as CEO, but the people are the shareholders," Armstrong said.

Among those in attendance were members of a South Carolina Tea Party group.

"We believe that Christians need to stand up for wrong," said Michael Brady of the Boiling Springs Tea Party. He said the allegations are a "crime against the community, and a crime against humanity, and Christians have to stand up against that."

Long has been sued by four men: Anthony Flagg, Spencer LeGrande, Maurice Robinson and Jamal Parris, They allege that Long coerced them into sexual relations using his influence, lavish trips, gifts and jobs.

Long, who continues to lead weekly services, has denied the allegations in a statement issued by his spokesman.

Long, who became New Birth pastor in 1987, has been an outspoken critic of homosexuality and in 2004 led a march against gay marriage.

Art Franklin, a spokesman for Long, had no comment Sunday in regards to the rally.

Minister Adisa Franklin, National Association for Religious Accountability founder, asked why there were no other Atlanta pastors at the rally. "There's got to be someone to take accountability," he said.

Will Haymon, a Stone Mountain insurance agent, attended New Birth for five years. He left the church in January, but said it had nothing to do with the recent scandal. "It was time for us to move on," said Haymon. "My wife felt like we were not growing."

Haymon stopped by the rally to hear what speakers had to say. He has been listening to all sides but has not made up his mind about Long's innocence or guilt. He is willing to let the matter work its way through the courts. "I think there really should be concrete evidence," Haymon said.

Kianna Sams, who watched the rally, previously visited New Birth several times and was there when Long first addressed the congregation after the allegations. She wants Long to step down because "this is hurting New Birth's image now."

Meanwhile, Walker said he would hold similar anti-Long gatherings in other cities over the next couple of months.

"‘We're not going to stop," he said.

This article is located at:

South Carolina minister leads rally demanding Bishop Long step down

----------------

I actually understand their plight... their cause. If indeed Bishop Long is guilty, the Church has to take a stand against this behaviour; it is not acceptable and those 'still' hiding must be brought out front and center and removed from the Altars of God. They need to be restored, not leading others into sin and heartache and destruction.

But these parades / these rallies, I don't think it is the correct way to handle this.

I'm looking at the format, the signs they were carrying.

Someething here is amidst, I don't believe this is the way the Church should handle the situation with Eddie Long.

Ahhhh! Okay, this is what I'm perceiving. This looks like a 'hate' parade instead of a protest. It looks like a group of people who have always carried an 'ought' against Eddie Long all along and they are using this opportunity [this situation] to express what they have felt about him all along. This is about 'more' than the young men who have been hurt.

Would it not have been better, to begin an outreach for these young men instead? That would have spoken volumns and would have taken a greater stand against this tragedy. Reaching out to the boys who have been injured, and restoring them where it is needed far more than a parade.

That's just my take on this.... :Rose:

Attachments

• Ministry - Long Rally 1.jpg
    Ministry - Long Rally 1.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Ministry - Long Rally  2 .jpg
    Ministry - Long Rally 2 .jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
"Would it not have been better, to begin an outreach for these young men instead? That would have spoken volumns and would have taken a greater stand against this tragedy. Reaching out to the boys who have been injured, and restoring them where it is needed far more than a parade."
[I]"I can 'see' if they were going to the Atlanta City 'Hall' to kneel and pray for the entire Body of Christ, the Church [as a whole -- not just New Birth's ] in it's entirety, for the Church's healing, for souls to not be lost as a result of these scandals and the media; and to openly pray for God's forgiveness for the Body of Christ for not taking it's responsibility more seriously." [/I]

ITA Shimmie. That's why it is always vital to get to the root of things. Not to allow our emotions to sweep us away and cause us to lose focus (Psa145:15a) on what is most important to God. :nono:
The thief's sole purpose is to steal, kill, and destroy(John10:10). Destinies, marriages, finances, hope, joy, peace, souls, you name it. But God's purpose for leaving glory and coming was to give life and life more abundantly. If the thief can cause you lose focus and get wrapped up in semantics, so be it. He doesn't have to kill you immediately. He will wait and do it slowly. It doesn't matter to him b/c in the end dead is dead.

@the bolded, that was my perception as well... :yep:

The organizer is Reuben Armstrong (author of Snakes in the Pulpit), who says he hopes Long's followers didn't "drink the Kool-Aid" this morning...

and I don't know what to make of his other comment:

"Bishop Long, if it don't fit you must quit"

Say wha??? :lol:

Someething here is amidst, I don't believe this is the way the Church should handle the situation with Eddie Long.

Ahhhh! Okay, this is what I'm perceiving. This looks like a 'hate' parade instead of a protest.
. It looks like a group of people who have always carried an 'ought' against Eddie Long all along and they are using this opportunity [this situation] to express what they have felt about him all along. This is about 'more' than the young men who have been hurt.

Would it not have been better, to begin an outreach for these young men instead? That would have spoken volumns and would have taken a greater stand against this tragedy. Reaching out to the boys who have been injured, and restoring them where it is needed far more than a parade.

That's just my take on this.... :Rose:

@the bolded, that was my perception as well... :yep:

The organizer is Reuben Armstrong (author of Snakes in the Pulpit), who says he hopes Long's followers didn't "drink the Kool-Aid" this morning...

and I don't know what to make of his other comment:

"Bishop Long, if it don't fit you must quit"
Say wha??? :lol:

Laela.... :rofl: Please don't make me laugh

Folks gotta watch what they say in public Capitols.

Especially in Atlanta.... :look: :look:

^^did you see the video clip when he said that?..
lemme go get it..
YouTube - Protesters Want Bishop Eddie Long to Step Down

@Laela

Laela.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You won't believe what I was doing? :rofl: Lord help me. :lol:

Okay, I kept replaying the video clip trying to hear/find these words:

"lemme go get it"

:rofl3:

After reading your post again, it finally [finally, finally] occurred to me that "YOU" were saying to 'Me', 'lemme go get it', meaning the video clip. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's obvious that it is 'I' who must quit. :sleep: It's been a longgggggg busy weekend and a longggg day at work.

God bless you and hubby, precious Laela. My love to both of you. :love2:

Shimmie is out for the night... :lol: And Laela, I won't even tell you how many times, I kept replaying that part of the video when 'Armstrong' was holding up the Bible with his 'Fit / Quit' comment.

And Laela... :lol: :lol: :lol: Laela, the whole time I kept thinking, "What is Laela talking about? When did he [Armstrong] say, 'lemme go get it'..... :rofl:

I'm out.... :sleep2:

Back