SOME PPL ARE JUST IGNORANT

tsturnbu

So, right now i am in braids. a girl at my job started working with me a few months ago (she has never seen my hair out before). She and I went to lunch together and I showed her some pics of my fiance and I. When she saw the length of my hair in the pictures, she asked me if it was my real hair. I told her yes. She then called me "stupid" and said that she didnt know why i was wearing braids when I have long hair. I then todl her that i have long hair because of my braids. she then said "I knew a few girls like that in my college. they would wear braids to grow their hair because their hair couldnt grow anyway else". when she said that, it appeared she almost seemed relieved that she thought I had difficulty growing my hair.

Ladies, I was about to smack that chick. I then told her my hair would grow just fine without the braids, but the braids allows me to retain more lenght and prevent me from relaxing every 2 months. I then told her that I knew girls like her in college too who had jacked up hair and would criticize those with long hair. (this was a lie but I wanted to put her in her place) She looked at me like i was crazy, and proceeded to rub her hand over her overprocessed damaged hair that was slicked back in super tight dry ass ponytail, and then she said "to each his own" then we continued our lunch.

can u believe that? what is wrong with ppl? I am still trying to decide if her statements were mailicious, or she if she was just an idiot. either way, i had to put her in her place.

Last edited:

candy1214

DA HELL???

Why is it like in every thread someone is getting accused of lying, being called ugly or some other disrespectful ish.

Nah..she was totally out of line for calling you stupid and assuming crap.
How long was her hair?

lisana

It's amazing how people try to insult you on the sly and try to act like they don't know what's going on. You were really bold to tell her that. Good for you. If she was malicious, you put her in her place. If she is juat and idiot, you educated her, she's an adult, ignorance is no excuse.

KnottyGurl

That's typical. People who don't know better have to think you did something "extra special" to have good hair (besides being born with it:confused:), otherwise, how incompetent and lazy does that make them look if it's as simple as you say it is?

I :lachen:and :lachen: when, after you made your comment, she rubbed her hands in her hair. She just KNEW you were talking about her and she just KNEW you were telling the truth!

cocosweet

candy1214 said:
Nah..she was totally out of line for calling you stupid and assuming crap.
How long was her hair?
Probably this (snaps fingers) long. You know how it goes, those with questionable looking hair sharing their haterade with those with healthy thriving hair. smh

tsturnbu

cocosweet said:
Probably this (snaps fingers) long. You know how it goes, those with questionable looking hair sharing their haterade with those with healthy thriving hair. smh

\
Yes, she is black, and her damaged hair was about shoulder length ( she had her hair a ponytail, but her hair was about 3 inches from the base of the ponytail).

Last edited:

tnorenberg

That's so sad to see young women with such low character.:( I'm glad you were strong enough to put her in her place. Good for you.

locoabouthair

tsturnbu said:
\
Yes, she was black, and her damaged hair was about shoulder lenght( she had her hair a ponytail, but her hair was aout 3 inches from the base of the ponytail).

LOL.......You should have have told her.....if she knew better she would do better.....

XXXtacy

GeechyGurl said:
That's typical. People who don't know better have to think you did something "extra special" to have good hair (besides being born with it:confused:), otherwise, how incompetent and lazy does that make them look if it's as simple as you say it is?

I :lachen:and :lachen: when, after you made your comment, she rubbed her hands in her hair. She just KNEW you were talking about her and she just KNEW you were telling the truth!

:lol: :lachen:Good one, young jedi. You have learned to use the force. :lachen:

sunshinelady

People say things like to me all the time because I wear wigs. When they see my hair, they are always like "what in the world". I've got a huge Angela Davis afro.

tsturnbu

sunshinelady said:
People say things like to me all the time because I wear wigs. When they see my hair, they are always like "what in the world". I've got a huge Angela Davis afro.

some ppl have no sense.

Blackoutzangel05

Calling you stupid was harsh...I would have said you were crazy and that if I had hair that long I would be swinging it in everyone's face but I would have been joking with you! Just brush her ignorance off....I believe that is all that it was

pinkdot's blog

lisana said:
It's amazing how people try to insult you on the sly and try to act like they don't know what's going on. You were really bold to tell her that. Good for you. If she was malicious, you put her in her place. If she is juat and idiot, you educated her, she's an adult, ignorance is no excuse.

In the bold....
Thats right!:yep:

C

chica_canella

This chick tried to tell me one time the same thing after I finished my Crown and Glory Stint. She was saying how if she had long hair she would where it out. Ok, good for you but to each its own!

To the OP: What type of braid spray do you use if any and I am 5 weeks post relaxer and am going to put individual braids back in like Robin method suggests. What do yo think about this?

Thanks alot

cocosweet

tsturnbu said:
\
Yes, she is black, and her damaged hair was about shoulder length ( she had her hair a ponytail, but her hair was about 3 inches from the base of the ponytail).
I see. She might have been advised to come to this board if she had acted right :lol:. You handled it well though.

tsturnbu

i use african prode braid spray mixed with a little s curl moisturizer. eveyr 2 weeks, i also put cholesterol on the braids only and then rinse it out, so my braids and hair wil stay conditioned.

definitely get the individual braids, but be sure not to get the real tiny invisible braids (they will be a ain to take out and u may lose hair).

i usually keep my braids in for 3 months, but get the edges redone after 1.5 months

Last edited:
C

chica_canella

Ok, that is so cool. you were doing the same thing I did with C-G until I got lazy the last three months. So, did you really have to cut any ends if you are doing this cause Robin says you most likely won't have to?

Thank you so much for your advice. you don't know how much i appreciate it. *smiles*

JuicesN'Berries

People are just too much!!! I get this all the time since I wear alot of protective styles. People have the nerve to get mad at me or criticize me because I don't wear my hair out that often.

Alot of times I feel the urge to tell them well maybe if you follow my lead you would have some hair!!!!!!:eek:

Lady Esquire

looking at your gorgeous locks in your avatar, she is probably green with envy. she would probably choke on her lunch if you walked in and really showed her what you were working with - your crowing glory would have her looking like the court jester :lol: :lol:

sareca

she said court jester! :lachen:

tsturnbu

chica_canella said:
Ok, that is so cool. you were doing the same thing I did with C-G until I got lazy the last three months. So, did you really have to cut any ends if you are doing this cause Robin says you most likely won't have to?

Thank you so much for your advice. you don't know how much i appreciate it. *smiles*

nope. after i take out the braids, i only have to trim VERY little (about 1/4 inch) and i do that myself

OhmyKimB

I would go back and smack her...

This lady said that to me one day in a salon...too bad I was younger then....

BrooklynSouth

Unfortunately, I used to think something similar...think...not SAY...the same thing when I saw someone with really long hair who most times kept it hidden. I did not understand the role of protective styles and care. My kind of response for sure..nothing gets 'em like a sharp Touche!! Good going for hitting her hair spot.

bajanplums1

this story still cracks me up even after hearing it on the phone. my position remains--she needs to take a hint and benefit from what you told her. she is a silly girl.