SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEEEASE!!!!

e$h

I just washed the henna outta my hair and deep conditioned for 30 minutes. I'm washing the conditioner outta my hair and my hair is hard and it's sticking together. What should I do???? I only added hot water, 2 moisturizing conditioners, EVOO and Castor oil. This hasn't happened before and I'm starting to freak out. Please somebody help me, I don't know what to do.

MZMATTHEWS

After I henna the only thing that will bring my hair back to life is Aveda damage remedy intensive restructuring treatment. Good luck.

IMFOCSD

I just washed the henna outta my hair and deep conditioned for 30 minutes. I'm washing the conditioner outta my hair and my hair is hard and it's sticking together. What should I do???? I only added hot water, 2 moisturizing conditioners, EVOO and Castor oil. This hasn't happened before and I'm starting to freak out. Please somebody help me, I don't know what to do.

Have tried a hot oil treatment or oil rinse? Hopefully some other experienced ladies can chime in.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83

What did you use to rinse out the henna? I use a cheap conditioner and then I shampoo w/ CON in the green bottle to make sure I get as much henna out as I possibly can. Then I add the moisturizing conditioner. I think that maybe you should try to wash once more, maybe even clarify.

ajargon02

It will be okay. do you have a cheap conditioner? If so, soak your entire head in it. Take a wide tooth comb and in sections work the conditioner in, keep rinsing with warm water. I haven't had this experience with henna from fnol or henna for hair. I have had this with store bought henna. It might take several conditioner washes over a couple of days to get it all out, but you will be able to. Try the conditioner wash. yes henna is protein, and you won't/don't need to put more into your hair with the experience that you are currently having, imho. Try the conditioner wash, gently detangling in sections and see how that works for you. If you get too tired, or run out of hot water, put a bunch of the conditioner in your hair, and put a plastic cap on, surround that in a plastic bag, and call it a night. Get up extra early in the morning and try it again. If your hair isnt' responding, bun it and try again later in the day. I would STONGLY suggest that you don't buy that henna that you used again. Many of the store bought henna's have sand and sticks as filler, and you have to sift the life out of it to make it worth it. That's just too much work, when you can get baq (body art quality) henna and not go through all that. hth, good luck to you.

gymfreak336

I had this problem with my last henna treatment. Using some cheapies and letting them soak in helped as did deep conditioning with queen helene cholesterol. I had issues with my hair for nearly 3 weeks afterwards. :perplexed

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
It will be okay. do you have a cheap conditioner? If so, soak your entire head in it. Take a wide tooth comb and in sections work the conditioner in, keep rinsing with warm water. I haven't had this experience with henna from fnol or henna for hair. I have had this with store bought henna. It might take several conditioner washes over a couple of days to get it all out, but you will be able to. Try the conditioner wash. yes henna is protein, and you won't/don't need to put more into your hair with the experience that you are currently having, imho. Try the conditioner wash, gently detangling in sections and see how that works for you. If you get too tired, or run out of hot water, put a bunch of the conditioner in your hair, and put a plastic cap on, surround that in a plastic bag, and call it a night. Get up extra early in the morning and try it again. If your hair isnt' responding, bun it and try again later in the day. I would STONGLY suggest that you don't buy that henna that you used again. Many of the store bought henna's have sand and sticks as filler, and you have to sift the life out of it to make it worth it. That's just too much work, when you can get baq (body art quality) henna and not go through all that. hth, good luck to you.

Really? I thought that henna actually was not protein:look:. I looked it up on the henna websites and also on this forum...

MZMATTHEWS

Isn't that too much protein? How are you using it?
I used every moisturizing conditioner that I own and I have a lot, the only one that brought the moisture back to my hair was the the Aveda. No all hair is alike what works for me may not work for U.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I don't use henna but I've read about users putting on a moisturizing conditioner and letting it sit for a couple of hours. Sorry you are going thru this. :hug2:

yodie

Henna did the same thing to my hair. I sprayed lots of scurl spray for a couple of days. my hair turned back to normal. Hope this helps.

e$h

What did you use to rinse out the henna? I use a cheap conditioner and then I shampoo w/ CON in the green bottle to make sure I get as much henna out as I possibly can. Then I add the moisturizing conditioner. I think that maybe you should try to wash once more, maybe even clarify.

I didn't rinse with a conditioner, I actually just washed with Keracare hydrating poo. I don't know what I did wrong and I'm still freaking out a bit. But I hopped back in the shower and washed again. I'm thinking that I didn't rinse it out all of the way. It feels a lil bit better now. I guess since it's been awhile I forgot how my hair was supposed to feel after using henna. I didn't get that nice soft feeling someone else raved about so I dunno:perplexed

e$h

WOW! Thanks so much for this. It doesn't feel like it did the first time I hopped outta the shower but it still doesn't feel quite right. I do have some tressemee (sp?) that I can use on my hair. Funny thing is that I didn't use cheap henna. I use BAQ that was in the freezer for a few months. I don't think I wanna henna again after this experience. It scared me sh**less!

e$h

Awwwww thanks everyone for responding. I wanted to :cry3: so bad but I didn't want my MAC lashes to fall off :perplexed. It's a little better now but I'm not trying to deal with this for the next 3 weeks. The first time I tried henna it was cool and now it's like:nono: it just didn't want to agree with my hair. I've worked too hard to get where I am so thanks again ladies for all of your responses. I really appreciate you all for chiming in to help a sista out. I'll keep you all posted when my hair returns to normal.

Empress Yahudah

WOW! Thanks so much for this. It doesn't feel like it did the first time I hopped outta the shower but it still doesn't feel quite right. I do have some tressemee (sp?) that I can use on my hair. Funny thing is that I didn't use cheap henna. I use BAQ that was in the freezer for a few months. I don't think I wanna henna again after this experience. It scared me sh**less!

Its prob the type of henna u used or it might be old... I had this problem a month ago with Mumtaz henna. It left my hair like u described and it took 3 weeks for my hair to get back to normal.. Till I bought Kenra MC and CM.. i felt a was fighting a battle so I mixed them together and used it and my hair went back to normal.. Also I switched Henna and I use Jamila Henna and my hair now and it feels wonderful no dryness no tangles no hard ruff hair :drunk:. I think sometime when buying henna at the Indian store no matter what brand its probaly realy old so I dont buy henna from the indian store anymore... I hope it all works out and u get ur hair back to normal and get some good henna! I am using Jamila henna from mehndiskinart because they had a great sale on it at one point and I stocked up...there is also..fnwl...hennaforhair..hennasooq.... GOOD LUCK

angellazette

I rinse until I see no more henna color then I cowash maybe about 5 times with any of the VO5 Moisture Milks. I stopped using shampoo immediately after henna. I don't use shampoo again until my next wash.

Moroni

After my henna experience last week, I used a mixture of cheapie conditioner, honey and EVOO, and DC'd with that. Try sleeping in the DC that honey added. That worked wonders for me....the moisture came back. I think I'll try henna at least one more time, because my hair feels so strong.

e$h

Thanks for the hair hugs and all the responses. Moroni, I think I might do this tonight. My hair isn't meshed together like it was but it's still kinda rough to the touch on the last 5 inches of hair. So we shall see......

NitiBahama

Sorry I'm late...

l henna'd for the first time 2-3 weeks ago and like you my hair was hard afterward. What worked for me was an EVOO oil rinse. I poured it in my hand and slathered it through my hair and then jumped right back into the shower and stood under the shower head to rinse it out and my hair was soft again and it detangled itself. Be sure to give it a try!:grin: