Please HELP with hair falling out....

growingbrown

I conditioned washed with Suave Milk and Honey a week ago and I started shedding like crazy. Two days latter, I washed and conditioned with Motions CPR. Yesterday I did a Henna Treatment.

I have not combed my hair since prior to CW and when I did I got knots and long pieces of hair without a bulb. I can just pull the hair and it is very stringy. I thought that the Henna Treatment (Cassia) would work but it is still falling out. BTW, I am 11 weeks post.

WHAT SHOULD I DO LADIES? HELP!!!!

growingbrown

janiebaby said:
Maybe you should clarify and do a protein treatment.

I did clarify with the CPR, but I did not do a protein treatment because I did the Henna. Could I still do a protein treatment?

Thanks,

janiebaby

Couple questions, are u on any meds? Have you ever stretched this long before? My hair started coming out alot because my hair was overconditioned. Someone had given me a rinse after a relaxer, although I'd had semi permanent color with relaxers with absolutely no problems, and my hair hasn't been the same since but it's getting better. I wouldn't recommend getting a relaxer now because you just had the henna treatment and I never did henna before so I don't know how long you should wait but I'm sure a lot of ladies on here do. I would just do a protein treatment and a protective style until you can relax again but you should wait to see what the henna ladies have to say.

Last edited:

growingbrown

janiebaby said:
Couple questions, are u on any meds? Have you ever stretched this long before? My hair started coming out alot because my hair was overconditioned. Someone had given me a rinse after a relaxer, although I'd had semi permanent color with relaxers with absolutely no problems, and my hair hasn't been the same since but it's getting better. I wouldn't recommend getting a relaxer now because you just had the henna treatment and I never did henna before so I don't know how long you should wait but I'm sure a lot of ladies on here do. I would just do a protein treatment and a protective style until you can relax again but you should wait to see what the henna ladies have to say.

I truly thank you for your help. A protein treatment like Emergence or Aproghee?

janiebaby

There are others that aren't as strong like Joico Kpak, I actually saw a small version at CVS for like $17 the bigger one costs about $25. Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol has protein and it costs $2. Optimum AntiBreakage System has protein in it even the shampoo! Aubrey GPB conditioner which everyone on here raves about has protein it too. Joico is more of a treatment while the rest are just products with protein in them so you can try those instead of anything hardcore since you do have the henna in your hair. The thing to remember about protein treatment like Joico Kpak is that you have to deep condition afterwards. Which brings me to another question did you deep condition when you did the henna I hear from alot of ladies that it makes your hair hard initially?

growingbrown

janiebaby said:
There are others that aren't as strong like Joico Kpak, I actually saw a small version at CVS for like $17 the bigger one costs about $25. Lustrasilk Herbal Cholesterol has protein and it costs $2. Optimum AntiBreakage System has protein in it even the shampoo! Aubrey GPB conditioner which everyone on here raves about has protein it too. Joico is more of a treatment while the rest are just products with protein in them so you can try those instead of anything hardcore since you do have the henna in your hair. The thing to remember about protein treatment like Joico Kpak is that you have to deep condition afterwards. Which brings me to another question did you deep condition when you did the henna I hear from alot of ladies that it makes your hair hard initially?

Yes I did with a combination of Nexes, kerecare, honey, EVOO and Milk and Honey.

Hareitiz

Motions CPR is a heavy protein conditioner, Suave Milk and Honey has protein in it as well, and Henna will make your hair hard just like a protein. You might want to get a good moisturizing conditioner like Nexxus Humetress to put the moisture back into your hair. HTH

simone103

Is your hair breaking off at the demarcation line, and when is your next scheduled touch-up? You should probably do a light protein treatment, use a moisturizing shampoo, and use a moisturizing conditioning. I wouldn't use a hard-core protein like aphogee at this point because you probably have a lot of newgrowth right now and it may make your hair tangled and harder to comb.

try to deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner before you try another protein treatment

not all breakage is due to a lack of protein

lack of moisture can cause breakage also

dry hair usually breaks

growingbrown

simone103 said:
Is your hair breaking off at the demarcation line, and when is your next scheduled touch-up? You should probably do a light protein treatment, use a moisturizing shampoo, and use a moisturizing conditioning. I wouldn't use a hard-core protein like aphogee at this point because you probably have a lot of newgrowth right now and it may make your hair tangled and harder to comb.

It looks like it could be breaking off at the demarcation line. I was going to ride the next touch-up out. But I think it may be in two weeks.

growingbrown

My hair is very stringy. While it was wet, I could just pull the hair out. There were long pieces without the bulb and some with the bulb. I have not saw this before. How long should I wait to do anything to my hair since I Henna last night?

Hareitiz

IMO, I think you overloaded on the protein. I'm not sure when the last time you did a moisturizing deep conditioner, which would help balance out your hair, but I would not touch a protein conditioner right now. I use henna myself which can be very drying, I have to follow up with a DC. Since you used henna and Motions CPR your hair is in need of moisture.

If you haven't read this thread yet, it should be very helpful:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=84746

Last edited:

jrae

Could just be a coincidence, but I experienced this as well after using CPR several years ago. I use to be able to CPR on a monthly or biweekly basis, and then it turned on me and my hair started shedding more than usual.

I also think you've got too much protein, too. CPR, Suave and Henna would be too much for my fine strands.

I'm sorry I don't have suggestions for how to make the shedding stop though.

growingbrown

I just want to say thank you ladies for all of your help. One more question, after looking at Sistaslick analysis of breakage, looks like I may need moisture. Is DPR-11 a good moisturizing conditioner to use?

Hareitiz

growingbrown said:
I just want to say thank you ladies for all of your help. One more question, after looking at Sistaslick analysis of breakage, looks like I may need moisture. Is DPR-11 a good moisturizing conditioner to use?

I've used it and it is a good moisturizing conditioner. I've added honey and EVOO to mine to really make my hair soft.

RubyWoo

Motions Moisture Plus Conditioner is excellent imo. I add EVOO to it and my hair feels sooo good and moisturized.

Good luck. I wish I could be of more assistance but I've never experienced your problem(excessive shedding) and I wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Last edited: