"Something is making your new growth thicker," said my stylist!!!!!

WhipEffectz1

So I went to my stylist today because I was accompanying my SO to a special event. She gave my a wash/shampoo, hydration treatment, and the usual flatiron. However, this time when she was finished blowdrying my hair, she was like, "I am trying to understand why your new growth is thicker because you have like 3-4 inches of hair that is thicker than the remaining length!". I told her that I didn't know what it was because I drink ingest carrot juice, protein, b-5, and biotin. So she was like, "Whatever you're doing keep doing it because your hair is medium fine and your new growth is thick!" So this got me to thinking...............what exactly is contributing to all that thick new growth???? Personally, I think its the carrot juice.

Bint Yusef

Congrats on your progress.

Im trying to track down something to thicken my hair too. I am so dissatisfied with the thickness of my hair. I was just going thru someone's album here and got a major case of hair envy.:ohwell:

How often are you drinking carrot juice? Are you mixing it with anything?

I know this may sound dumb but does it taste like carrots, because I hate carrots, or is it more like a juice with carrots in it?

dynamic1

WhipEffectz1 said:
So I went to my stylist today because I was accompanying my SO to a special event. She gave my a wash/shampoo, hydration treatment, and the usual flatiron. However, this time when she was finished blowdrying my hair, she was like, "I am trying to understand why your new growth is thicker because you have like 3-4 inches of hair that is thicker than the remaining length!". I told her that I didn't know what it was because I drink ingest carrot juice, protein, b-5, and biotin. So she was like, "Whatever you're doing keep doing it because your hair is medium fine and your new growth is thick!" So this got me to thinking...............what exactly is contributing to all that thick new growth???? Personally, I think its the carrot juice.

My guess would be the B5. I had to ease back at one point. Have you noticed any changes in your skin (for the better). B5 was awesome for my face.

ETA: I think I will re-up on the B-5 and deal with the thicker hair. I had a glowing skin flashback!

Missi

I noticed that once: my sophmore year in highschool: i ran track so I drank plenty of water: i noticed my new growth was more hydrated and fuller/thicker: Maybe someone should start a DRINK 64oz of H2O a Day Challenge

WhipEffectz1

OnAHairQuest said:
Congrats on your progress.

Im trying to track down something to thicken my hair too. I am so dissatisfied with the thickness of my hair. I was just going thru someone's album here and got a major case of hair envy.:ohwell:

How often are you drinking carrot juice? Are you mixing it with anything?

I know this may sound dumb but does it taste like carrots, because I hate carrots, or is it more like a juice with carrots in it?

No dear, I hate the taste of regular carrots but juiced carrots have a sweet taste to them. I drink around 12 ounces a day and I juice carrots with celery! I drink it daily.

WhipEffectz1

dynamic1 said:
My guess would be the B5. I had to ease back at one point. Have you noticed any changes in your skin (for the better). B5 was awesome for my face.

ETA: I think I will re-up on the B-5 and deal with the thicker hair. I had a glowing skin flashback!

I was thinking it was the carrot juice. My skin is glowing and absolutly no acne and I attribute that to the b-5!!!!!! Yes!!!!!! Nice hair and skin finally!!!!!:p

WhipEffectz1

WillyGWifey said:
I noticed that once: my sophmore year in highschool: i ran track so I drank plenty of water: i noticed my new growth was more hydrated and fuller/thicker: Maybe someone should start a DRINK 64oz of H2O a Day Challenge

I am trying to get into drinking water to hydrate my hair as well!

Bellavita6

OT: Whipz- your hair is beautiful! I love the shine. I noticed when i was taking my B vitamins my hair was alot fuller.

deejoy

It's probably a combination of alla that! 5,000mcg of biotin thickened my hair a lot. And carrot juice is thickened my hair too.

Last edited:

locabouthair

it's probably a combo of everything. but more specifically the carrot juice and b5, those are thing i herad are good for thickening. how long have u been drinking the carrot juice.

honeybadgirl

whip, do you juice your own carrots? i was doing that carrot challenge but i guess i slacked off. biotin helps to thicken my hair up to. years ago when i was taking it i had to stop because my hair was waaay out there thick!:)
i notice now that i have to wax my brows more now too. hair keeps sprouting out. i'm constantly reshaping them:grin:

Lady Esquire

WhipEffectz1 said:
No dear, I hate the taste of regular carrots but juiced carrots have a sweet taste to them. I drink around 12 ounces a day and I juice carrots with celery! I drink it daily.
looking at the progress in your siggy, whatever it is, keep it up. you have got me thinking about carrot juice. i grew up in a household where my mom was a pro at juicing. she has skin that glows. do you juice yourself? or do you buy it from a bottle?;)

C

chica_canella

LadyEsquire said:
looking at the progress in your siggy, whatever it is, keep it up. you have got me thinking about carrot juice. i grew up in a household where my mom was a pro at juicing. she has skin that glows. do you juice yourself? or do you buy it from a bottle?;)

I want to buy some carrot juice. do u think V8 would suffice?:D

DSP

WhipEffectz1 said:
Girl, your siggy pictures are amazing! :drool: GORGEOUS progress! :love:

::: Going off to price juicers:::

imstush

Like others have said it could be a mixture of all that you stated. The carrot juice, there is a thread where people attributed that to longer and thicker hair. Protein for me was a culprit in longer and thicker hair when I was drinking it daily, etc. Glad you are seeing benefits:)

Energist

OP: it's a combination of what you're drinking/taking, because although topical applications can help revitalize and strengthen hair that is already grown, it takes the proper combination of internal nourishment to actually make a difference in hair growth rate and texture, so yes keep it up girl :)

pinkdot's blog

imstush said:
Like others have said it could be a mixture of all that you stated. The carrot juice, there is a thread where people attributed that to longer and thicker hair. Protein for me was a culprit in longer and thicker hair when I was drinking it daily, etc. Glad you are seeing benefits:)

I have a few questions....

Do you mean protein as in Whey or Mega Whey from GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe? ( My bother has a huge container of it he doesn't even touch anymore)

If so how much did you use and what do you mix it with?

And last but not least did it make you gain weight?

WhipEffectz1

locabouthair said:
it's probably a combo of everything. but more specifically the carrot juice and b5, those are thing i herad are good for thickening. how long have u been drinking the carrot juice.

I've been drinking it for a while but consistently a couple months.

justdsp said:
Girl, your siggy pictures are amazing! GORGEOUS progress!

Thank you dear!!

ladyesquire said:
looking at the progress in your siggy, whatever it is, keep it up. you have got me thinking about carrot juice. i grew up in a household where my mom was a pro at juicing. she has skin that glows. do you juice yourself? or do you buy it from a bottle?

I juice myself. Is a drag sometimes but then I remember the benefits. Sometimes I buy the Bolthouse brand when I get lazy.

WhipEffectz1

Energist said:
OP: it's a combination of what you're drinking/taking, because although topical applications can help revitalize and strengthen hair that is already grown, it takes the proper combination of internal nourishment to actually make a difference in hair growth rate and texture, so yes keep it up girl :)

Yeah, I really don't think too much of topicals! Thanks for your feedback!

WhipEffectz1

honeybadgirl said:
whip, do you juice your own carrots? i was doing that carrot challenge but i guess i slacked off. biotin helps to thicken my hair up to. years ago when i was taking it i had to stop because my hair was waaay out there thick!:)
i notice now that i have to wax my brows more now too. hair keeps sprouting out. i'm constantly reshaping them:grin:

I juice my own carrots!

anky said:
It's the B Vitamin stuff

You think sooooooooooo?????

WhipEffectz1

abenyo said:
do you do whole head baggy or just the ends?

also do you use BT?

Most of the time I baggy the whole head. I presently use MTG so sparingly and that's only because I've been having the bottle for almost 2 years and I am tired of it sitting on my shelf!

CurleeDST

oh carrot juice definitely keeps skin clear put some ginger and apple in it as well, yum.

WhipEffectz1 said:
I was thinking it was the carrot juice. My skin is glowing and absolutly no acne and I attribute that to the b-5!!!!!! Yes!!!!!! Nice hair and skin finally!!!!!:p

imstush

I have a few questions....

Do you mean protein as in Whey or Mega Whey from GNC or The Vitamin Shoppe? ( My bother has a huge container of it he doesn't even touch anymore) Yes I use Pro Lab (there is a protein challenge around here), I purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe

If so how much did you use and what do you mix it with? I use the one in the red box which was more carbs so I only use half a pack a day, sometimes I will use a whole pack but use a half pack for breakfast (meal replacement) and the other for dinner.

And last but not least did it make you gain weight? An increase of protein will make you gain weight, but I was using it for muscle building not the increase in hair growth. I was working out 5 times a week and eating meals high in protein throughout the day. I've been trying to go back to that routine, but I'm a slacker, I always forget to drink the shake.