New Carrot Juice Hair Growth Challenge

Jakibro

I agree Isis!, I just got some carrots,apples and spinach yesterday....The bolthouse juices aren't bad, I'm sure I'll buy again....

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I don't know if it's been mentioned but I HAVE to share. To make it short: I never had the post partem shedding. My baby is now 5 months. A week ago I began shedding horribly--there was hair everywhere--the floor, my clothes, the baby--all day no matter how many times a brushed it away. I started to get alarmed & frustrated. Anyway this thread had popped back up just in time, and reminded me that I had stopped drinking carrot juice for about 10 days or so. Ladies, I RACED to buy several more bottles and began drinking it 3 times a day to counteract the shedding. After just two days, no shedding. I am now drinking it 2x a day to be on the safe side. Just wanted to let you know, carrot juice REALLY DOES WORK!

Valerie

I would like to join, today I got a V8 100% vegetable juice, with tomato, carrot, celery, beetroot, parsley and lettuce. I had one amount this afternoon and one amount tonight.

girlyprincess23

has this challenge restarted or is it not a challenge just a do it if you want and post results?!?!!?:grin:.......1 second though do we have to have a juicer tp juice it or can we just blend it up and add some water or ice or protein or whatever?

Last edited:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I agree Isis!, I just got some carrots,apples and spinach yesterday....The bolthouse juices aren't bad, I'm sure I'll buy again....

I :love: the Bolthouse juices! my faves are the Carrot, Passionfruit and Green Goodness. The Vedge is good as well! They have an Organic Carrot Juice too.

Jassy28

Hello Ladies,
Are you still drinking carrot juice? I came past this thread yesterday and decided to pick some up today. I dont care for it but if it will benefit my hair and skin among other things, I'm for it! How long before you saw results, and how much do you drink a day? TIA Jassy

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Hello Ladies,
Are you still drinking carrot juice? I came past this thread yesterday and decided to pick some up today. I dont care for it but if it will benefit my hair and skin among other things, I'm for it! How long before you saw results, and how much do you drink a day? TIA Jassy

Hi Jassy28!
I drink a liter 2-3x a week. I am drinking the Bolthouse brand and we are thinking about juicing our own. SO is thinking he wants to go vegetarian for a year:rolleyes:.

_belle

I bought some yesterday. . . and it was absolutely disgusting. I don't even LIKE carrots. I don't know what in tarnations I was thinking. im soooo jealous of you guys tho. i REALLY wanted to try it. :nono:

Jassy28

Belle, Try mixing it with another juice, one of the ladies posted that she mixes hers with OJ. I didnt like it much either, so I think Im just joing to mix it with other stuff. HTH

I bought some yesterday. . . and it was absolutely disgusting. I don't even LIKE carrots. I don't know what in tarnations I was thinking. im soooo jealous of you guys tho. i REALLY wanted to try it. :nono:

Jassy28

Wow 2-3 liters per wk. Hmmm... Wonder if I can do that, Maybe Ill try to at least drink 1 liter per wk. :yep: Oh and good luck to the SO :grin:
Hi Jassy28!
I drink a liter 2-3x a week. I am drinking the Bolthouse brand and we are thinking about juicing our own. SO is thinking he wants to go vegetarian for a year:rolleyes:.

2Cute!

I completely forgot about this challenge.... but I have been drinking carrot juice and did notice a growth spurt in my hair. I haven't drank it regularly in about 2 -3 weeks, but I picked up two bottles on Sunday and am going to start again. I just recently trimmed 2", so I'll see how fast I gain it back over the next several months.

Does anyone else have any results to share?

lila_baby

Bell u might wanna try holding ur nose and drinking it all really fast ! I know this is not the way u'd imagine drinking it but I'm not a fan either and when I do drink carrots that's how I do it so I don't have to taste it!

Lioness

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread!!! I looooove carrot juice. I love the way it tastes too :lick:

Three years ago, I prayed to God to show me how I could encourage healthy hair growth via healthy and natural means...He told me "Carrot Juice" (at this time I had NEVER heard of the significance of carrot juice and the effect it can have on hair growth/thickness). But I followed His lead, and started drinking carrot juice. I started eating the little carrot battons, to get me used to the taste :laugh:

I then started drinking carrot juice that came pre-made in bottles, then I became cost effective and bought a juicer to juice my own carrots. I drink from 600ml to 5 litres (sometimes up to 7 litres) per week. At one point my palms went orange :lachen: My mum was like, "You're drinking too much....stop drinking it for a while, child!." .

With me, carrot juice influences the thickness of my hair. When I first started drinking it, my new growth was really thick and wavy...verrry healthy. I could actually tell a noticable difference in the texture and quality of the new growth :yep:

Insomuch as the growth rate, carrot juice makes my growth rate consistent. As long as I'm drinking carrot juice, my hair is growing at a minimum of 3/4" per month without vitamins/growth aides etc.

Having now looked at health articles regarding carrot juice, there is an array of health benefits.

Sorry if that was too long :blah: Thanks for reading

guudhair

I've been drinking carrot juice just about everyday since around Oct 07...since then, I've have BC in Nov and in Dec I stopped taking vitamins and starting mixing chlorophyll in my carrot juice...I'm not sure if these two things have help with my hair's texture and/or growth rate but I do know that my hair is very black so one (or both) of these is/are the reason for this and I love it.

Jassy28

Lioness and guudhair, I am so happy that you are seeing such good results. I wish I liked it more, but I am still drinking at least 4oz per day. Im going to try to drink more neck week. I have to find something good to mix it with. Maybe I should just eat carrots? Oh, and Lioness your hair looks very black in your avatar I love it.

Irresistible

bumpity bump!

good info! plus I'm thinking of trying this! Just read something on it recently being very good for your skin too

Sui Topi

I think so, but It would take longer for your body to absorb what it needed and you to see results. When its in liquid form, it goes right into your blood stream

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Wow 2-3 liters per wk. Hmmm... Wonder if I can do that, Maybe Ill try to at least drink 1 liter per wk. :yep: Oh and good luck to the SO :grin:

You can! Don't forget to exercise! I gained a lot of weight and carrot juice wasn't helping with that! Carrot juice is high in natural sugar, so be careful. :yep:

As for SO :rolleyes:, he hasn't mentioned being vegetarian again.
He's so fickle! :ohwell:

Christelyn

I love carrot juice, but too much vitamin A can be toxic to the body. I remember drinking so much that I turned orange!

Duchesse

I remember this thread! Lol, I think i joined but I still haven't bought a juicer, that was over a year ago.

Denise11

I love carrot juice, but too much vitamin A can be toxic to the body. I remember drinking so much that I turned orange!

More vitamin A in the form of natural food is not toxic like vitamin A in pill form (vitamin suppliment) is.

It's just like too much iron is toxic to the body, when taken in pill or liquid form. But it's not toxic when you get it from your food.

Last edited: