"Something is making your new growth thicker," said my stylist!!!!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
dynamic1 said:
My guess would be the B5. I had to ease back at one point. Have you noticed any changes in your skin (for the better). B5 was awesome for my face.

ETA: I think I will re-up on the B-5 and deal with the thicker hair. I had a glowing skin flashback!

Biotin, B-5 (pantothenic acid), B-50 Complex...

All B vitamins seem to make hair and nails thicker and healthier. I am convinced of this. I take all three and I've had to get my nails done every two weeks. My manicurist/technician raves about how healthy my nails are and how often I have to get them cut down because they literally grow longer every two weeks. My NG is extremely thick and I wonder if I'll be able to stretch my relaxer through the summer. My hair is fine and I hate the look of my NG and roots being thick and poofy, but my ends still look fine. But I realize that it's because of my NG and the ends are doing well. No breakage or anything like that.

Carrots have beta carotene in them and are good for you, but for me, they have lots of sugar. If you're diabetic and/or trying to cut back on the sugar, be mindful of fruits and veggies that contain sugar. Well...it's not *bad* sugar, but too much of anything is bad.

Congratulations on all of your success! :dance7:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
WillyGWifey said:
I noticed that once: my sophmore year in highschool: i ran track so I drank plenty of water: i noticed my new growth was more hydrated and fuller/thicker: Maybe someone should start a DRINK 64oz of H2O a Day Challenge

I drink about 70 ounce of water daily because I workout a lot, sweat a lot, and it's HOOOTTTTT!!! I truly believe in the wonders and benefits of H20. I asked if there was a water challenge already. If not, someone should definitely start one, as this is summertime and we all need our water...;)

Leshia

WhipEffectz1 said:
So I went to my stylist today because I was accompanying my SO to a special event. She gave my a wash/shampoo, hydration treatment, and the usual flatiron. However, this time when she was finished blowdrying my hair, she was like, "I am trying to understand why your new growth is thicker because you have like 3-4 inches of hair that is thicker than the remaining length!". I told her that I didn't know what it was because I drink ingest carrot juice, protein, b-5, and biotin. So she was like, "Whatever you're doing keep doing it because your hair is medium fine and your new growth is thick!" So this got me to thinking...............what exactly is contributing to all that thick new growth???? Personally, I think its the carrot juice.

Could be one, could be the combination because they're all good vits to have in your regimen -- awesome! Um, how'd you get all those pics in your siggy?? :look:

WhipEffectz1

Leshia said:
Could be one, could be the combination because they're all good vits to have in your regimen -- awesome! Um, how'd you get all those pics in your siggy?? :look:

I resized them on Microsoft Photo Editor, uploaded them to www.phototrail.com, and then copied the image url for forums into the user control panel!

pinayprincess

for those who drink carrot juice, have u tried the jamaican food joints that have the carrot juice in milk? It tastes really good, and they give you 16 oz. It's pretty expensive though.

WhipEffectz1

pinayprincess said:
for those who drink carrot juice, have u tried the jamaican food joints that have the carrot juice in milk? It tastes really good, and they give you 16 oz. It's pretty expensive though.

I wish I knew where to get it down here!!! It sounds delicious!!!

divinefavor

Whip, girl you know I love you and your hair!!! Congratulations on your growth progress!!! Your hair is gorgeous!!! Keep up the good work, girlie!!!

MzPrince

Whip, thanks again for the advice and I've got to break out the juicer. Still sitting in the box over a year now.:lol:

Leshia

thanks for the pic info! Oh, and Whip, when I started juicing regularly, I lost 10lbs (and my skin was flawless)...just some food for thought! Thanks, again, and great job!

XXXtacy

Whip!!!

Thanks so much for this post. I need to thicken my tresses. I will definitely be incorporating B5, and carrot juice into my diet. :clap: