Sore Scalp

AgapeQueen

My scalp is sore where my hair is thinning :ohwell:...has this ever happened to you? What can I do to control the hair loss? I'm tr:ohwell:ying MTG, but it dies not seem to be filling in this spot at the top of my head, it is reall embarrassing to be so young with a thinning crown:wallbash:

AwesomelyNappy

is it more tender or sore? are you wearing ponies or buns (or doing anything that is causing tension) in the area of the sorenes?

i hope some of the thinning experts will chime in for you.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
You may wanna nix the MTG for now until you figure out what the problem may be. DO you wear a fall or a phony pony? Wearing it in the same place can cause stress and breakage in that area, especially if you are wearing a tight ponytail.

KAT25

I know the MN is the bomb mixed with some Sulfer 8 grease and castor oil and other misc oils will have that area filling in but if you wanna order some stuff you can get some BT it is the bomb too from www.growthspecifics.com

:bighug: I am so sorry to hear about the thinning my front has been thinning too but I have been using the MN mix and BT and it has really helped it I think my front hair line has moved down too!! The BT is not joke on growth but again I am so sorry that you are going through this and you are not alone I am only 26 and it is not funny :bighug:

AgapeQueen

thanks ladies...I do not wear any styles that add tension. I am a stay at home mom. Most of the time my hair is out with conditoner in it under a satin scaf. In the past I wore half weaves with only expoing the top part of my hair adding daily amounts of high heat to that area, but that was over a year ago and the problem seems to be geting worse.

TwistNMx

I know that many years ago when my hair was relaxed, I had thinning ends. It wasn't until I decided to stay away from hair stylists and keep my hair natural that my crown filled in. Thanks to LHCF and MTG.
HTH

AgapeQueen

I know that many years ago when my hair was relaxed, I had thinning ends. It wasn't until I decided to stay away from hair stylists and keep my hair natural that my crown filled in. Thanks to LHCF and MTG.
HTH
MTG is working on my length and filling in some areas...although it seems to neglect my crown?:ohwell:

AgapeQueen

Hmm...do you stretch your relaxers? If you stretch to long, it could cause breakage for some ladies...
that may be one of the cases...my last relaxer was 7/14, I just have been hesitaing to see how long I coud strech....I just may need to touch up...what is a texlax? is it better for our hair?

AwesomelyNappy

do you massage the MTG into to scalp in the crown area?

what about vatika oil? i've read people rave over how it helped fill in thin areas. maybe massaging it into the scalp will help.

also, maybe taking vitamins (biotin, sea kelp, msm, b-complex, flaxseed... etc) might help.

i know for me, when i let myself get stressed out, that it takes its toll on my hair. maybe stress could be causing it too?

also, i wanted to ask what chemicals are you putting in your hair? maybe you need to clarify your hair and scalp... maybe apple cider vinegar rinses after most washes will help sooth the scalp... maybe it could be bacterial (if so, maybe coconut oil or tea tree oil scalp massages could help).

hope this helps!! (and i hope you find and fix the cause of the soreness and thinning... i know how it feels, and it sucks hard)

camosil

Agape Queen this sounds similar to what I had. My dermatologist told me it was a type of alopecia or inflamed follicles.The hair begins to fall out. Mine started as an itch and then tenderness and soreness. But this black dermatologist began giving me topical treatments which he mixed himself to apply on the scalp this helped plus he was giving me liquid nitrogen treatments which helps the hair to grow back. I have not had the itching or soreness in a while and I have not gone to see him since the beginning of the year pluis I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PROBLEMS. I STILL PLAN TO GO SEE HIM TO GET A TREATMENT AND GET AN UPDATE FROM HIM AS TO HOW MY SCALP IS DOING.

So girl go see that drmatologist before your hair falls out. I wish I had gone to see him sooner, but I did not know any better. I thought it was just bad hair treatment and stress. Also I had to stay away from relaxers for a while until he said it was okay. He advised against strong relaxers especially if they burn, he said the strength of the relaxer should be to the extent where it does not irritate the scalp in any way or else the healing process takes longer.

He advised me to try phytospecific and it truly does not burn my hair.

So Hope this helps. Also I think keeping your hair clean as often as possible will help also.

AgapeQueen

do you massage the MTG into to scalp in the crown area?

what about vatika oil? i've read people rave over how it helped fill in thin areas. maybe massaging it into the scalp will help.

also, maybe taking vitamins (biotin, sea kelp, msm, b-complex, flaxseed... etc) might help.

i know for me, when i let myself get stressed out, that it takes its toll on my hair. maybe stress could be causing it too?

also, i wanted to ask what chemicals are you putting in your hair? maybe you need to clarify your hair and scalp... maybe apple cider vinegar rinses after most washes will help sooth the scalp... maybe it could be bacterial (if so, maybe coconut oil or tea tree oil scalp massages could help).

hope this helps!! (and i hope you find and fix the cause of the soreness and thinning... i know how it feels, and it sucks hard)

this will reaaly help, I do not massage the MTG, I apply it with a app brush, although I do massage it in y sides and they are growin in. I take hair skin and nails multi vit/ herb, iorn, and a prenatal multi vit/herb. I only use mane N' tail line MTG, co oil, olive oil, vit e oil, honey, for a pre poo or a weekly treatment. I MTG 5 days a week.

AgapeQueen

Agape Queen this sounds similar to what I had. My dermatologist told me it was a type of alopecia or inflamed follicles.The hair begins to fall out. Mine started as an itch and then tenderness and soreness. But this black dermatologist began giving me topical treatments which he mixed himself to apply on the scalp this helped plus he was giving me liquid nitrogen treatments which helps the hair to grow back. I have not had the itching or soreness in a while and I have not gone to see him since the beginning of the year pluis I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PROBLEMS. I STILL PLAN TO GO SEE HIM TO GET A TREATMENT AND GET AN UPDATE FROM HIM AS TO HOW MY SCALP IS DOING.

So girl go see that drmatologist before your hair falls out. I wish I had gone to see him sooner, but I did not know any better. I thought it was just bad hair treatment and stress. Also I had to stay away from relaxers for a while until he said it was okay. He advised against strong relaxers especially if they burn, he said the strength of the relaxer should be to the extent where it does not irritate the scalp in any way or else the healing process takes longer.

He advised me to try phytospecific and it truly does not burn my hair.

So Hope this helps. Also I think keeping your hair clean as often as possible will help also.

I have thought about going to a dermatologist, I just put it off thinking it is stress, and bad hair care. I need to go:perplexed

TwistNMx

MTG is working on my length and filling in some areas...although it seems to neglect my crown?:ohwell:
I'm sorry to hear that.
If this were happening to me knowing what I know now, I would not get anymore relaxers. But if you must, I would say to whomever is doing it to not leave it on as long on that area. :yep:
IMO

SignatureBeauty

I have this same problem and what I do is give it a good daily massage and you must stretch those relaxers, I just bought the hair balm from growthspecifics because it has sulfur and peppermint to stimulate, I also deep condition weekly and I also do an herbal rinse made of fresh herbs, My scalp was the same way when I was Natural and when I became relaxed but since I have been doing that it feels alot better, but my head always get sore from time to time, but when it feels like this, It is telling me that I am doing too much or not enough for my scalp care.

Make sure that you base youe scalp too before doing your relaxer that is very important, I make sure to do it on the spot that is sensitive I rub Vaseline on it really good.

But if it gets too bad go see a derm, I also have been under alot of stress so I have upped my B Complex Vitamins and Vitamin C.

Good Luck to you and I hope your scalp feels better. I know for me it has nothing to do with being Natural or Relaxed it is just how my scalp is, could be other proudcts too ie. shampoo, hard water, treatments etc.

napgurl

You might be going through a growth spurt. Due a search and you will see other members that had sore crowns experienced increased growth a few weeks later. As their hair was getting ready to sprout out of the scalp. The MTG might be getting you on the brink of extreme thickness. :yep:

Aveena

you may have inflammed follicles. Try Aloe Vera it is very soothing and will help with inflammation if that is the culprit.

Last edited:

pinkstileto

I had this same thing to happen to me long ago and recently. The first time my scalp was damage from over processing my crown and allowing the relaxer to stay on to long. My hair became very thin in this area prompting me to look for solutions on the web. Stretching my relaxer and washing frequently has help. This problem recently came back but this time it was just itching like crazy causing me to scratch my scalp:wallbash: I knew exactly what it was. It was the BT!!!! A growth spirit was coming on and it was to much for my follicles I guess. I stop puting anything on my scalp and in two days the itching had stopped. My suggestion to you is to stop puting anything on your scalp and clarify. Shampoo with conditioning shampoo after clarifying and then use a very moisturizing conditioner. Do this twice a week. Let your scalp breath do not wear a whole head baggy to bed. A satin cap is OK. If this does not work you should definitely seek medical attention.

Goodluck!:ohwell:

SandySea

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I agree with the other ladies here who stated that you should go see a dermatologist. If you're not wearing any styles that are tight on that area or know of some other definite cause, you should see a doctor. At the least, if it's nothing, you'll probably feel less worried about it. If it is something, you don't want to let more time pass. Put your mind at ease and go see a doc. Then try all the other remedies.