Sore Under My wig....

DrC

I wear my hair in braids under my wig, and when I take it off, my nape and sides are very sore which is due to the combs attached to the wig. Would greatly appreciate suggestions on preventing this in the future.

ellcee34

That used to happen to me, too! So, I took all the combs out, and just left the elastic bra-like strap that clasps at the back. I use about 2 bobby pins in the front (one near each ear), and if I want for extra security I put another 2 in the back. I keep my satin scarf on under (not a wig cap!) and that ensures that my hair (especially my edges) are protected and not dried out. The most important step is taking the combs out...they're just not worth the damage they cause. Bobby pins work jusst fine.

Nayna

Unbothered
I agree with the above posters. Cut the combs off and use bobby pins. Wig clips are pretty safe too. I would wear a stocking cap and clip them to the cap instead of my hair.

DrC

Take them out and put a strap in the back instead.

That used to happen to me, too! So, I took all the combs out, and just left the elastic bra-like strap that clasps at the back. I use about 2 bobby pins in the front (one near each ear), and if I want for extra security I put another 2 in the back. I keep my satin scarf on under (not a wig cap!) and that ensures that my hair (especially my edges) are protected and not dried out. The most important step is taking the combs out...they're just not worth the damage they cause. Bobby pins work jusst fine.

I agree with the above posters. Cut the combs off and use bobby pins. Wig clips are pretty safe too. I would wear a stocking cap and clip them to the cap instead of my hair.

Thanks everyone!! Do I just cut them out or I can pull them without messing up my wig..?? I never used the strap before.