sorry to all the pjs but....

NAY007

you just have to try this conditioner
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=53066&catid=10333&trx=PLST-0-SRCH&trxp2=53066&trxp3=1&btrx=BUY-PD-PLST-0-SRCH

i tried it yesterday for the first time and my hair came out so soft and detangled. i really like it a lot. i give it a ten and i will definitely continue using it and buyin g it again.it's great. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
nay /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now you know I didn't need to see this....something that is great and cheap... oh well...
/images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Nay007 Have you tried the Elucence before and if so how would you compare the 2. I'm nearly out of my elucence but I don't want to order another becuase the shipping was too much, so I'm looking for a cheap but effective conditioner to take it's place. Luckily I can get hold of the St Ives brand over here.

LondonDiva,

Do you have access to Rusk products? If so, think about trying Rusk Calm 60-second Hair Revive. I find it more moisturizing than Elucence. It contains some protein, but I don't consider it a protein conditioner, per se, as it leaves the hair very soft and moisturized.

Tee, sorry I don't have access to getting Rusk products. /images/graemlins/nono.gif Thanks for the recommendation anyhow. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

londondiva,

no i have never tried elucence because of the shipping cost. but since the st. ives is not that expensive you could give it a try. even if it does not work for you at least you didn't pay an arm and a leg. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

True, /images/graemlins/smile.gif I'll search for it next week. If I don't like it I'll throw it out like I did the pantene.

Nay007:

Thanks!

Sounds good, but I want someone here to tell me what the second and third ingredient is for Elucence. I ask this because I notice that with the St. Ives, their both alcohol. Won't that eventually dry out your hair? Nay, did you use it as a deep conditioner under a hooded dryer?

gabrielle_union.jpg

Now girl, you know I'm trying to control my PJ urges and you show me this?/images/graemlins/whyme.gifYou know I'm going to try it!!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif (Thanks Nay007 /images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Looks yummy! /images/graemlins/lick.gif St. Ives stuff usually smells good, too. I used to a conditioner they made that was real 'pepperminty'. I can't find it anymore...

Cetyl and stearyl alchohol are ok for hair. They are used as lubricants and thickeners. SD Alchohol 40 and Isopropyl alchohol are the ones you want to avoid.

I have the Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner and the second and third ingredients are hexadeconal and stearakonium chloride. Actually, there are about 5 or 6 'herby' things mentioned first, (ginseng, brewer's yeast, peach extract...) but I consider them part of the purified water.

Nay i would have to agree with you the conditoner is great i use the whole line i highly recommmend it!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

marabou1,

no i didn't use it under a hooded dryer. the day before i had worn my hair curly and it was very tangled from that. so i did a hot oil treatment (olive+soybeanoil+honey) then washed twice and then put in the conditioner. while i had the conditioner in i detangled my hair with my comb. and that took quite some time (maybe 5-10 min) but i wouldn't call it a deep treatment. but next time i will leave it in for a longer time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

londondiva,

do you really throw the conditioners that your hair didn't like away? i use the ones i hated for shaving my legs and my legs come out soooo soft. as a matter of fact i don't even use my shaving gel anymore cause i like the conditioner better. if i used all the ones i have in my cabinet i will continue buying cheap conditioners (suave for example) that smell great and use them for shaving. if you haven't tried it yet you really should /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Nay i just sent you a pm on this product and i use this as a deep conditoner it has to remain a little longer in your hair it works better that way /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow ladies, use conditioners you don't like for shaving and fabric softner. I learn so much here. I use the shampoos on my BF dog. LOL /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Well thanks for the tip. I'll try that next time I get a crappy hair product. I like the fabric softner tip also.

Damn /images/graemlins/mad.gif now I wish I had some crappy conditioner on hand to try this one out.

Back