SOS!!! For 3b/c Texturized

Ok, I usual get my hair texturized/ silked 3-4 times a year but my stylist has me on the twice a year (last touch up was Oct 02). I only wear my hair curly, unless I go to the salon on those every so rare occasions. This problem appeared about a month ago, since having my last salon blow out/trim. My hair is getting ultra tangled: not at the roots but the ends. It seams to be happening while it is dry. Even on the days I do not wash or after I have done a 2 hr. detangling session by early evening I touch my hair and “they” are there. It seems to be the hair that is shed gets "caught" and creates major bottlenecks. My hair feels soft but these tangles are out of control. Any suggestions? -Would a reconstructor or intense moisture treatment be helpful? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I appreciate all input

Boadicea

Even with reconstructors and moisture treatments, hair still may tangle. how are you sleeping on your hair at night? Do you tie it up or leave it out? Whenever you wash your hair, do you get all of the shedded hair our by combing first and then doing a finger-comb after?

Boadicea,
To be honest, I have never combed out before washing.***oops** /images/graemlins/blush.gif. I never had to before. Won't this hurt? I have never combed my hair without it being wet~~ouch. Nonetheless, I will implement this effective immediately. I will try it this weekend.
Thanks

Boadicea

Oh, I was just asking, the get more infor on what is is that you do to detaingle your hair. You may not need to do so before washingit, I just know people who like to do it before washing their hair. They do it while the hot oil is stillin their hair so it has some slip. I would do it myself but I forget. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif It just helps to ease out the hairs that were going to shed in the first place.

If you do it gently and with a detangler and start from the bottom and work your way to the roots, it shouldn't hurt.

Boadicea,
Thank you /images/graemlins/smile.gif...I am going to try it this Sunday.I was afraid that maybe the blow out was really a burned out? And an ER burn unit might be required. I have not had a recontructor in a while (more than 6 months I think? /images/graemlins/frown.gif). So, I may still do one this weekend as well. I want to get a 2nd, 3rd,and 15th opinion from my hair expert team @ LHCF.

Brownie

I feel your pain. 2 hrs--I've tried to get tangles out for days. Lately, we've had a few posts around here (on the board) about tangles. Just go back a few days. By the way, I'm curious about something. When your hair was natural (without a relaxer or texturizer), did it go straight when you first put water on it and then a few minutes later it became really curly? Thanks!!1

Thanks Brownie,
For the support /images/graemlins/grin.gif!! Great idea, I will check through the previous posts again. I PM’d EmeraldSky as her post from earlier this week sounds like my situation to a T. The “Traciee Ross” sounds worth a try too: must get a brush.

Sorry for the rambling Brownie /images/graemlins/smirk.gif, now on to your question. natural or relaxed my hair responds the same. It straightens out considerably when wet and as it begins to dry gets curlier and curlier.