SouthernGirl: Vitale Users: I love Ya

delp

I just relaxed my (80%natural/relaxed(underprocessed tips))hair. Life and body is the best relaxer I have ever used. I applied it for 15min. and experience NO BURN. Only tingle i got was behind my ears after 10min. (I did not grease that area). My hair was not bone straight because I used petroleum based heavy grease as my base. I thought i would burn so I based with something very heavy. My hair came out with alittle curliness.

Southern girl, does this happen to you-not bone straight? or was it the petroleum?

Overall, I am happy because a lye relaxer was able to remain on my hair for over 5min. with no burn.

Only problem: I did my entire head(corrective relaxer). I am slow in applying relaxers. Half and half don't work because I get the other side wet. How do I do the back? How can I self relax. Is there a mirror, or something special that can help me out?

Vitale life and body works. ( I have dermatitis. This is a miracle to me).

hopeful

Thanks for posting. I'm thinking about trying this. I think SouthernGirl has self-relaxing tips on her fotki. I use a mirror to do the back of my head. I use one that has a large clip and a flexible thingy so you can position the mirror right. I clip it onto my shower door. LOL it's a lot of work but it's worth it. I also once used a full-length mirror with it's own stand but the smaller mirror works better.

ETA: The self-relaxing tips can be found in her fotki album in the journals section.

Last edited:

jasmin

It's pretty gentle isn't it. The original formula has aloe vera as the 2nd ingredient(blue and white jar). The new one in the beige/brown has it as the last ingredient. Which one did you use?

delp

i saw the brown jar but decided not to buy it. So, I brought the blue and white jar. I was very very surprised at how good it was.

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I am so happy to see that you found something that does not burn,:D , I don't know if you would like to have it straighter, but if so put about 8 cornrows in your hair and that should make basing the scalp only a little easier. Also, you can try the Sensitive scalp by ampro, I believe it has menthol in it, but it's really light.
delp said:
I just relaxed my (80%natural/relaxed(underprocessed tips))hair. Life and body is the best relaxer I have ever used. I applied it for 15min. and experience NO BURN. Only tingle i got was behind my ears after 10min. (I did not grease that area). My hair was not bone straight because I used petroleum based heavy grease as my base. I thought i would burn so I based with something very heavy. My hair came out with alittle curliness.

Southern girl, does this happen to you-not bone straight? or was it the petroleum?

Overall, I am happy because a lye relaxer was able to remain on my hair for over 5min. with no burn.

Only problem: I did my entire head(corrective relaxer). I am slow in applying relaxers. Half and half don't work because I get the other side wet. How do I do the back? How can I self relax. Is there a mirror, or something special that can help me out?

SouthernGirl

Congratulations Delp :dance7:

And thanks for the shout!! By now you have probably seen my self-relax tips. If not, here they are: http://journals.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/
All my tips are there, just scroll down to get the the relaxer part.

Jasmin made a great point - the white jar (one I use) has Aloe Vera listed way up top. I attribute this to the gentleness of the relaxer. Either way, I guess both are pretty gentle. Glad it worked out for ya!!!

Regarding your question, my hair is bone straight!!! The only under-processed areas I have are are in my nape, and I do that on purpose. I don't use vaseline as a base typically - I'll use any old grease I have laying around. I don't coat my scalp nearly as much as you described, which may attribute to your underprocessed areas. Sounds like a good thing though - I sometimes wish my hair was not relaxed bone straight.

SG

czyfaith77

Has anyone used Vitale for coarse hair? If so, does it burn? I have tried the regular formula. I liked it and my hair turned out pretty good but, my roots are still a little thicker than I would like them to be. Please let me have your imput. I still want to give Vitale a chance. Thanks! :)

syze6

I use Vitale Life and body in the brown jar and I love it! I was using no-lye since college. I see and feel a difference. My hair is soft and it has a sheen to it. I used it on my daughter hair and I love the results.

Vitale has this basing gel out and it works wonders! It didn't burn my daughter or me. It allows you to straighten without underprocessing due to burning. I am sticking with this one.

I apply the jojoba oil afterwards and go!

jasmin

SouthernGirl said:
Congratulations Delp :dance7:

And thanks for the shout!! By now you have probably seen my self-relax tips. If not, here they are: http://journals.fotki.com/SouthernGirlz/
All my tips are there, just scroll down to get the the relaxer part.

Jasmin made a great point - the white jar (one I use) has Aloe Vera listed way up top. I attribute this to the gentleness of the relaxer. Either way, I guess both are pretty gentle. Glad it worked out for ya!!!

Regarding your question, my hair is bone straight!!! The only under-processed areas I have are are in my nape, and I do that on purpose. I don't use vaseline as a base typically - I'll use any old grease I have laying around. I don't coat my scalp nearly as much as you described, which may attribute to your underprocessed areas. Sounds like a good thing though - I sometimes wish my hair was not relaxed bone straight.

SG

Hey Southerngirl,

Which vitale burned you a little. Was it the mo body sensitive one?

delp

On the back of the life and body jar it says the relaxer is for fine and medium hair textures and recommend 15min. But, it did say if YOU have COARSE hair just leave it in an additional 3minutes. total of 18min.

czyfaith77 said:
Has anyone used Vitale for coarse hair? If so, does it burn? I have tried the regular formula. I liked it and my hair turned out pretty good but, my roots are still a little thicker than I would like them to be. Please let me have your imput. I still want to give Vitale a chance. Thanks! :)

BAILEYSCREAM

delp said:

Yeah, I love the Vitale Life and body too....I switched from a texturizer kit back in April/May this year or longer (I think) and I love the way this relaxer texturizes my hair, it is full and has a lot of body. I tried out the regular formula in the new packaging on my mother's hair last night and she is overjoyed. My mother's hair is fine and we relax it. I have medium textured hair and I texturize it and I haven't yet tried out the new formula on my own hair (I will be doing a touch-up with it today).

It's a great texturizer and relaxer, depends on your choice. :up: :up:

Now, applying to much grease/base to your hair, while it protects, it will slow down the processing of the chemical and so will need to be left on longer to get your hair fully straight if that is what you desire. I advise that you apply the vaseline or whatever all the way around your hairline, I get burns easily on my ears so I put alot on my ears.:)

Having a big wall mounted mirror in the bathroom is a good idea, use this mirror so you can see the back and then use another mirror in front and that way you can easily see what you're doing.

Last edited:

jasmin

Hey bailey...I think we're both on the same path. Did you just switch from Designer Touch. I had to switch. I really love the feel of DT but my hair reverted way too soon. Now me hubby uses DT and his hair is soo nice now. Better than those cheap box relaxers.

I just tested the newly package Life and Body and I love it. I double checked and it's the same ingredients. The only difference is the fact the aloe vera is listed as the 2nd ingredient on the original and last on the new one. Feels the same.

Last edited:

cocowhite

I just tried Vitale life and body in the blue jar back in August and it burned a little, but that was my error, one my hair was still damp (two days air drying) and two I didn't base my scalp, because I was so used to not doing that when I started relaxing with childrens perms...However, I am going to give it another chance and base my scalp the second time around and see what happens.

SouthernGirl

jasmin said:
Hey Southerngirl,

Which vitale burned you a little. Was it the mo body sensitive one?

Hey Jas,

I'm trying to find a picture of it because I'm not sure it was the sensitive one. I know it was in a brown jar - has to be Mo Body. I'll keep looking and post a pic if I find it.

SG

BAILEYSCREAM

jasmin said:
Hey bailey...I think we're both on the same bath. Did you just switch from Designer Touch. I had to switch. I really love the feel of DT but my hair reverted way too soon. Now me hubby uses DT and his hair is soo nice now. Better than those cheap box relaxers.

I just tested the newly package Life and Body and I love it. I double checked and it's the same ingredients. The only difference is the fact the aloe vera is listed as the 2nd ingredient on the original and last on the new one. Feels the same.

Hi Jasmin,

I used to use S-curl texturizer, regular formula but I don't anymore because my hair wasn't coming out right.

The new life and body formula is very good (my mother can't praise it enough, her hair looks very silky and still has a wave to it...I still haven't done my touch-up yet as I planned to do a few days ago (I have to do it myself), but I am pretty sure it will work out ok because my mother and I both use the same relaxer/texturizers.:)

secretdiamond

I bought a jar, but won't be relaxing until 2 weeks. I'm really worried that I will use it and love it because it looks like they are changing the formula (the brown jar). I like the white jar's ingredients better since aloe is at the top of the list. The brown one has it on the bottom. Does anyone know for sure if they are just phasing out the old formula completely? Because if I like it, and they are keeping this new jar, I dunno what I'm gonna do.

Last edited:

Angelicus

Vitale doesn't burn on me (except for the last time, and that was after 26 minutes). I have left that stuff on for more than 35 minutes without my scalp burning. Unfortunately, it does not get my hair as straight as I would like it.

simone103

I use the vitale life and body in the brown jar, and it doesn't burn. So if people are using the one in the white jar and saying it doesn't burn, then maybe there's really not much of a difference between the two.

secretdiamond

simone103 said:
I use the vitale life and body in the brown jar, and it doesn't burn. So if people are using the one in the white jar and saying it doesn't burn, then maybe there's really not much of a difference between the two.

To me, the difference is not in burning. I don't get burned easily b/c I'm very cautious. For me, it's about the dryness and stiffness and thinness that can occur with getting a relaxer. I feel like the aloe would ease this, but with the new formula, I dunno how effective the aloe can really be with it being one of the last ingredients.

BAILEYSCREAM

secretdiamond said:
I bought a jar, but won't be relaxing until 2 weeks. I'm really worried that I will use it and love it because it looks like they are changing the formula (the brown jar). I like the white jar's ingredients better since aloe is at the top of the list. The brown one has it on the bottom. Does anyone know for sure if they are just phasing out the old formula completely? Because if I like it, and they are keeping this new jar, I dunno what I'm gonna do.

My advice is, if you like the old formula better then buy it in bulk because they have the new packaging now and new/revised formula.

jasmin

There isn't a difference. The only difference is the order of the products listed. On the white jar the aloe vera is the 2nd ingredient. On the brown one aloe vera is last.

BAILEYSCREAM

jasmin said:
There isn't a difference. The only difference is the order of the products listed. On the white jar the aloe vera is the 2nd ingredient. On the brown one aloe vera is last.

Hi Jasmin,

Although the difference isn't great, I did my touchup a few days ago as I was getting fed up and tired with my new growth and the old formula is a lot more gentle...I got a few burns on my ears this time around with the new formula despite coating my entire hairline with vaseline. Also, while my hair looks silky (texturized) and very wavy, it appears to need a lot more moisturizing than usual. Apart from that, I like it and it does the job and my ears are healing up.:lol:

Also, for those getting the new formula, look out for promotional tubs with FREE Vitale Evertone Hair color rinse, no ammonia, no peroxide in shade black - conditions and colors and covers gray hair 4 fl oz generous size too:)