SouthernGirl: Vitale Users: I love Ya

Ronda123

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Hi Jasmin,

Although the difference isn't great, I did my touchup a few days ago as I was getting fed up and tired with my new growth and the old formula is a lot more gentle...I got a few burns on my ears this time around with the new formula despite coating my entire hairline with vaseline. Also, while my hair looks silky (texturized) and very wavy, it appears to need a lot more moisturizing than usual. Apart from that, I like it and it does the job and my ears are healing up.:lol:

Thanks for the review Baileyscream. I texturized my hair a couple of days ago with the old formula and was very pleased. I will continue to try and locate the old formula because I have a very sensitive scalp that burns very easily. If I am unable to find the old formula, I will have to search for something that is a little more gentle (mild relaxer).

jasmin

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Hi Jasmin,

Although the difference isn't great, I did my touchup a few days ago as I was getting fed up and tired with my new growth and the old formula is a lot more gentle...I got a few burns on my ears this time around with the new formula despite coating my entire hairline with vaseline. Also, while my hair looks silky (texturized) and very wavy, it appears to need a lot more moisturizing than usual. Apart from that, I like it and it does the job and my ears are healing up.:lol:

Also, for those getting the new formula, look out for promotional tubs with FREE Vitale Evertone Hair color rinse, no ammonia, no peroxide in shade black - conditions and colors and covers gray hair 4 fl oz generous size too:)

I guess they changed the amount of aloe which probably made the difference.
New formula has aloe last and now for some it's not as gentle.

czyfaith77

Ok, thank you. Since my last post, I have relaxed my hair. The relaxer that I opted for was the Vitale Life and Body. However, my hair :lachen: at it. I put it in correctly and left it in the extra minutes and I still had a forest under there. So I went back and got the one for coarse hair. Loved it. I will not be using no-lye ever again. I did not burn one bit. It was as if I was using the Life and Body one. Oh and as far as the one with the aloe listed as last, it really doesn't matter. It is just how they listed the ingredients. :)

delp said:
On the back of the life and body jar it says the relaxer is for fine and medium hair textures and recommend 15min. But, it did say if YOU have COARSE hair just leave it in an additional 3minutes. total of 18min.

sassyhair

How do you know whether to use regular or super, Which vitale relaxer is everyone using, I want to know what to look for.

pharmd

SouthernGirtl,

I wanted to relax the nape, but I don't want my hair bone straight. How long do you leave the relaxer in when relaxing/texturizing the nape of your hair?

Thanks

peacelove

sassyhair said:
How do you know whether to use regular or super, Which vitale relaxer is everyone using, I want to know what to look for.

My hair is fine. I used the regular and I found it to be more like a mild (which I loved). My sister was able to smooth it through my hair and it did not make my hair jet straight nor did it burn.

gorgeoushair

I will be using the new life and body tomorrow. I was looking for the one in the blue and white jar but was unable to locate it. I probably should have gotten the one for coarse hair.... oh well I'll just have to see how this one works out.

DiamondStar

sassyhair said:

Vitale Life and Body, regular w/ Aloe. I love this relaxer- no burns, straight hair, no flaky scalp, softer new growth. And I am someone who has an extremely sensitive scalp...

simone103

sassyhair said:

I decided to use the concorde (super) one a couple of days ago because I have thick coarse hair. I've used the life and body in the past, and the only difference that I've noticed is that the concorde straightens a little faster. I left mine in for about 10-15 minutes, didn't smooth my hair and it still got it straight.

sassyhair

Thanks for the reply on whether to use super and regular. I think I will be using super I am still not sure what kind of vitale to get, I want to get my hair straight close to bone straight but exactly.

loonatick

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Hi Jasmin,

I used to use S-curl texturizer, regular formula but I don't anymore because my hair wasn't coming out right.

The new life and body formula is very good (my mother can't praise it enough, her hair looks very silky and still has a wave to it...I still haven't done my touch-up yet as I planned to do a few days ago (I have to do it myself), but I am pretty sure it will work out ok because my mother and I both use the same relaxer/texturizers.:)

Hi Baileyscream :wave: how does your hair turn out after the Scurl texturizer? Because i have used it and to look at my hair you wouldnt really think so :ohwell:
I have tried using moisturizing products to bring out my curls more but its been 16 wks and now have undefined/natural looking hair. do you think it really reverts??? only my ends on parts of my hair have the smooth wavy texture. i think i have more than 1 texture on my head anyway.

More to the point does it get better with Scurl or should i try something else?
Can i get Vitale in London?

sassyhair

I was looking at the site for this relaxer and both of them said that they are not recommended for color treated hair.

aqualung

I did my first ever successful self-relaxer using Vitale lye regular and SouthernGirl's fotki guide.

So pleased with my execution -- I stuck to the timing guide and didn't freak out and rinse early. Afterwards, my hair was soft and didn't tangle badly. Love that positivie revive conditioner. My hair is 4b, and even though I didn't smooth all the sections thoroughly, the chemical does the heavy lifting.