Speaking of NY Resolutions: Fake Hair

Naw. Not going to swear them off. They are just another accessory (sp) to me. Like shoes and earrings. Love wigs, half wigs, braids, sew-ins. I love them all. Never had a problem with them. I never will.:grin:

I love love love love my weaves!

I am wearing tree braids with a sew in. I was flatironing my hair yesterday, going over my hair five or six times with the flat iron! I was thinking that if I were to do that to MY hair, I wouldn't have ANY!

I get to be a BAD girl with my weaves, while protecting my hair underneath. Since I have HIHS (hand in hair syndrome) I'd be bald as a baby cabbage patch kid if I didn't have weaves as a protective style.

I'm using them to get to APL and then I'll be bunning, still switching it up with weaves when I want to rock straight hair.

The Proof is in my siggy....

Maybe it has to do with how you wore your hair growing up, but I have to say I agree with Adora's original post. I've never worn a weave till a little over a year ago, and I loved it...until I took it off and felt un-pretty and was left with terribly damaged hair. :perplexed I think this feeling of, "Wow, I don't look nearly as good with my natural hair", is why alot of black women pretty much live under the weave. And majority won't take care of their real hair, which makes its more and more damaged.

I never felt the need to wear a weave until my senior prom. I could rock my own hair. If you're doing it for protective styles, that's fine bc the objective is to grow out your own full, luscious head of hair. But if you think that you don't look as beautiful with your real hair...I think you should back away from the yaki. :yep:

I have only put a phoney pony on, never a weave (my scalp itches way too much to be covered). But I love weaves on other people. Its a way to change your look and it also give your hair a break. All women are wearing extensions, hair clips, weaves, its a way to up your glamour and your fabulosness (think I made that word up)! There will always be stereotypes and all that jazz.

Wear whatever the freak weave makes you happy, makes you look good and do you!

Back