Spinoff:Does Your Homemade MTG Alternative Really Work?

starz

I know that many on this board have made their own sulfur and oil concoction. Is it as effective as MTG? What were your results?

Mahalialee4

I haven't used it long enough to tell comparatively with Original MTG. But one thing...no smell!!!!!!!! I can tell since I color my hair, that I am getting at least 1/2-3/4 inch in some areas areas by the end of the third week. Since I do not relax, I may not be seeing the whole picture. I am just going by the visual gained length and not stretched. I did an overall trim about a month and a half ago and have gained most of the length back. bonjour.

BK Bombshell

I've been using mine for about a month and I'm very happy with it. No smell, I put my favorite oils in it and I know exactly what I'm putting in my hair.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
Mines been working for me.....as much I had to trim after my bc (about 6 inches due to horrible ends) I still have good growth...it's the retention that's my problem :(

HoneyDew

I used to use a sulfur mix last year sometime and it worked very well for me. I don't use it anymore, but for the few months that I did, my hair grew well.

sareca

Nope. MTG thickens thin spots for me. My sulphur enhanced oil doesn't do anything.

Mahalialee4

Sareca, what did your mix consist of,maybe it wasn't strong enough and did you leave it in long enough? bonjour

dreysonsmommy2011

My sulfur mix is working too well. I was trying to do a six month stretch, but i had to end it at 2 mo. My newgrowth was too thick and out of control. My sulfur mix is simply the Rasta Jamaican mango and lime island oil(it contains:castor oil,carrot oil,Ginkgo Nut oil,Tea tree oil,wheat germ oil,Olive oil...more oils) with about 2 tbsp of sulfur.:p

Mahalialee4

Okay. I think I can give an honest appraisal. I am experiencing lots of tingling and scalp activity all over my head, and around the edges my hair is growing out. I have a range of 1/2 in- 3/4 imch and 1 inch in the areas from the crown area, above the ears and right on th hairline. I know that I am getting growth further back but I have not really checked it. Since I have some grey pretties, it is easy to tell. I added a couple of drops of peppermint essen. oil to the sulhur mix oil last night. The scalp activity feels like I am getting a gentle scalp massage. I am really happy about this because I do not have to dread close encounters in public. bonjour

Mahalialee4

Forgot to add that I am leaving my mix in for one week and I apply it twice in a week. Then I do a shampoo and deep condition. bonjour