Spinoff: Hard Mesh Rollers

prospurr4

Where can I buy the hard mesh rollers that are referred to in the "Favorite Rollers" thread? I've looked at my local BSS and Sally's, and they do have them.

Also, it is necessary to use end papers with this type of roller?

Thanks for your response(s).

lisana

I would try e-bay. I wold also use end papers because I would fear the mesh would tear the hair. Here's a link

Last edited:

prospurr4

Thanks so much, lisana and crlsweetie!

Crlsweetie, you mentioned that the rollers are not smooth, but textured. Will I not get smooth results, similar to if I set on the magnetic rollers?

I was also wondering where I can find these. Haven't been able to at the local BSS or Sally's. I KNOW DAGGONE WELL I don't need to buy anymore products/tools, but I think I might have to make an exception for this one.:grin:

prospurr4

The only thing is, you look like you have a whole heck of a lot of hair over there. The largest size is the red ones and I think that's only maybe 1 1/2 inches.

Thanks for the "heads up" about the size, and for the bolded part...that's certainly a compliment to me.

My hair is thick and takes a long time to dry, which is why I'm so interested in these mesh rollers. I usually set me hair on 2" gray magnetics, but I will give these red ones a try. I was even thinking about getting the green ones too, for a spiral set.

You've been so helpful, crlsweetie, and I really appreciate it.:)

crlsweetie912

Thanks for the "heads up" about the size, and for the bolded part...that's certainly a compliment to me.

My hair is thick and takes a long time to dry, which is why I'm so interested in these mesh rollers. I usually set me hair on 2" gray magnetics, but I will give these red ones a try. I was even thinking about getting the green ones too, for a spiral set.

You've been so helpful, crlsweetie, and I really appreciate it.:)

Aww, I didn't do anything. That's what we are here for!

Don't sleep on the regular mesh rollers. The metal "spring" on the inside zaps my drying time down to a minimum. But it doesn't get uncomfortably hot. I love them! (But I am a PJ so I have most every kind of roller known to man!)

prospurr4

Diane makes 2 inch rollers, I use those along with the pink ones. They're great. I don't even use endpapers with mine and my hair comes out straight and smooth.

http://www.metrobeauty.com/Hair-Car...-Rollers-.html?CFID=15576481&CFTOKEN=65562992

Wow, I didn't know that people did wet sets with the regular mesh rollers. I thought I needed the hard ones to get a smooth result. I think I was confused...when reading that "Favorite Rollerset" thread, I assumed that when people said their favorite is mesh, I thought they were talking about the hard mesh, not the regular. I may have to try both kinds to see which I like the most. Thanks for the info. and the link.

Last edited:

LovelyLionessa

Wow, I didn't know that people did wet sets with the regular mesh rollers. I thought I needed the hard ones to get a smooth result. I think I was confused...when reading that "Favorite Rollerset" thread, I assumed that when people said their favorite is mesh, I thought they were talking about the hard mesh, not the regular. I may have to try both kinds to see which I like the most. Thanks for the info. and the link.

Your welcome, Prospurr. Happy shopping. ;)

Daisimae

There is also an off-white color that is larger than the red ones. My stylist uses them. (Not on me.) I saw them at a local ABSS.

mochamadness

Going the Distance
There is also an off-white color that is larger than the red ones. My stylist uses them. (Not on me.) I saw them at a local ABSS.

Yeah I have the off-white one's too. These are bigger than the red ones, but are hard to find. I was so happy when I found a bss that carried them.