Spinoff! Regarding NG after a few wks post..

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I've been wondering why some ladies at 4 wks post would not want to see NG? To me it means my hair is growwing and I'll be closer to my goal, but I've notice alot of complaints when after getting a relaxer let's say a few wks later pple are upset their hair isn't as straight as it was on relaxer day.
Now if you relaxed on monday and your next wash day is 4 days from then and on thursday you had a ton of NG then I can understand why you would be upset because it could mean the relaxer didn't take as well as you thought.
Normally when I relax I am looking for some NG by the 3rd or 4th wk. and it reall doesn't show until wk 5 or 6, except since I've been taking Nioxxin vitamins, :D , I had some NG at wk 2 1/2 I can't wait to see how much my hair has grown come the 12 th.
Anyway, am I the only one that has thought of this?

MrsHouston

I wouldn't mind seeing new growth sooner too. That just means your hair is growing faster. I don't see mine until week 4 to 5. I might also try those vitamins you're taking. Have they really speeded up your growth? This is awesome!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Yes they have, I was freshly relaxed on the 12th of Sept. and I normally don't see any growth until wk 5 or 6, but I had noticable growth since a few days b4 wk 3, I would probably have more if I didn't forget to take them so much. I'll measure on the 12th.
MrsHouston said:
I wouldn't mind seeing new growth sooner too. That just means your hair is growing faster. I don't see mine until week 4 to 5. I might also try those vitamins you're taking. Have they really speeded up your growth? This is awesome!

KhandiB

No youre not the only one..

I believe if you dont see new growth your hair is not growing :)

Denim And Leather

I agree. If I didn't see any new growth after the 4th week, I'd panic. :lol: I too, usually see mine around week 3-4, and don't mind it at all! :D

KiniKakes

Yeah i totally rejoice when my roots start getting wavy/curly! That means its GROWING!!!!!!!! :grin: I love it.... the sooner the better!!!

e$h

I love the wavy ng too. I can't keep my hands out my hair. *****rejoicing*******

MizaniMami

I love to see newgrowth too, it means it's growing. But for my it symbolizes the struggle is ahead. It really is a struggle for me to handle my newgrowth, and I don't particurily enjoy it. That is why I am relaxed in the first place.

But for those first 2-3 weeks after I relax, boy I shole do be enjoying the tangle free hair.

Just keeping it real.:look:

secretdiamond

^^ ITA. Actually I get disappointed when I don't see newgrowth by the 4th week. This happened this relaxer cycle. I relaxed early August and had not used MTG all summer and my hair didn't really seem to grow much. The 4th week came and my hair was still plastered against my head. :( I wasn't used to that since I started MTG.

I know now for sure that my growth rate is slow and that MTG nudges it along. I even started vitamins b/c I was skeptical of those too, but now I know that it can only help my growth rate a little. Vits and mtg might not be miracle products, but they definitely give me an little boost. :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I'm transitioning and I can't wait til I get enough NG to do it!:D The way I see it, I have to transition for a minimum of 6 months to get to a point where I can BC. Please tell me more about those Nioxin vitamins, PLEASE?;):lol:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm transitioning and about 6 weeks post and I just barely have new growth. If I had ng at 4 weeks, the last thing I would be is upset.

MzOptimistic

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I've been wondering why some ladies at 4 wks post would not want to see NG? To me it means my hair is growwing and I'll be closer to my goal, but I've notice alot of complaints when after getting a relaxer let's say a few wks later pple are upset their hair isn't as straight as it was on relaxer day.
Now if you relaxed on monday and your next wash day is 4 days from then and on thursday you had a ton of NG then I can understand why you would be upset because it could mean the relaxer didn't take as well as you thought.
Normally when I relax I am looking for some NG by the 3rd or 4th wk. and it reall doesn't show until wk 5 or 6, except since I've been taking Nioxxin vitamins, :D , I had some NG at wk 2 1/2 I can't wait to see how much my hair has grown come the 12 th.
Anyway, am I the only one that has thought of this?

I love it when my ng start coming in...I actually start stalking my ng around 3 or 4 weeks, that's around the time it starts coming in...I get really anxious and excited like a crackhead and my daughter don't understand why I am so excited about my ng (she's 13) she tells me sometimes...You need a perm...and I tell her nope...I'm going long as I can which usually is 10 weeks, I'm going for 12 weeks this time...for real...I am currently 1 week post relaxed now and it is no fun because my hair is straight and of course...no ng yet....but in the 3 week I'll be excited again....I love the texture also...I can't keep my hands outta my head...I need about 1 1/2 inch to be apl....sooooo I love ng and looking forward to it in 3 more weeks:) I take nioxin too been taking them for 2 months and some change, all I can say is WOW....grow hair grow....

Denim And Leather

DDtexlaxd said:
I'm transitioning and I can't wait til I get enough NG to do it!:D The way I see it, I have to transition for a minimum of 6 months to get to a point where I can BC. Please tell me more about those Nioxin vitamins, PLEASE?;):lol:

Do a search on Nioxin, you'll find a lot of info about them here. I think how they work is that they get rid of bacteria around your scalp, thus creating a healthier environment on your scalp for your hair to grow. It takes about 2-3 months before you'll notice the difference. I take them myself and have noticed that it definitely helps my hair grow more (And I also take 1 Futurebiotic Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin, one multi, 1 calcium pill, 4000 mgs of flax seed oil and 1500 mg of vitamin c.) I get about an inch a month of ng. HTH! :)