Stretchers that get professional relaxers

janeemat

Ladies, as I mentioned in other threads I'm 12 wks post Wed and is scheduled for my relaxer. I NEVER thought I could pull this off. The thing is, I'm a little nervous about someone other than me handling my ng, even for a relaxer. I've handled my hair like silk the last few weeks. I've never felt this way before stretching. Is this weird? I trust my stylist and he always does my hair nice, but we all know most stylist don't give your hair that extra attention. They grab it and part it if you know what I mean. My hair is in a bun today after washing and deep cond on Sat. I made sure to put some extra moisturizer on my ng and ends last night. What are some others things I need to do to make sure my ng is as soft as possible in preparation for relaxer on Wed. This site has ruined me.

I spray Sta-Soft-Fro on the roots like a maniac. This also helps with the breaking.

I've found that applying Coconut "grease" to my scalp the night before helps to keep my NG soft, moisturized, and I don't feel any burning at all.

Thanks ladies. I will keep the moisture game going. I have some coconut oil, so think I will mix it with my moisturizer!

I wouldn't apply to much product to my newgrowth right before the touchup as that could hinder the straightening process. On the other hand, if you don't like for your hair to get very straight then go for it.

You are right--most stylists just aren't going to handle your hair as carefully as you do. Even those that are among the best will not treat it as gently as you do. And that, my dear, is ANOTHER reason for stretching your relaxer. You only have to deal with someone else handling your hair every 12 weeks and that's it!

I always tell my stylist that I am tender headed so that she is a extra careful with pulling and combing my hair.

Using baby oil on the scalp the day or night before really helps with burning. I also use grease on the scalp around my edges and ears just in case.

lol I really am tenderheaded so I make sure to let my stylist know! :look:

I put oil on my scalp (this way, I don't get scalp burns), I detangle my hair in small sections (this way the stylist has less problems sectioning and applying the relxer) and put some protein conditioner on the ends (there was a thread here recently on silk protein and relaxers). Also I have an extra fine section in the back and to prevent it from being overprocessed I have started applying some of the protein conditioner to the roots in that section only, I've only done this for the last 2 relaxers so it will take a while to tell if this strategy is working. Good luck!

Back