Spiritual battle...How to know if its what you're going through?

VictoriousBrownFlower

I had a dream last night that bothered me. When I woke up from the dream I thought about a dream my mother had a yr or two ago. The dream my mother had sounded so important to me that I wrote it down. This is what I wrote.

We were in an apt. I was in the room. Mommy, Joey and Allie were there. Anytime they would go off doing their own thing my personality would change in a negative way. Then God would say " Put on the whole armor of god" and I would get better. I had to put on the whole armor of god to prepare for battle. Mommy was my prayer warrior.

Next mommy was on the sidewalk and from where she was standing could see in my room. The lights were going on and off. Mommy knew there was a battle going on. She came back into the apt and there was a silver gate coming down trying to keep me in the room. God says repeatedly "put on the whole armor of god" and the gate disappears. God said "I got this" and it was over. There was never a feeling of demonic possession it was all external battle.

After reading the dream (which I hadn't done in a long time). I got even more afraid because I knew what I was going through was a spiritual battle. This was all spiritual and I had no control over it.

The thing is I'm afraid of the devil. I don't know if I'm strong enough to face him. What can I do to put on the whole armor of god?

I am sure one of our more mature sisters in Christ will be able to better assist you.

However, I know the first thing you should do is stop fearing the devil. God has not given you a spirit of fear. Christ has made you more than a conquer. The devil is and should be afraid of you. You are strong enough to beat the devil and anything he tries will fail because no weapon formed against you will prosper, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. You can put on the full armor of God by believing in your heart of hearts, that he is who he says he is, he can do what he says he can, you are who he says you are and you can do what he says you can do (defeat the devil), you are already victorious and the devil has already lost. Stay in the word, pray and fast. When you feel the devil up to his evil ways say " I rebuke you satan in the name of Jesus", and he must flee.

PinkPebbles

You don’t have to be afraid of the devil because God hasn’t given us the spirit of fear; but of power, love and a sound mind. The word of God promises us in Psalm 91 that He will give His angels charge over us.

Here are a few scriptures to encourage and comfort you.

Matt. 16:19-20
18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Luke 10:18-19
18 He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

I also like to add to be sure not to give the enemy legal ground in your life; and that legal ground is operating in sin. When we sin and do not repent (turn away from our sin) and ask God for His forgiveness that is when we open the door for demonic warfare and become easily susceptible to the enemy’s plots and schemes for our downfall.

Also, sin separates us from having fellowship with God. We are not able to discern what is going on around us or clearly hear from God. However, when we are obedient to the word and voice of God, we don’t have to fear the enemy because we are alert, prayerful, and covered by the blood of Jesus. We can boldly say, if God is with me who can dare be against me.

Be encouraged and pray the word of God over your life daily. Every morning I pray aloud to put on the whole armor of God.

HWAY

There is no need to fear the devil. He is defeated. Whenever you feel anxious, pray and and tell God in the name of Jesus that you trust him. Stand on his promises This is an issue of trust.

Prayer, bible reading and singing songs of praise are mighty weapons. As ImperfectlyPerfect stated, You can do all things through Christ who strengthen you. Remember the Lord has your back. Satan wants you to think you are alone.
Philippians 4:4:6,7 says:
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Romans 8:38,39 says:
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

This is a link to a song based on Psalm 91 that always uplifts me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcdznDxxKYA

VictoriousBrownFlower

Ladies your words of comfort and scriptures really help. The hardest part for me was knowing if I'm doing the right thing. God is still working on me but its hard for me to know that the devil is real and he is trying to stop me from getting to wherever god is leading me to go.

I was reading something about spiritual battles and they said that the battlefield is in your mind. Is that true? I really believe that to be my case. I have been struggling so much with my own insecurities and fears. I feel like god is leading me to let go of them so I can be whole but theres still resistance. I don't know if that resistance is from my flesh or from the devil.

I know the devil tries to deceive. He makes me believe I am in danger. That I cant do it. That what I am going through is just meaningless and everything I'm doing is wrong. I fall for it all the time. Allowing the doubt, anxieties about the future, and fear to take over.

I'm glad I wrote about this. It had been weighing heavy on my mind and when I had the dream I knew I had to write about it in a place I trust. I was worried no one would understand.

Like one of you wrote I need to remember god gives us strength and a sound mind. The devil wants me to think I am weaker than him. That I cant do it. That he is stronger than god and will have his will done.

I've been cowering in fear of the devil when I need to stand up to him. Whenever he makes me feel fear I need to use the word of god to combat it. I need to stand up to the devil and I haven't been doing that.

Iwanthealthyhair67

@BronxJazzy

you got some good sound advice here to today, it also sounds like you already know the answer to your question.

Having said that, n the dream you mention the whole armour of God are you putting on the whole armour each day, if not you should.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I don't think I have been putting on the whole armor. I had to look it up to see what it was. Faith, righteousness, the word, and truth. I will continue to grow in god, trust in him, and have faith that he is enough to fight the devil. That's all I can do. Everyday I will get into the word. No matter how afraid, or doubtful I may get I will fight the good fight. The devil WILL NOT AND CAN NOT WIN!!!! I wont let him and neither will god.

Iwanthealthyhair67

The Armor of God

Ephesians 6

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

read this every day and make it personal, I put on the full armour of God so that I can take my stand etc.,

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I am sure one of our more mature sisters in Christ will be able to better assist you.

However, I know the first thing you should do is stop fearing the devil. God has not given you a spirit of fear. Christ has made you more than a conquer. The devil is and should be afraid of you. You are strong enough to beat the devil and anything he tries will fail because no weapon formed against you will prosper, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

You can put on the full armor of God by believing in your heart of hearts, that he is who he says he is, he can do what he says he can, you are who he says you are and you can do what he says you can do (defeat the devil), you are already victorious and the devil has already lost.

Stay in the word, pray and fast. When you feel the devil up to his evil ways say " I rebuke you satan in the name of Jesus", and he must flee.

Perfectly Perfect..... This is the most Perfect Answer that anyone could give. :up: :yes: :up:

I'll just simply repeat what you've shared:

"Stop being afraid of the devil." Period!

I Peter 3 say:

Who is he that will harm you? You who seek after righteousness?

satan may try and threaten but he cannot do harm to any child of God. Fear him not, he's not worth anyone's energy to waste on fear.

My worse fear in life compared to him is a broken fingernail, but they always grow back stronger.

ImperfectlyPerfect... you need to remove the 'Im' from in front of your name. It doesn't apply to you at all. This is a good Word you shared and it blessed me so much I had to repeat it.

BronxJazzy... you too are perfect, in faith, in love and in this life and beyond it. Don't ever let some devil intimidate you. he's jealous of you being chosen and loved as one of God's dearest daughters. God will not allow him to harm you. It's all in the mind, any thoughts that say that satan will harm a child of God.

The devil lies, always remember that. Every single minute of every single day, the devil lies. So if he said it, you know it's not true and has absolutely no power over you.

:bighug:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ladies, I'm still catching up and all of you have given the Truth and it's a blessing to read it. :yep: