Spiritual books you recommend?

Glib Gurl

I'm sure something like this has been posted before, but I'm wondering if folks can share recommendations on good Christian books they have read?

I really enjoyed Memoir of a Misfit: Finding My Place in the Family of God and Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith. These books helped me when I was really struggling with my faith.

Right now I'm reading Do You Think I'm Beautiful and it is so on point. It's about feeling like an Ugly Duckling and learning that God thinks YOU (individually, not objectively) are wonderful and amazing. It really takes it there, people.

What spiritual/Christian books have you enjoyed that you recommend?

SEMO

My cousin just asked me this the other day. I'm a reader so I gave her my top 10-15 picks. I'll share some of them here. I'm not sure what range of books you're looking for, so I hope my list will be helpful.

1. Kingdom Principles by Myles Munroe (it's about God's purpose for humanity and understanding the place of privilege and favor that puts us in in His kingdom--it TOTALLY changed my life and thinking)

2. Glib Gurl, if you like "Do you think I'm beautiful?" (which I have) then I think you'd like "Beauty by the Book" by Nancy Stafford (it affirms women's desire to be outwardly beautiful as well as beautiful in God).

3. For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn (I great, practical book that gives the low-down on the inner lives of men--including explaining how sex affects husbands so much emotionally)

4. What to Do Until Love Finds You by Michelle McKinney Hammond (I know she has a ton of books out, and I've read a lot of them, but I think this is the best one she wrote and I would recommend this above her other ones)

Wow, there's a lot there just about women and dating :blush:. Let me broaden my recommendations :look:.

5. If you can appreciate a really intellectual/semi-academic approach them I recommend "Can Man Live Without God" by Ravi Zacharias (a philosophical approach talking about the rationality of a belief in God (as presented in the Bible), and refutes the ideas put forth by many popular anti-God philosophers like Aldous Huxley, Nietzsche, Kant, etc.)

6. If you're into science then "The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel does reporter style interviews with Christian experts in areas like cosmology, physics, biochemistry, etc. to show how the nature of the Universe points toward the reality of a Grand Creator.

7. Heaven by Randy Alcorn (was a book that really fleshed out, based on scripture, what it will be like in Heaven--definitely not sitting around all day).

Now on to the top Christian fiction books I've enjoyed.............

8. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (is a poignant and touching retelling of the Bible story in Hosea where God asked a prophet to marry a prostitute. It was an excellent book and showed the lengths that TRUE love will go to. At the end of this book you could not tell me the guy in that book did not love that woman down to the bottom of her soul).

9. Fall from Grace by Ryan Phillips (was an excellent novel by a young black woman talking about the ups and downs of a named Grace as she adjusts to life as a newlywed, while dealing with her co-dependent best friend who's kind of jealous of her happiness)

10. This Present Darkness by Frank Perreti (a gripping story about a small town that is in the midst of a huge spiritual battle. He frequently uses angels and demons as characters in the story as a sort of behind the veil look at their different spiritual influences on people; and showed the power of prayer on situations in the Heavenlies. It really made me think about spiritual warfare, and made me want to pray WAY more than I was before).

Well, I think that's probably enough. I love books and could go on for days, but that list would have to be my recommendations for some of the books I've read that have been my favorites. If you decide to read any of them (both of you who have posted thus far :look:) let me know what you think.

Last edited:

alexstin

My cousin just asked me this the other day. I'm a reader so I gave her my top 10-15 picks. I'll share some of them here. I'm not sure what range of books you're looking for, so I hope my list will be helpful.

1. Kingdom Principles by Myles Munroe (it's about God's purpose for humanity and understanding the place of privilege and favor that puts us in in His kingdom--it TOTALLY changed my life and thinking)

Yes, yes!! Rediscovering the Kingdom started me on this marvelous journey of the message that Jesus really preached and Kingdom Principles sealed the deal.:yep: If you want to be challenged in what you know about the plan of God and the message of Jesus then get this book!!! 99% of the church preaches what they've been taught is the gospel. You'll discover what Jesus said the Gospel is.:grin:

I love anything by Joyce Meyer, but two of my favorites written by her are Approval Addiciton and Battlefield of the Mind.

SEMO

Yes, yes!! Rediscovering the Kingdom started me on this marvelous journey of the message that Jesus really preached and Kingdom Principles sealed the deal.:yep: If you want to be challenged in what you know about the plan of God and the message of Jesus then get this book!!! 99% of the church preaches what they've been taught is the gospel. You'll discover what Jesus said the Gospel is.:grin:

:yep::yep::yep::yep: Yep. I couldn't agree more. It shocked me to realize that I'd been reading the Bible and hadn't realized that Jesus spent almost ALL His time preaching about God's kingdom. Salvation is what opens the door for us to re-enter God's kingdom. Myles Munroe does a great job of breaking it down.

Also, he allowed a ten part sermon series of his on the kingdom to be published online for FREE at reclaimusa.com (they are listed under MP3 files).

Blessed_Angel

T.D. Jakes' 'The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord' as well as "Maximize the Moment' are great books. I will reread them both soon.

alexstin

:yep::yep::yep::yep: Yep. I couldn't agree more. It shocked me to realize that I'd been reading the Bible and hadn't realized that Jesus spent almost ALL His time preaching about God's kingdom. Salvation is what opens the door for us to re-enter God's kingdom. Myles Munroe does a great job of breaking it down.

Also, he allowed a ten part sermon series of his on the kingdom to be published online for FREE at reclaimusa.com (they are listed under MP3 files).

Girl, I hear you!:yep:

sareca

2. Glib Gurl, if you like "Do you think I'm beautiful?" (which I have) then I think you'd like "Beauty by the Book" by Nancy Stafford (it affirms women's desire to be outwardly beautiful as well as beautiful in God).

3. For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn (I great, practical book that gives the low-down on the inner lives of men--including explaining how sex affects husbands so much emotionally)

4. What to Do Until Love Finds You by Michelle McKinney Hammond (I know she has a ton of books out, and I've read a lot of them, but I think this is the best one she wrote and I would recommend this above her other ones)

Wow, there's a lot there just about women and dating :blush:. Let me broaden my recommendations :look:.

5. If you can appreciate a really intellectual/semi-academic approach them I recommend "Can Man Live Without God" by Ravi Zacharias (a philosophical approach talking about the rationality of a belief in God (as presented in the Bible), and refutes the ideas put forth by many popular anti-God philosophers like Aldous Huxley, Nietzsche, Kant, etc.)

6. If you're into science then "The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel does reporter style interviews with Christian experts in areas like cosmology, physics, biochemistry, etc. to show how the nature of the Universe points toward the reality of a Grand Creator.

7. Heaven by Randy Alcorn (was a book that really fleshed out, based on scripture, what it will be like in Heaven--definitely not sitting around all day).

Now on to the top Christian fiction books I've enjoyed.............

8. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (is a poignant and touching retelling of the Bible story in Hosea where God asked a prophet to marry a prostitute. It was an excellent book and showed the lengths that TRUE love will go to. At the end of this book you could not tell me the guy in that book did not love that woman down to the bottom of her soul).

9. Fall from Grace by Ryan Phillips (was an excellent novel by a young black woman talking about the ups and downs of a named Grace as she adjusts to life as a newlywed, while dealing with her co-dependent best friend who's kind of jealous of her happiness)

10. This Present Darkness by Frank Perreti (a gripping story about a small town that is in the midst of a huge spiritual battle. He frequently uses angels and demons as characters in the story as a sort of behind the veil look at their different spiritual influences on people; and showed the power of prayer on situations in the Heavenlies. It really made me think about spiritual warfare, and made me what to pray WAY more than I was before).

Well, I think that's probably enough. I love books and could go on for days, but that list would have to be my recommendations for some of the books I've read that have been my favorites. If you decide to read any of them (both of you who have posted thus far :look:) let me know what you think.

Wow! I came to this thread looking for a new book to read.
Thanks a bunch... :hug2: I'm gonna get started today. :)

SEMO

Wow! I came to this thread looking for a new book to read.
Thanks a bunch... :hug2: I'm gonna get started today. :)

You're welcome :Blush2:. If you read any of the ones I recommended let me know what you think of them.

Honey6928215

This is a very good list, SEMO. I'm going to make a note of them. Keep them coming ladies. I'm glad someone made a thread about this. Oh, I heard that Joel Osteen's 'Your Best Life Now' is pretty good. I've been trying to buy his book.

Last edited:

plainj

I just finished reading The Purpose Driven Life. I love that book. I saw growth in my Christian life after reading it.

InnerSoul

Secure in Heart...Robin Wideners

What to do until Love finds you... Michelle Hammond

Captivating... Staci ?? last name just left me:ohwell:

just a few to say the least.