Split End - Thank You Ego Boost

madamdot

Just wanted to say thanks to the kind soul - I think its Kreeme - who suggested Bed Head Ego Boost for split ends.

My hair has been in full force rebellion mode, split middles and ends, looking trashy etc . . . for no apparent reason. So I have been killing it with TLC. Hot oil treatments, etc - but the Ego Boost has really, really helped. I have fine hair so it great because it doesn't weight it down one bit but keeps it moisturized.

I think I have found a staple. :D

Thanks

kreeme

madamdot said:
Just wanted to say thanks to the kind soul - I think its Kreeme - who suggested Bed Head Ego Boost for split ends.

My hair has been in full force rebellion mode, split middles and ends, looking trashy etc . . . for no apparent reason. So I have been killing it with TLC. Hot oil treatments, etc - but the Ego Boost has really, really helped. I have fine hair so it great because it doesn't weight it down one bit but keeps it moisturized.

I think I have found a staple. :D
Thanks

Aww...thanks :blush: I am so glad I was able to contribute to your hair happiness. I have to tell you something funny. I use Ego Boost on my daughter's hair as well. So the other morning I left it in her room without even thinking anything of it because I have two bottles. Well, she's always saying how good it smelled. So I went in there to get the bottle the other morning and I almost went to jail. How about this child has used up half the doggone bottle on her dolls hair?! :eek: I asked her did she know how much that stuff cost me (she's only 5)?! :mad: I wanted to break her neck. So now, I keep it where she can't reach it. At $14 a bottle, I can't afford to be having her dolls hair all shiney and smelling good. :nono:

kreeme

It's a leave in split end mender.

lmjenk67

kreeme said:
Aww...thanks :blush: I am so glad I was able to contribute to your hair happiness. I have to tell you something funny. I use Ego Boost on my daughter's hair as well. So the other morning I left it in her room without even thinking anything of it because I have two bottles. Well, she's always saying how good it smelled. So I went in there to get the bottle the other morning and I almost went to jail. How about this child has used up half the doggone bottle on her dolls hair?! :eek: I asked her did she know how much that stuff cost me (she's only 5)?! :mad: I wanted to break her neck. So now, I keep it where she can't reach it. At $14 a bottle, I can't afford to be having her dolls hair all shiney and smelling good. :nono:

Hee, hee. Your daughter is just trying to help you use all the surplus products that you have:lachen:

Edie

Candy_C said:
is this stuff MOISTURIZING?

i LOVE leave in conditioners!

I first introduced board members to Ego-Boost over a year ago. It is called the split end mender. This product does not provide moisture. What it does deliver is a protective barrier to your hair to help prevent split ends. The first time I used it was after a fresh trim. I then applied a leave in moisturizer to my hair, followed by oil. Ego-boost provided a thin barrier over the moisturizer and oil, thus not only protecting my hair from splitting but also trapping the moisture in. It works great, but I would advise not using more than twice a week. I rarely get split ends.

Candy_C

Edie said:
I first introduced board members to Ego-Boost over a year ago. It is called the split end mender. This product does not provide moisture. What it does deliver is a protective barrier to your hair to help prevent split ends. The first time I used it was after a fresh trim. I then applied a leave in moisturizer to my hair, followed by oil. Ego-boost provided a thin barrier over the moisturizer and oil, thus not only protecting my hair from splitting but also trapping the moisture in. It works great, but I would advise not using more than twice a week. I rarely get split ends.

ooh, thanks! so its kind alike the last thing after the oil. i gotcha! :)

sweetascocoa

some people have complained about it masking split ends that are already there. so when you stop using it, you'll see LOTS of split ends. lol. thats why im scared of using mine. it can be used to prevent any new splitties and the best thing to do and to keep trimming/dusting on your normal schedule

Edie

toosexy1 said:
some people have complained about it masking split ends that are already there. so when you stop using it, you'll see LOTS of split ends. lol. thats why im scared of using mine. it can be used to prevent any new splitties and the best thing to do and to keep trimming/dusting on your normal schedule

If your hair has split ends to begin with, it will not make them go away like magic. Remember I said I did a fresh trim first. If you start off with split ends you will wind up with split ends. Have a trim first, then start using it way I suggested. This will help to stop split ends from forming.

madamdot

kreeme said:

That's hilarious. OK- maybe not. But at that age it is extremely important to have your dolls looking as gorgeous as you do :)

It's funny everyone thinks it smells so good. I think it smell OK. I wanted to post that message yesterday but decided to try it one more day to make sure I wasnt jumping the gun about liking it.

It definitely seals in moisture and I like that I dont have to use a lot. My hair sucks everything up. In addition to that, its very, very light. My hair dries smooth and flat. I mean I could go on and on.

I think this will definitely help me stretch my relaxer as well - yippee :)

kreeme

Edie said:

It keeps my ends very moisturized and I use it every day. :look:

madamdot

kreeme said:
It keeps my ends very moisturized and I use it every day. :look:

Remember, not everything is right for everyone. Some of the best tauted brands around here wreak havoc on my hair (and others as well).

For people interested - get samples if and when you can - it is 15 bucks a pop. Ouch!

joyous

Edie said:

This is when I first tried it, after reading your review in that old thread. All I can say is thanks, it works wonders. I retained so much length since I started using this. That $15.00 was well spent and the bottle has lasted over six months. I use it faithfully after every wash, only on my ends. I didn't have to get a trim for many months

kreeme

longhairluva said:
Can this be found in stores or do I have to order it online?

I get my Tigi products from Kroger or Publix. It costs a bit much, but I like it, so I don't mind. Besides, you don't use a whole bunch all over your head...just the ends.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I really like this product, and it actually was easy to wing right into my regimen. I use it only on my ends after applying a moisturizing leave in, rollerset or airdry and I'm cool.

madamdot

Lanelle said:
Can someone post the ingredients, if its not too much trouble?

Taken From Drugstore.com - where it is on sale for 11.99

Water (aqua), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Amodimethicone, Centrimonium Chloride, Tricontanyl PVP, Polyquaternium-10, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, PVP, Fragrance (parfum), Diazolidinyl Urea, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Propylparaben, Stearalkonium Chloride, Citric Acid

Edie

joyous said:
This is when I first tried it, after reading your review in that old thread. All I can say is thanks, it works wonders. I retained so much length since I started using this. That $15.00 was well spent and the bottle has lasted over six months. I use it faithfully after every wash, only on my ends. I didn't have to get a trim for many months

You are very welcome. Most people run into problems because they don't get a trim before starting to use it or they use too much of it. A little goes a long way. Don't overdue. Like I said 2 times a week is plenty. I have fine hair (just a lot of it) so I am especially careful not to have too thick a coating on my ends. I do this to allow my ends to breath, so to speak. Use a leave in moisturizer, then apply over the ends, then the Ego Boost and you should never run into any problems with it.

*ElleB

I always wondered if this stuff was good or not...I don't have problems with my ends as much tho...

kreeme

madamdot said:
Remember, not everything is right for everyone. Some of the best tauted brands around here wreak havoc on my hair (and others as well).

For people interested - get samples if and when you can - it is 15 bucks a pop. Ouch!

Exactly. That is why I gave my two cents on how it works on my hair :yep:

Just when I thought I had kicked the PJ habit, reading about this product will send me into relapse. I am going to get this today. Thanks ladies for all of the posted information.

joyous

Edie said:
I have fine hair so I am especially careful not to have too thick a coating on my ends. Use a leave in moisturizer, then apply over the ends, then the Ego Boost and you should never run into any problems with it.

This is exactly how I use it, and it has worked wonders.

Last edited: