Split End - Thank You Ego Boost

azul11

Let me see if I am understanding correctly: You apply a leave in conditioner, then the Ego Boost, then oil? Is that correct? God bless you all.

Well I ran out and bought it and my hair responds really well to it. - It does smell nice!

My only question is that is has Hydrolyzed Keratin - I know when you see Keratin, it is a heavy protein.

Do you ladies think putting it on your ends twice a week will not have a counter effect of brittleness?

joyous

SerenityBreeze said:
Well I ran out and bought it and my hair responds really well to it. - It does smell nice!

My only question is that is has Hydrolyzed Keratin - I know when you see Keratin, it is a heavy protein.

Do you ladies think putting it on your ends twice a week will not have a counter effect of brittleness?

I only use it once a week, right after applying my leave in. I think Edie uses it twice a week and stated she had no problems. You only need a very small amount, that is key because you don't want your ends to be stiff or brittle. My bottle lasted 6 months. You can also apply a light coating of oil afterwards.

kreeme

SerenityBreeze said:

I use it more than twice a week with no problems. I've been using it for a little over two months now. My ends are loving it. I also CW every other day as well, so that may have something to do with it. :confused:

sareca

SerenityBreeze said:

I thought Keratin was considered a light protein. :confused: My hair responds well to Keratin and Silk proteins pretty much all the others eventually dry it out.

One side of my head gets slit ends much more often than the other. I might give this a shot after my next dusting. Has anyone used Bonacure Sealed Ends (http://store.hello-gorgeous.net/boreseen.html). I also have it on my wish list.

Last edited:

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I use it, and it does work. I haven't had any splits since my relaxer March 3rd. I purchased it to add to my winter hair care routine because the New England cold, dry air on the outside and dry heat inside is horrible for my ends.

Well, they survived thanks to Ego Boost!!! :)

If it is something you're thinking about purchasing, it cost me $14.99 at the drugstore, and I would suggest using it after a trim (or good dusting) to prevent splits from forming. HTH!

jwhitley6

Legend said:
I use it, and it does work. I haven't had any splits since my relaxer March 3rd. I purchased it to add to my winter hair care routine because the New England cold, dry air on the outside and dry heat inside is horrible for my ends.

Well, they survived thanks to Ego Boost!!! :)

If it is something you're thinking about purchasing, it cost me $14.99 at the drugstore, and I would suggest using it after a trim (or good dusting) to prevent splits from forming. HTH!

Thanks for your input, Legend. Sounds like good stuff. I trim/dust next week, so I'll start then. How do you use it? Everyday?

Hardwksister

Hi ladies - I would use it 2 x week after every wash but i think the keratin was a bit drying for my hair. I've been using the Garnier anti-split leave in, my hair responds well with that.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
jwhitley6 said:
Thanks for your input, Legend. Sounds like good stuff. I trim/dust next week, so I'll start then. How do you use it? Everyday?

I apply it throughout my hair while it is damp on wash days, concentrating on the tips, and just a little bit on ends every day before styling. I think a little goes a long way. I never use more than a quarter-size amount. HTH