Starting All Over Again........Help!

DIMPLES81

Hello ladies (you all are beautiful)!

I first discovered this forum by accident in 2004 and was instantly glued to the computer for weeks. I personally had been one of those lovely ladies that had always struggled with my hair since the dawn of time. I thought beautiful hair was just one of those traits that you were either born with or not. Well to make a loooooooong story short........you all inspired me and I set out on my journey to get the hair I always admired.

In 2005, I got all the damaged hair cut off and started wearing sew-in hairstyles for an entire year while continuing to moisturize and condition my own hair in the process. In May 2006, I took the weave out and for the first time, began wearing my own beautiful hair. I could not believe it (my mom was even wondering how)!

Two months later, I found out that I was pregnant. Needless to say, my hair grew even faster and had more luster than I could ever imagine. However, my hairdresser warned me that I may have SOME shedding post-pregnancy (especially when breastfeeding). She stated that she had seen it a lot with pregnant women (some worse than others). That was an understatement for me and had I been thinking right, I should have logged on then to see what I could do to stop the shedding.

Therefore, instead of trying to create styles while recovering from shedding, I am starting all over again and want the expert advice from the pros. I need to know how to get this hair back right and keep it that way. I am resorting back to the sew-in while I am going through this process but wanted to get some suggestions as to products, vitamin supplements, and any other tips that you all have seen work for regrowth and health. I would definitely appreciate it.

Just in case this helps tailor the suggestions:

- I have an extremely hard time taking pills, so liquid supplements would be great.
- My hair type is basically 4A/B........so the follicles are soft, fine, and delicate (but beautiful when it is healthy and I WANT IT BACK:)

Help me.............please!

LadyKaypnyc

Hey girl! I don't take vitamins (I can't take pills either, It's a phobia of mine), but I strongly recommend recommend Redken products, namely Redken Extreme Deep Fuel.

Why It Works:

> Helps restore very distressed hair back to its natural, healthy state
> Provides long-term conditioning and repair that lasts up to eight shampoos
> Hair is stronger, shinier and more manageable
> After 5 single treatments, hair is up to 3 times stronger*
*compared to an ordinary shampoo alone in lab brushing tests.

Key Ingredients:

3D Repair Complex
01 Proteins - internal strength
02 Ceramide - cuticle reinforcement
03 Natural Lipids - protective resurfacingRedken’s exclusive Interbond Conditioning System delivers a unique 3D Repair Complex of proteins, ceramide and lipids to help provide internal strength, cuticle reinforcement and protective resurfacing. A durable conditioning agent provides long-term conditioning and repair that lasts up to eight shampoos.

How To Use:

After shampooing, apply one full packette to towel-dried hair. Leave on 5-10 minutes. Rinse.

I love it!!!

naturalgurl

I'm a 4 hair type too. Take a look at my fotki. PW scoobies. I do toooooo much to type it all here. Take what you want from there and leave the rest. HTH!

Traycee

Sorry......I go through this every pregnancy.....My hair breaks and thins out....It usually starts growing thickening up on its own about 6 months post pregnancy.....

Protein Shakes....and V8 will help

DIMPLES81

Thank you ladies.........I will look into these products and supplements.

If you all think of anything else, please let me know. Also any experiences with Carol's Daughter products I heard that there were good as well?

graCeful_89

How about Flaxseed Oil (either the liquid or the actual seeds) for shine and growth? You can add it to your food (about 1-2 tsp daily) to save time. Never tried the liquid but people say its good on some salad or oatmeal.

MariposaSexyGirl

I had shedding after both pregnancies. But it wasn't breakage but just shed hair with bulbs on the end.I usually loose my temples but they come back with in a month or two. During pregancy your shedding process slows down or either stops completely because of a male hormone we prodce during that time. So when the pregnancy is over you shed all the hair that was supose to be shed previously. Your hair should become normal within 6 months to a year. And it could also be shedding from stress and a need for essential vitamins because your body is recovering from giving birth.