STEAM FLAT IRON?

ebsalita

Yes - I can recommend mine - I hope they have it in the USA too.

Babyliss 230 Pro Radiance Sleek. It's a purple colour - there are a number of them...

It's a great iron, can be used with or without steam and gives me wonderful results - I've used it in my avatar pic - natural hair blowdried and then straightened. My only complaint is that the reservoir for the water is a little small so I have to refill once before my hair is done.

Hope this helps - if you have more questions etc, let me know

bunnie82

i'm gonna look that up!!! thanks!!!

is it heavy and awkward like the maxiglide? (i hate that name!):blush:

MsLauren

Joico k-pak vapor iron. it's a quality iron and on sale for 99.99 at trade secret this month!

Cherokee-n-Black

Yes - I can recommend mine - I hope they have it in the USA too.

Babyliss 230 Pro Radiance Sleek. It's a purple colour - there are a number of them...

It's a great iron, can be used with or without steam and gives me wonderful results - I've used it in my avatar pic - natural hair blowdried and then straightened. My only complaint is that the reservoir for the water is a little small so I have to refill once before my hair is done.

Hope this helps - if you have more questions etc, let me know

ebsalita - OMG that siggy pic is some gorgeousness...Wow. May just have to get one on gp. You REALLY should break down EVERYthing you used on your hair. Man!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Oooooooh! The Babyliss looks really nice. Its cheaper (Amazon) than the Joico Vapor Iron and lighter than Maxiglide. This will def be my next purchase. Thanks for the rec, ebsalita!

Last edited:

ebsalita

bunnie82 Sorry I didn't see this until now - no it is not heavy at all, very easy to manoeuvre around the head, a nicely balanced piece of kit.

i'm gonna look that up!!! thanks!!!

is it heavy and awkward like the maxiglide? (i hate that name!):blush:

ebsalita - OMG that siggy pic is some gorgeousness...Wow. May just have to get one on gp. You REALLY should break down EVERYthing you used on your hair. Man!

Cherokee-n-Black Thank you!
The siggy pic with the curls I think you refer to is a hairdresser job (she just has the best technique - I can't get close to that kinda bling without shine spray) - believe it or not, there's nothing on it except for a little heat protector, which was by keracare. (I didn't see the shampoo she used 'cause I have my head in the sink and she never seems to use conditioner on me)! :ohwell:

I used the babyliss on the avatar pic at the top with the ponytail, which I did myself hence not so 'blingy'. Conditioner - Aussie Take the Heat mixed with a little hot 6 and left under a warm cap for a while. Shampoo: Porosity control. I used John Frieda straightening creme blowdried and then, followed by ORS Olive Oil Moisturiser and a little elasta QP Power Drops for shine.

HTH

Cherokee-n-Black

Cherokee-n-Black Thank you!
The siggy pic with the curls I think you refer to is a hairdresser job (she just has the best technique - I can't get close to that kinda bling without shine spray) - believe it or not, there's nothing on it except for a little heat protector, which was by keracare. (I didn't see the shampoo she used 'cause I have my head in the sink and she never seems to use conditioner on me)! :ohwell:

HTH

Sometimes, less IS more! I wish I could figure out the "magic" of salon styling. I've only gotten salon-like results a handful of times, and totally by accident!

coyacoy

hi Nightingale....yes! i did receive it - looks great - sturdy, nice quality; alas shamefully i have not yet taken it for the maiden voyage :lol: i might this weekend since it is a long one. i'll be sure to update afterwards and hopefully will remember to take before and after pics. :yep:

Nightingale

I was going through my Amazon Wishlist last night and discovered that the Babyliss I was looking at is now $39.95. I bought that thing so fast my credit card got whiplash.

For those that may be worried about the warranty, I called Conair/Babyliss and asked them about the warranty on the Babyliss if bought on Amazon. The representative assured me that it would get the limited warranty (40 months, I think). She said the only products that don't get the warranty are products purchased on Ebay.

coyacoy

@Nightingale - so i finally used the bliss pro steam flat iron and LOVE!! :love:

since it was my first time using and i rarely straighten, i used the lower setting (between 10 and 15). the directions indicated that i should use a heat setting of about 25, but i am not experienced enough with flat ironing and temps to just go for that so opted for lesser temp. i will go higher next time to get it straighter. i forgot to do the before pics, but i posted after. my hair is extremely soft and doesn't feel dried out at all; which has been the case in the past using regular flat irons. i only had to refill the water resevoir(sp?) once to complete my entire head. Pics below of the finished product - not bone straight; but got it straight enough that i was able to see that i needed a good trim. cut off about an inch - inch and a half.

The second pic - while not taken today - gives you an idea of what my hair looked like w/o the flat iron.

Attachments

• IMG_0006 (2).jpg
    IMG_0006 (2).jpg
    461.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0037.jpg
    IMG_0037.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

mrsmeredith

I have too have the babyliss steam iron. I recommend using thicker parts than the norm and go at a steady pace. You will get shiny beautiful results every time. It now takes me no more than 15-20 minutes to do my hair or my girls.

coyacoy that low of a temp will not straighten your hair with good results. I use around 30 heat setting and it works well. Clean hair, great deep conditioner, heat protection serum or etc. equals healthy looking, no heat damaged beautiful hair as long as the right settings are used for your hair type.

Amazon has it cheaper than folica. Reviews are good on both sites.

Nightingale

coyacoy thanks for your review. I purchased the babyliss and used it on Friday (setting 21) and my hair came out smooth, straight, and glossy. 3 days later it still looks as good as it did on day 1. I used diluted aphogee keratin in the reservoir.

coyacoy

Nightingale - what a great idea to use that in the resevoir!! thanks for sharing that! :grin:

@coyacoy thanks for your review. I purchased the babyliss and used it on Friday (setting 21) and my hair came out smooth, straight, and glossy. 3 days later it still looks as good as it did on day 1. I used diluted aphogee keratin in the reservoir.