Steam hair straightener?

shell

Thinking about the hair steamers people have purchased or thought of purchasing, I was wondering if anyone owns a steam hair straightener? If so, how well does it work?

Tracy

I had one. It was like a steam flat iron. It really sucked.
I threw it away. It didn't straighten my hair. It made it wet and frizzy.

secretdiamond

BUMP.... I didn't want to start a new thread....

Has anyone else tried steam flat irons or steam curling irons. Since steam is safe for the hair to use and ppl were getting great results from the rollers, I was wondering about irons. I ask this b/c I suck at putting in rollers. Please respond. TIA.

secretdiamond

Here's one I found:

Hot Tools Ceramic Ion Steam Flat Iron

The Super Frizz Buster!

Ions boost steam output by 3X for better holding, longer lasting styles loaded with moisture. Ceramic conducts heat evenly for superior results and inhibits bacteria and odor build up, is easy to clean. Can be used withor without steam, with or without ions. Ceramics radiant far infared heat quickly penetrates the center of the ahir shaft to heat hair from the inside out, reducing exposure to heat and preserving its moisture.

Hot Tools Ceramic Ion Steam Flat Iron Includes 3 Settings:
(1) Ion/Steam: Conditioning Steam Infused with moisturizing Ions Creates Long Lasting Styles with Great Hold
(2) Steam: Moisturizes, Protects Hair from Dryness and Reduces Frizz
(3) Dry Heat: Straightens Quickly and Easily for Smooth Styles

Someone else started a post about this iron b4, but no one really said anything about it... so has anyone tried it now?

Last edited:

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I have the Maxiglide and you have the option of using it w/or w/o the steam i always use it with the steam because it makes the hair shinier and softer IMO. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a regular flat iron.;)

Lucia

BeautifulWideEyes said:
I have the Maxiglide and you have the option of using it w/or w/o the steam i always use it with the steam because it makes the hair shinier and softer IMO. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than a regular flat iron.;)
What she said ITA

~*~ShopAholic~*~

secretdiamond said:
so you can use it with the steam all the way thru or does it do just bursts of steam?
It does burst of steam, depending on the length of the hair it makes it way through just fine with one burst. ON long hair I'm sure you may have to add a 2nd burst in there mid way but you have to judge it. I normally do 1 throughout the hair and 1 on the ends.

secretdiamond

wow. that sounds great. It looks like I'll be getting that one. I was afraid to get it b/c I am a heat addict and would want to do it more often. I was hoping to find a product that would not damage my hair (like the caruso rollers everyone is talking about) and that i could use fairly frequently. So would u say it's okay to use the maxiglide at least once a week?

thanks for repsonding.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

secretdiamond said:
wow. that sounds great. It looks like I'll be getting that one. I was afraid to get it b/c I am a heat addict and would want to do it more often. I was hoping to find a product that would not damage my hair (like the caruso rollers everyone is talking about) and that i could use fairly frequently. So would u say it's okay to use the maxiglide at least once a week?

thanks for repsonding.
It really depends on your hair strength and what it can stand, but I thought the steam rollers were great I have heard great reviews on those Carusso's and Revelon they say you can use these everyday! So I was off to get a set tomorrow. I only flat iron my hair 3-4 times a year, I rollerset more in the beginning of a fresh relaxer and then turn to protective styles come post 6 wks.